• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
:jnc

GsuOH.jpg

qdNIU.jpg

I'm nervous about the game, but the Ravens generally find a way to lose against the Pats. The only thing that worries me is that the Ravens are playing at home. Flacco just doesn't scare me at all, and if the Pats defense is really improved they should win this game even if the offense struggles.

I must have missed that play. Does anyone have a link for the gif?

The opposing QB is not necessarily a factor considering we beat you with Kolb, unless you believe Flacco will be a turnover machine. I think the combination of no Hernandez, Baltimore's D, and them having home advantage gets the Ravens the win. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility for Pats to win, just a lot for them to overcome. Both teams will play mad after losing games they didn't imagine they would before the opening snap last week.

Just dont post anything stupid.
Problem is the definition of stupid varies from person to person and mod to mod.

I think I'm just going to avoid any gay/transgender/religion thread even if I think it's a good idea at the time. Also fuck gaming side, not treading into that clusterfuck.

On football matters fuck Michael Vick. That is all.

cajunator

Banned
Problem is the definition of stupid varies from person to person and mod to mod.

I think I'm just going to avoid any gay/transgender/religion thread even if I think it's a good idea at the time. Also fuck gaming side, not treading into that clusterfuck.

On football matters fuck Michael Vick. That is all.

yeah its best to avoid ALL incendiary threads in OT.
Which is pretty much all of them/

Man, it's constantly on my mind that if we beat the Eagles this weekend, we'll all but certainly end up on a 7-0 run before the Niners. That kind of start has got to give us an excellent shot at the playoffs.

Man, it's constantly on my mind that if we beat the Eagles this weekend, we'll all but certainly end up on a 7-0 run before the Niners. That kind of start has got to give us an excellent shot at the playoffs.
I'm not getting too far ahead of ourselves yet, there were a few teams who started 3-0, 4-0 last year and then shit the bed (we were the opposite) unless our offense one day decides to move the ball I don't know if our D and ST can maintain this level the entire season.

Alot of OT threads seem to ban-bait right now, I wanna nibble but I fear the repurcussions.
Message boards are generally useless for any intelligent discourse.

They're only good for community, i.e.: talking with you fine people, and as an aggregator of news pertinent to your interests.

I'm not getting too far ahead of ourselves yet, there were a few teams who started 3-0, 4-0 last year and then shit the bed (we were the opposite) unless our offense one day decides to move the ball I don't know if our D and ST can maintain this level the entire season.

It's more likely that a team relying on offense sinks than D but I can see an argument where a D wears down from being on the field too much when the O is lackluster. That said, our D was on the field an incredible amount last year, the most in the league I want to say or right there, and they most certainly did not wear down at the end stretch. In any case, we'd really have to play bad to lose the match ups week 4-7 with the possible exception being Buffalo, never know which Bills team will show up week to week.

Nori Chan

Message boards are generally useless for any intelligent discourse.

They're only good for community, i.e.: talking with you fine people, and as an aggregator of news pertinent to your interests.

such colorful characters we have in this football loving community

inb4racist

d[-_-]b

Banned
Um wtf is Priyanka Chopra doing on nfl network?

Is this the night she performs with WillIAm?

no clue, I was like I recognize that woman, I'm like is this some sort of weird joke...

It was like intro to the kickoff program, she was singing In My City?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priyanka_Chopra said:
The first single "In My City"[8] debuted 13 September 2012 on the NFL Network's Thursday Night Football Kick-off match, and the full album is expected in December.
Guess it's the norm for the kickoff program

A few updates:

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Expect Ramses Barden to start for Hakeem Nicks, Jayron Hosley to start at right CB and Prince Amukamara at nickel.

Hosely's work last week must have impressed the coaches. They've been pushing him big time at the nickel position but it's the right choice to start him over Prince on a short week.

On the referee front:

Bob Glauber @BobGlauber

Big hangup in NFL officials situation continues to be pension. Source says officials asking for $38,000 annual pension.

exarkun

So much negative energy emanating from these "good" teams (through their players' mouths) like the bears, packers, eagles, titans, etc.

They need to find a balance that will allow them the best chance of success. Kind of like the falcons. They rev high, but still stay quiet.

d[-_-]b

Banned
A few updates:

Hosely work last week must have impressed the coaches. They've been pushing him big time at the nickel position but it's the right choice to start him over Prince on a short week.

On the referee front:

Hosley looked good, I wasn't impressed with Prince since we've drafted him outside of him getting injured all the time... is he made of glass?

cajunator

Banned
So much negative energy emanating from these "good" teams (through their players' mouths) like the bears, packers, eagles, titans, etc.

They need to find a balance that will allow them the best chance of success. Kind of like the falcons. They rev high, but still stay quiet.

I like that about the Saints too. they keep their mouths shut.
Players dont say stupid things to get the other team fired up. Gregg Williams did but hes obviously a fucking idiot.

squicken

On the referee front:

If I was the union I would wait. They should have other income streams, and unlike players, should have the maturity to have put some of it aside. There's no way something really bad doesn't happen with the current refs. Even the NFL will reach a breaking point when it gets especially ugly

d[-_- said:
b] I wasn't impressed with Prince since we've drafted him outside of him getting injured all the time... is he made of glass?
Check the All-22 of the Packers divisional game with him in man coverage against Jordy Nelson (with K Phil providing help over the top). Dude can play but like you said, he can't stay healthy which sets him back.

Nori Chan

but only one of those teams are 2-0 doe

Adam Caplan @caplannfl

Giants didn't sign WR David Douglas off the practice squad, so they'll only have 4 WRs available tonight.
Thankfully we don't run much in the way of 4 WR sets. Someone else goes down though....

EDIT: Oh and the league gave the coaches/players "what for" for their treatment of the scab refs.

As per Schefer:

September 20, 2012:NFL reached out to the owners, general managers and head coaches of all 32 teams this week to advise them that the type of on-field behavior they witnessed last weekend will not be acceptable this weekend. Coaches such as Denver’s John Fox and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, along with San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh, were spotted berating officials in a way unacceptable to the league office. “We contacted them to remind them that everyone has a responsibility to respect the game,” NFL Executive Vice President Ray Anderson said Thursday night. “We expect it to be adhered to this weekend and forevermore.” The last time the NFL reached out to so many teams on an in-season issue it felt this important was an October weekend in 2010, when there were multiple helmet-to-helmet hits on unsuspecting receivers, including a violent hit from Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson that got him fined $50,000 for hitting Eagles wideout DeSean Jackson. After watching the coaches behavior with replacement referees last weekend, the league determined it was unacceptable and put everyone on notice. Asked what would happen if another coach berated another replacement referee this weekend, Anderson said, “If someone were to make that mistake, he would be flagged on the field and he would be hearing from our office in a very firm way.”

I didn't catch some of the hijinx in that game but what was so different about their behavior in comparison to coaches yelling at the standard refs?

Striker

Thankfully we don't run much in the way of 4 WR sets. Someone else goes down though....
I wonder if Adrien Robinson is active? I doubt it, but if they went in their spread packages they would toss those wideouts in plus Bennett anyhow. I think they're trying to use Wilson in those screen plays, too, as they did with Ware.

effzee

Sucks that the Giants are hurt and holding so many players back. Come next weekend they will be fully rested, healthy, and ready for the Eagles.

No way Eagles win that game :(

exarkun

Anyone know wtf happened to Chris Johnson? Is he really as bad as his stats so far this year

Hes running his mouth faster than how he runs on the field.

Also, there has been alot of dancing in the backfield looking for the homerun play when his line can barely make a hole to get 3 yards.

squicken

EDIT: Oh and the league gave the coaches/players "what for" for their treatment of the scab refs.

As per Schefer:

I didn't catch some of the hijinx in that game but what was so different about their behavior in comparison to coaches yelling at the standard refs?

They've warned Harbs 20 times about his behavior towards the refs but they really mean it this time!

d[-_-]b

Banned
Sucks that the Giants are hurt and holding so many players back. Come next weekend they will be fully rested, healthy, and ready for the Eagles.

No way Eagles win that game :(

lol you're 2-0 :(, with our current cb situation, any game is a challenge :(

justin tryon :(

ccbfan

Quick

Ryan Matthews or DeAngelo Williams.

Who should I start for fantasy.

Williams is playing tonight against giants.

While Matthews is playing Atlanta on Sunday.

effzee

d[-_-]b;42365975 said:
lol you're 2-0 :(, with our current cb situation, any game is a challenge :(

justin tryon :(

2-0 don't mean nothing! Against the Giants, a division rival anything goes. Hell VY won last year!

:(

effzee

Quick

Ryan Matthews or DeAngelo Williams.

Who should I start for fantasy.

Williams is playing tonight against giants.

While Matthews is playing Atlanta on Sunday.

I'd go with Williams. Stewart is most likely out. Mathews is coming back from injury so he might not be his usual self right away.

Tough choice though. Carolina runs enough with other guys that it won't be just Williams.

Cagey

Banned

Dragon

Banned
If David Diehl makes it back into the line-up against Trent Cole or Jason Babin...

picardtnst4.gif

I had two different Giants fans this week in my office give me shit for trashing David Diehl. I blame your general contempt for the guy as reason for explaining why he's shit. "But he's so versatile" they claim. I countered with "sucking at every position doesn't mean he's versatile", they didn't like that much :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom