• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

BFIB

I don't know why, but I am always fascinated with unboxing videos. Even for items I'm not interested in.

BFIB

Me too. I actually go on youtube and just search for "unboxing" and watch whatever comes up. Theres something exciting about it for me.

One of the best was an iPad 1 unboxing. The guy is all excited, and pulls it out of the box....and drops it. He just sits quiet for about 20 seconds, picks it up and the screen is smashed. Video ends, and it is no longer up on youtube.

I felt horrible for the guy, but the comments were classic.

Owzers

No, that's a direct screenshot and is how it looked. Different app/comic maybe?

I was saying on my HP Touchpad 9.7'' screen there are thick borders on the left and right past the comic page edge. I thought the Nexus 7 would also have those borders, but if that's exactly how it looks, then i guess it doesn't. That's definitely a good thing.

SimleuqiR

What I thought about for that image had nothing to do with a Nexus 7 ;)
I would hit that.

Hey there! That's someone's daughter!!
She's adorable.

Aha! Looks like I'm not the only moron who had trouble getting it open!

Are you kidding me?

Wtf

That's just ridiculous.

How quickly you guys forget the Phonedog unboxing I posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39409526&postcount=932

Salaadin

One of the best was an iPad 1 unboxing. The guy is all excited, and pulls it out of the box....and drops it. He just sits quiet for about 20 seconds, picks it up and the screen is smashed. Video ends, and it is no longer up on youtube.

LOL! Why would he even upload it? Thats hilarious.

U2NUMB

I don't know why, but I am always fascinated with unboxing videos. Even for items I'm not interested in.

It is because we known how that feels.. opening something you have been waiting for. It is a rush no matter what it is. That feeling can even be gotten by watching someone else do it.

In other words.. I am the same way.

I was saying on my HP Touchpad 9.7'' screen there are thick borders on the left and right past the comic page edge. I thought the Nexus 7 would also have those borders, but if that's exactly how it looks, then i guess it doesn't. That's definitely a good thing.

Oh right, I missed the touchpad bit.

Yeah, no borders other than what you see in the screenshot. :)

kehs

Banned

I need to see this.

It's cause we're man-children who need instant gratification, an unboxing vid helps to mitigate the anxiety associated with waiting for a product I feel. Especially when I make a significant purchase, I'll find myself scouring the web looking for reviews associated with it so I get an idea of what it's like using it.

And it's 1:20 here, damned UPS driver still has dropped it off :l

BFIB

I need to see this.

I've tried to find it, hoping someone else on youtube would have rehosted it. Last I saw was right before the iPad 2 launch, then shortly after it was removed by user. Hilarious video though.

Now I've jinxed myself and will drop my Nexus 7 tomorrow.

Salaadin

It's cause we're man-children who need instant gratification, an unboxing vid helps to mitigate the anxiety associated with waiting for a product I feel. Especially when I make a significant purchase, I'll find myself scouring the web looking for reviews associated with it so I get an idea of what it's like using it.

Youre absolutely right.

I've tried to find it, hoping someone else on youtube would have rehosted it. Last I saw was right before the iPad 2 launch, then shortly after it was removed by user. Hilarious video though.

Now I've jinxed myself and will drop my Nexus 7 tomorrow.

Its cute how you think your Nexus 7 will get there tomorrow :p

BFIB

It better! I'm only 4 hrs from Louisville, so hopefully it'll be at my local distribution center here in Belleville, IL tonight.

Is it possible to go to the center and pick it up? If so, I might do that today.

Salaadin

It better! I'm only 4 hrs from Louisville, so hopefully it'll be at my local distribution center here in Belleville, IL tonight.

Is it possible to go to the center and pick it up? If so, I might do that today.

I know Fed Ex allows it as long as you bring ID and something showing that you either reside or work at the shipping address for your package. Id call up the distribution center and ask them.

derder

Just canceled my Nexus 7 order... I had put the wrong shipping address when I ordered it and they couldn't change it so they had to retrieve it from UPS.

It sucks because I ordered it 15 minutes after the order page went live and have been obsessing over it for weeks.

What's the best place to get one, today?

Salaadin

Just canceled my Nexus 7 order... I had put the wrong shipping address when I ordered it and they couldn't change it so they had to retrieve it from UPS.

It sucks because I ordered it 15 minutes after the order page went live and have been obsessing over it for weeks.

What's the best place to get one, today?

Id give Sams Club a shot. A lot of people seem to have luck there.

BFIB

Well, just had a mini excitement breakout.

UPS guy comes and knocks on the door. Says he has a package. About the size of the N7. I sign and run in, all excited, tear it open, and its the pocket watches I ordered for my groomsmen for my upcoming wedding.

Regardless they look great. I ordered those Friday and received them already, engraved and all.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour

UPS guy comes and knocks on the door. Says he has a package. About the size of the N7. I sign and run in, all excited, tear it open, and its the pocket watches I ordered for my groomsmen for my upcoming wedding.

Regardless they look great. I ordered those Friday and received them already, engraved and all.

Should have made an unboxing video. ^_^

lol, you're the second person to get faked out by the UPS people on this page

And ugh, hope the driver gets here by 3, this wait is driving me crazy

BFIB

Yeah, I'd be pissed now.

Did you order cases or anything?

Might want to try Office Depot and see if they're available.

Had we known, I would have had no problem ordering and having you guys paypal. I'm only 4 hrs out from Louisville, but this entire experience has been a mess.

Cartman86

Banned
Well I got little to complain about compared to other people, but they did delay my order from today to tomorrow. I guess that would be UPS's fault. Or whoever created a shipping label well before shipping.

th3dude

Well I got little to complain about compared to other people, but they did delay my order from today to tomorrow. I guess that would be UPS's fault. Or whoever created a shipping label well before shipping.

That seems to be the case for most. UPS predicts the initial delivery date based on the label print date, but then updates it once the shipper actually gives them the item.

Blame Google 100%.

SimleuqiR

OhtheCad2.gif

BFIB

Yep, all of this is on Google. UPS can only ship out items as they receive them. Google puts the order in, and receives their shipment number. It is then up to google to have the items relayed to UPS so they can begin shipping. Obviously there was a gap somewhere, but Google has a lot to learn from this launch.

JordanKZ

I feel terrible for you guys. This lack of communication is terrible.

But shit man. I've used a fair few Android devices and this thing blows everthing else away. Its so, so quick. Its actually staggering.

Battery seems solid too, 83% left after around 1 hour 45 use. Also portrait typing is simply bad ass.

th3dude

I feel terrible for you guys. This lack of communication is terrible.

But shit man. I've used a fair few Android devices and this thing blows everthing else away. Its so, so quick. Its actually staggering.

Battery seems solid too, 83% left after around 1 hour 45 use. Also portrait typing is simply bad ass.

Dammit, I'm excited. One more day.

Salaadin

Yeah, I'd be pissed now.

Did you order cases or anything?

Might want to try Office Depot and see if they're available.

Had we known, I would have had no problem ordering and having you guys paypal. I'm only 4 hrs out from Louisville, but this entire experience has been a mess.

I ordered a 16GB on July 6th. No cases or anything else.
The only weird thing I can think of is that my CC didnt like google wallet at first. I called them up, confirmed the charges, resubmit, and everything is fine now. Even got the 2 pre-auth charges.

I was told last week by Google that I couldnt cancel my preorder because it was "preparing shipment". That was on Wednesday.

SuperPac

they talk a lot of shit. If it doesn't happen, there will be a meltdown here of epic proportions.

No cases or anything. Ordered June 28th, a measly 8gb.

Maybe there's something wrong with your CC or address and they haven't called you or contacted you about it? I ordered an 8GB, no other accessories, on July 3rd and mine shipped for arrival tomorrow.

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
I just snagged one of these at the Staples in Napa CA. They had 3 16gb left when I left about 20 minutes ago. If anyone in the north bay is looking, I would call them asap to hold one

Hieberrr

Still nothing. It's really starting to piss me off... I ordered on the 3rd and it seems like everyone that ordered after that has already gotten theirs.

Top Bottom