• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasLegio

Banned
Any possibility of streaming this on an iphone?

any HTML5-streaming site would work. I think Giantbomb does it. Also you can use twitch-app or similar. Giantbomb was on twitch on the PS4 reveal.

Who would want people to stop posting this?

Oh-Veronica-Belmont_zpsa5f5646d.gif

Hey, Veronica

I love you

so call me maybe

He's extremely reliable. It depends on how solid his source is for that particular piece of info and how confident he is in it, though.

Insomniac being Nextbox exclusive for a title wouldn't be surprising. I doubt EA wants to publish another one of their games with Fuse being a massive bomb, so they're going to need another publisher. Microsoft may want them on stage just like Sony trotted Bungie out on stage, but I don't see it having the same impact.

Sadly, Insomniac's output has been mostly garbage the past gen, but I still enjoy me a Ratchet game every now and then (Crack in Time was great).

I wish they'd stop trying to follow everyone else, their games just look generic and have a sterile feel to them.

What are some rumors that famousmortimer said?

tasos

k still nothing on the dashboard here in italy :/...but i can watch it still trough the gt app

Log in to your US account if you have one , download the app - then log in to your native account and the app will automatically appear in your apps section .

Doffen

Regarding the conference:

What are the odds of being able to find a download of the full conference video within a few hours of its broadcast?

I'm at work during the conference, and I'd like to go into it "clean" without reading all of the details on the internet first. So I'd like to stay in media blackout during the day, come home that afternoon, download the video file, and then sit back and watch it "fresh".

You think it'll be on YouTube or something where I could get at it that way?

Seriously, what's the point of livestreaming it when everyone that wants to watch it is either at work or at school? Piss-poor scheduling. Sony's doing this part right.. their last conference and their upcoming E3 conference are both scheduled in the evening when people can actually watch it live.

Major Nelson has confirmed that VOD will be available right after the conference.

It's perfect timing for Europeans.

Izick

He's extremely reliable. It depends on how solid his source is for that particular piece of info and how confident he is in it, though.

Insomniac being Nextbox exclusive for a title wouldn't be surprising. I doubt EA wants to publish another one of their games with Fuse being a massive bomb, so they're going to need another publisher. Microsoft may want them on stage just like Sony trotted Bungie out on stage, but I don't see it having the same impact.

Sadly, Insomniac's output has been mostly garbage the past gen, but I still enjoy me a Ratchet game every now and then (Crack in Time was great).

I wish they'd stop trying to follow everyone else, their games just look generic and have a sterile feel to them.

I thought Fuse wasn't out yet?

I loved the demo, but I agree that it would have been a lot more enjoyable if they had kept the Overstrike art-style. By playing it safe, they didn't play it safe at all.

What did he said? I missed that.

He hinted at an Insomniac exclusive on the Nextbox, and he pretty much blatantly said League of Legends, Hawken, and Dead Rising 3 would be console exclusive to the Nextbox.

Sucks that I am at work exactly at 6 until 11, so I will have to watch a recording once I get back, and of course use my smartphone where possible at work.

Majanew

Banned

How much of Overstrike's change into what Fuse is was Insomniac and not EA? And EA really didn't market the game worth a damn. Same thing they did with Syndicate. Just quietly throw it out there.

Izick

Well for instance, he basically revealed the entire PS4 reveal to the forum before it happened -- down to Mark Cerny being on stage, Knack, new InFamous/Killzone, and Bungie.

Oh, shit.

He sounded like dead-on confident about those three titles, so that's a pretty good bet then? He sounded a little loosey-goosey on Insomniac, but I think he may have just been dancing around it for fun to get people interested.

How much of Overstrike's change into what Fuse is was Insomniac and not EA? And EA really didn't market the game worth a damn. Same thing they did with Syndicate. Just quietly throw it out there.

We'll never really know. They're always going to say they made that creative decision, but we'll never know.

I thought Fuse wasn't out yet?
He hinted at an Insomniac exclusive on the Nextbox, and he pretty much blatantly said League of Legends, Hawken, and Dead Rising 3 would be console exclusive to the Nextbox.

Ah ok, thank you. Those last 3 actually sound really possible. Insomniac going Xbox-exclusive sounds odd, but if true, the meltdowns are going to be EXTREEEEEEME

And what are his rumors on the Xbox side.

I think most of his sources are with some Sony first party studios and third parties.

I don't think he has too many contacts within Microsoft, so sadly not a whole lot.

But as someone mentioned - League of Legends, Hawken, Dead Rising 3, and an Insomniac game would be console exclusive to the Nextbox.

Oh, shit.

He sounded like dead-on confident about those three titles, so that's a pretty good bet then? He sounded a little loosey-goosey on Insomniac, but I think he may have just been dancing around it for fun to get people interested.

We'll never really know. They're always going to say they made that creative decision, but we'll never know.

Yeah I think those three titles are probably a lock -- I've only heard his Insomniac rumor recently, maybe he hasn't heard anything too concrete yet and it's still up in the air. But again it wouldn't really surprise me. Insomniac is a GOOD studio, they've just been so misguided in their title direction this past gen. Lots of bad decisions and I blame Ted Price for the vast majority of them. If Sony/EA don't want to publish with them anymore, then Microsoft may be willing.

Insomniac working on Xbox exclusive
League of Legends
Hawken
Dead Rising 3

All exclusives.

I think most of his sources are with some Sony first party studios and third parties.

I don't think he has too many contacts within Microsoft, so sadly not a whole lot.

But as someone mentioned - League of Legends, Hawken, Dead Rising 3, and an Insomniac game would be console exclusive to the Nextbox.

He also said the Respawn title exclusive deal is done.

Izick

I hope it's just not like "AND HERE IS INSOMNIAC...OUR MEGATON IS NEXT-GEN EXCLUSIVE FUSE, RUNNING AT 60FPS...BOW, BEFORE US, MORTALS" because then I'll be bummed. That will be a buzzkill as much as the Diablo 3 announcement. It is a cool little thing, but has no place on an event of this scale.

Not to mention him not really into this whole cross-gen suff. Think it's going to do a lot of hurt on sales.

EDIT:

Also, he just made a topic about Sony putting multiplayer behind a paywall. He didn't claim anything, but it's kind of odd to see him make that topic.

EDIT 2: Strike that, he clearly did hint that he's heard that from sources.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's interesting to see how many Surfer Girl got right and wrong. Looking at the Unconfirmed Rumors (which haven't been updated in forever, of course), there are a ton of misses.

Insomniac says it was Insomniac. All EA Partners games pretty much are sent to die.

Majanew

Banned
Insomniac working on Xbox exclusive
League of Legends
Hawken
Dead Rising 3

All exclusives.

Insomniac doing Conker would be amazing. Or an IP in the vein of it or Ratchet.

I'll take Hawken since I probably won't get MechAssault/MechWarrior on Durango.

And Dead Rising 3 could be awesome. The amount of zombies on screen should be a site to behold.

Why would Insomniac break the Sony chains to go multi-console only to turn right around and go exclusive with Microsoft? I assume the answer is lolCash, but it still feels wrong. If they give them Conker or Banjo, I might be persuaded to stop caring that they did it.

Izick

Why would Insomniac break the Sony chains to go multi-console only to turn right around and go exclusive with Microsoft? I assume the answer is lolCash, but it still feels wrong. If they give them Conker or Banjo, I might be persuaded to stop caring that they did it.

Maybe they didn't like the experience with EA? Maybe MS made a great deal. Who knows? It really could be anything for their situation in particular, because it's a very peculiar one.

Presumably if Sony is no longer a willing publisher.

I don't think their relationship is very strong, atm.

And perhaps their decision to go multiplat was more about owning their IP than independence --- Microsoft may still allow them to own their IP.

Y2Kev

Because Sony is not paying them to work on an exclusive game after four straight bombs, EA won't work with them again, THQ is gone, and Ubisoft and Activision don't really use indies and always own the IP they work on (except for licensed games). So that leaves Nintendo and Microsoft (and a few other publishers).

I believe Insom is working on another Ratchet to coincide with the movie, but it could be PS3.

edit: Guess they could work with someone like Capcom, but Capcom said they are scaling back Western outsourcing.

Why would anyone care if Insomniac went Xbox exclusive? Nobody gave a fuck when they went multiplatform and even Sony fans have been shitting on them since R2.

Wow, you're being a little harsh there, aren't you? If you look at what released this gen, there was a lot more quality then crap.
Also, Resistance 1 was fucking amazing.

Because Sony is not paying them to work on an exclusive game after four straight bombs, EA won't work with them again, THQ is gone, and Ubisoft and Activision don't really use indies and always own the IP they work on (except for licensed games). So that leaves Nintendo and Microsoft (and a few other publishers).

Good god that's an ugly picture. But I guess I can see it. I also forgot that they don't fund their own games. Is it unheard of to have a company like Insomniac making two console exclusives at the same time for two different consoles?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I wouldn't play LoL with a controller, but they'd be stupid to not support KB/M if this were to happen somehow (doubt it).

If the next Xbox is running on some version of Windows 8 then I don't see why it wouldn't be able to support PC peripherals like USB keyboards and mice.

Y2Kev

Good god that's an ugly picture. But I guess I can see it. I also forgot that they don't fund their own games.

The AAA game industry is in serious crisis mode, IMO. As a whole there is more diversity and more variety than in any recent year, but large independents face constant risk as a result of consolidation. Insomniac is huge, so it is difficult for them to pivot...but they do keep getting work. They usually make quality games, but they're never 90+ on metacritic and they have historically bombed.

Hindle

Banned
Ill be hyped if Insomniac make a game that looked like the original Overstrike trailer or a new 3d character platformer. They do this then I'll be interested in them again.

Xenon

What if MS gave Insomniac Crackdown 3? Ive never been a big fan of the company. Ive always felt like I was going through the motions with their games, not bad but never great or engaging.

Wow, you're being a little harsh there, aren't you? If you look at what released this gen, there was a lot more quality then crap.
Also, Resistance 1 was fucking amazing.

R1 was good, "not amazing".

R2 was crap

Ratchet and Clank series this gen has been good, but still "B" quality.

Never got a chance to play R3 or Fuse, but the latter looks pretty bad.

Like I said, they have the talent to be a competent studio and make AAA games, but I think they're not close right now....and upper management is to blame.

Izick

Seeing Insomniac make a new Crackdown or almost ANY Rare IP would be more than interesting. I'm guessing it'll just be a new IP though.

OrangeOak

I would like to see a new Dead Rising but only if it was developed by the original DR1 team.
VO,cut scenes and music were so good in this game.

Majanew

Banned
R1 was good, "not amazing".

R2 was crap

Ratchet and Clank series this gen has been good, but still "B" quality.

Never got a chance to play R3 or Fuse, but the latter looks pretty bad.

Like I said, they have the talent to be a competent studio and make AAA games, but I think they're not close right now....and upper management is to blame.

Resistance 3 is the best one.

Y2Kev

Why would Insomniac want to work on one of Microsoft's IP? They broke away from Sony because they were not the owners of anything they worked on. You can read Ted's blog where he specifically cites them during their multiplatform announcement. Things would have to be dire for them to reverse course.

Izick

Why would Insomniac want to work on one of Microsoft's IP? They broke away from Sony because they were not the owners of anything they worked on. You can read Ted's blog where he specifically cites them during their multiplatform announcement. Things would have to be dire for them to reverse course.

But you just painted a very dire picture for them a few posts ago.

Y2Kev

I think we'd hear about layoffs or something first. I think they have limited options for AAA development where they keep the IP, but they continue to grow as a studio and opened a third studio not too long ago. There's plenty of precedent for Microsoft working with big independents and letting them keep the IP...like Epic.

Y2Kev

Sony blows ass for sending R3 to die. It's really great. You can tell it is great because I think Totobeni hates it.

TheKayle

Banned
Is there any single player option or is it all PVP?

As for Insomniac, Quest for Booty was one of my favorite downloadable titles this gen. Great value for the money.

u can play cooperative against bots

or just create ur own custom games and play alone against bots...but u will get tired fast...the game is done to play 5 vs 5 or 3vs3 ....

Would it be plausible for Microsoft to requisition a new franchise, and allow Insomniac to keep the rights to it? Now that I think about it, that question is dumb. If MS is simply publishing it ala Mass Effect. I also can't see Microsoft creating a new franchise, only to let it walk away.

edit: you answered it already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom