• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Can Tebow catch?

Hell yeah Tebow can catch. He did play a couple of series at WR last year with Orton if my memory serves me correctly.

Sorry I'm late. Blame iOS and iPhone 5 week.

Anyway.

On the Monday night game. Good win. The Dome was loud as fuck in the first half. Loudest I've heard it since the Green Bay playoff game. Defense came to play. I like what Nolan did. If BVG was still calling the shots, the defense would have play scared the whole night and gotten skinned like fresh wild rabbit. It seemed to me that McGahee was the catalyst that keep the Broncos in the game. Kinda worries me the success they had running the ball on us, but I'm hoping that's mainly a byproduct of us being in nickle most the time. The offense was kinda disappointing, but I think credit needs to be given to the Denver D. It appeared that they were determined not to get beat deep or let our receivers get pass them as they always kept safeties back. Was very surprising at how Peyton played in the 1st qtr. Respectable how he came back from it though.

2-0 and on top of the division right now. I'll take it. :D

Oh and that OP is gold Jerry, gold!

This is a fair assessment.

Dragon

Banned
tumblr_manns4MtXv1rge9rdo1_500.jpg

Dragon

Banned
I agree, 1-15 future!
Then Belicheat will trade away your first round pick for more picks.

Say what you want about belicheat but he's a better drafter than the abortion that is the Carolina Panthers organization. Yeah go ahead and draft four QBs in a draft, and trade a future first rounder for the chance to draft Armanti Edwards.

How often do they play a two TE set? Is it a majority of all their plays?

Yes, their entire O is based on it. That's why they signed all those TEs and just signed Winslow to 'replace' Hernandez. They signed enough TEs to have backups for both Hernandez his role and Gronk his role, because after Gronk got injured last year they found out they need both of them to make it work.

I read though that McDaniels (FIRE MCDANIELS) based the entire offense around Hernandez and his versatility. Losing him forces them to change the entire offense. Might get Welker more involved.

bigosc2k

Banned
NYG @ CAR
Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB@ SEA

My picks

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE - It's time!
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

cajunator

Banned
The Wii U just doesn't excite me in the slightest. I give Nintendo credit for hiring third parties to make new IPs for the system. Mostly because they rarely do anything innovative with their more popular series, like 2D Mario. ZombiU would excite me if I hadn't played a billion other zombie games in the last three years.

Eh. I definitely dont agree with this.
While Nintendo does stick to tried and true IP's, they make tons of changes to gameplay, character designs, themes, music choices, and occasionally even genres. They like to experiment with different elements of gameplay and apply it over several IP's.

Nah. But I just don't get the appeal of playing the 10th version of Mario Kart and the 30th version of 2D Mario. Where are the interesting games?

Lots of games are interesting, even on the wii. What are you referring to here?
Whats interesting to you is probably a game I wouldnt buy in the budget bin. And vice versa.

Dragon

Banned

137565868__1327276150_5037.jpg

Eh. I definitely dont agree with this.
While Nintendo does stick to tried and true IP's, they make tons of changes to gameplay, character designs, themes, music choices, and occasionally even genres. They like to experiment with different elements of gameplay and apply it over several IP's.

Lots of games are interesting, even on the wii. What are you referring to here?
Whats interesting to you is probably a game I wouldnt buy in the budget bin. And vice versa.

I mean we can do list wars but the New Super Mario Bros. series is just an example of the actual dearth of new ideas there. Do you realize if they made a LBP game with Mario controls how much amazingness that'd be?

The only reason I bought the Wii was for Xenoblade Chronicles and now I play that on Dolphin so yeah.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN
NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

Larry Fitz against the niners..maybe another 0 day for him in fantasy :( I have no backup receivers..
? We don't play them until Week 8...

cajunator

Banned
137565868__1327276150_5037.jpg

I mean we can do list wars but the New Super Mario Bros. series is just an example of the actual dearth of new ideas there. Do you realize if they made a LBP game with Mario controls how much amazingness that'd be?

The only reason I bought the Wii was for Xenoblade Chronicles and now I play that on Dolphin so yeah.

You obviously enjoy a different type of gaming that I do. Its not something worth arguing about, especially not in NFLgaf. To be honest I dont think anyones opinion would change in the slightest so its ultimately a wasted argument. Besides, the WiiU sales will determine whether the public accepts it or not.

Xenoblade is a great game. The first RPG I have ever played and Im enjoying it.

jmdajr

Yes, their entire O is based on it. That's why they signed all those TEs and just signed Winslow to 'replace' Hernandez. They signed enough TEs to have backups for both Hernandez his role and Gronk his role, because after Gronk got injured last year they found out they need both of them to make it work.

I read though that McDaniels (FIRE MCDANIELS) based the entire offense around Hernandez and his versatility. Losing him forces them to change the entire offense. Might get Welker more involved.

We'll see. I'm giving him one more week on my team!

Larry Fitz against the niners..maybe another 0 day for him in fantasy :( I have no backup receivers..
Yeh we are playing Philly this week....might try to catch some of the game today, nothing better than pretending to write important emails at work while having gamepass on instead.

Striker

Sounding like J-Stew won't be going tonight...ugh
I wonder if we'll see former Tar Heel Marvin Austin. He was active but didn't get any snaps last week vs. Tampa. I'm still not sure if Carolina goes pass-happy or runs the ball like last week. They're a strange team to predict.

TheFatOne

What is this?! You're supposed to be way more negative than me! Love the avatar btw

Also, don't know why I have this .gif on my computer, but it's pretty awesome.

vikingshitstafford9ubkf.gif
I'm nervous about the game, but the Ravens generally find a way to lose against the Pats. The only thing that worries me is that the Ravens are playing at home. Flacco just doesn't scare me at all, and if the Pats defense is really improved they should win this game even if the offense struggles.

I must have missed that play. Does anyone have a link for the gif?

I'm nervous about the game, but the Ravens generally find a way to lose against the Pats. The only thing that worries me is that the Ravens are playing at home. Flacco just doesn't scare me at all, and if the Pats defense is really improved they should win this game even if the offense struggles.

I must have missed that play. Does anyone have a link for the gif?

It will come done to the D I guess, let's hope Fire McDaniels finds his rhythm and the O starts off well, to silence the crowd a bit. I don't know man.

Also, I think the .gif is from somewhere last season or maybe even the year before that, just found in on my computer and had to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom