• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Pretty sure this is wrong. Good QBs don't need their WRs to beat man coverage. They just throw them open with real accurate passes. I read that somewhere
huehuehue

what are you talking about? Of course I would take Luck long term over any of those guys. But he's had a jacked up shoulder, allegedly broken ribs, he clearly cant make all the throws and is making bad decisions on top of it. He is close to leading the league in INTs. We're talking about right now. Not 15 years from now. He sucks right now. They should sit him against the Broncos, give him that game plus the bye week to get healthy. Otherwise that broncos pass rush is going to kill him.
Where did anyone say we were talking about this specific moment in time as opposed to now and going forward? Generally when you say a player sucks it's implied that you don't just mean temporarily. Don't act like I'm crazy for interpreting it that way when that's how it's used 99% of the time a qualifier isn't attached.

If they want more international games then throw one Germany's way, I'm sure that'd sell out easily. If it's got to be in the UK then for fucks sake play it somewhere else. London is an overpriced shithole which I'd rather not visit unless I have to.

squicken

If a team trades for RG3 and he gets hurt in practive, they owe him $16m next year. No one will do that. I am sure he'll have interest in the offseason once WAS cuts him. Still not quite sure why they don't cut him now, unless they think he will fail a physical

Line_HTX

Yes, 1 bad half season of a projected ~15 year career is not enough to say a QB sucks definitively, especially given Luck's previous production, age, skill-set, etc.

You guys act like you'd pick a name out of a hat if given the option of Kaep, Luck, and Hoyer. Give me a break.

Come on, now. He's going backwards right now when he should be great.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
huehuehue

Where did anyone say we were talking about this specific moment in time as opposed to now and going forward? Generally when you say a player sucks it's implied that you don't just mean temporarily. Don't act like I'm crazy for interpreting it that way when that's how it's used 99% of the time a qualifier isn't attached.

i'm sorry I didn't know we had to disclaimer every thing with obvious caveats.
Never mind that you were talking about sample sizes, which generally implies right now, and I said his sample size wasn't too small, he sucks. He sucks right now. That doesn't mean he is going to suck forever.

Come on, now. He's going backwards right now when he should be great.

I don't like to make excuses for QBs, but Luck has an incompetent GM to work around. Even under the worst of Arians Ben never got smashed every game the way Luck has. It's fucking with his timing and is making him skittish in the pocket. Those rib injuries are surely not helping.

Grigson spent time hunting for glory positions when he should have been shoring up the lines.

Line_HTX

If they want more international games then throw one Germany's way, I'm sure that'd sell out easily. If it's got to be in the UK then for fucks sake play it somewhere else. London is an overpriced shithole which I'd rather not visit unless I have to.

Where in Germany would you prefer?

i'm sorry I didn't know we had to disclaimer every thing with obvious caveats.
Never mind that you were talking about sample sizes, which generally implies right now, and I said his sample size wasn't too small, he sucks. He sucks right now. That doesn't mean he is going to suck forever.
So you're saying he sucks right now but he might be amazing in the future. Can't imagine why a thought like that would need a disclaimer.

KingBroly

Banned
If a team trades for RG3 and he gets hurt in practive, they owe him $16m next year. No one will do that. I am sure he'll have interest in the offseason once WAS cuts him. Still not quite sure why they don't cut him now, unless they think he will fail a physical

My understanding is the Redskins would pay him the $16 million, whoever he plays for if he got injured. They've put in him bubble wrap for the time being.

49ers brought back Hayne on the practice squad because their only other options are "guy they replaced him with days ago" and "signed yesterday" Shaun Draughn

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How about just going to 16 international/neutral site games and give every team an extra bye week before them? Just fucking do it already.

Spinluck

Luck is fucked up right now. Mentally and physically, and I think that happens when you're hit as much as he is and have to do as much. The amount of times he's been hit are enough to make people think he's played one more year than he actually has... Not good. I think we still give up on the run way too easily and we have like 40 something games straight with no 100yd rusher even with Gore. Unacceptable.

But after watching his game last night, I definitely think his game is fixable and that he can bounce back at some point. Just doesn't seem like it will happen soon, in regards to the turnovers at least. Say what you want, but he's the reason we lost and also the reason we almost won... He missed so many throws ;__;

Some beat writers said he looked absolutely defeated after the game and barely talked in the locker room last night. Just sat and pondered...

Striker

How about just going to 16 international/neutral site games and give every team an extra bye week before them? Just fucking do it already.
Yeah if they're going to do this whole deal and plan on expanding the games, just do it so every team has to do it.

Basing it around bye weeks is another; they should be doing that with TNF games, too.

Where in Germany would you prefer?

Ze Germans like Dutch and Milch would know better but it'd probably end up in Berlin tbh, Olympic Stadium has a decent capacity and it'd be in a huge city that makes for a good travel destination. I think Frankfurt had more loyal support in the NFL Europe days but I don't know if they have a suitably big stadium.

Luck is fucked up right now. Mentally and physically, and I think that happens when you're hit as much as he is and have to do as much. The amount of times he's been hit are enough to make people think he's played one more year than he actually has... Not good. I think we still give up on the run way too easily and we have like 40 something games straight with no 100yd rusher even with Gore. Unacceptable.

But after watching his game last night, I definitely think his game is fixable and that he can bounce back at some point. Just doesn't seem like it will happen soon, in regards to the turnovers at least. Say what you want, but he's the reason we lost and also the reason we almost won... He missed so many throws ;__;

Some beat writers said he looked absolutely defeated after the game and barely talked in the locker room last night. Just sat and pondered...
Screw the Colts for doing this to our boy... :(

I hope they fix things quickly before his body is reduced to a pile of ashes but it's hard to have faith with Irsay pulling the strings.

Godslay

Banned
Might be late but Broncos offered 1st rounder for Joe Thomas.

Browns wanted Shaq Barrett as well, Broncos said no.

They should have taken the 1st.

Konka

Banned

Come bro, that's obviously not what the endgame is here. A London team is the endgame and they're going to slowly add more and more games to London until that's a reality.

Line_HTX

Ze Germans like Dutch and Milch would know better but it'd probably end up in Berlin tbh, Olympic Stadium has a decent capacity and it'd be in a huge city that makes for a good travel destination. I think Frankfurt had more loyal support in the NFL Europe days but I don't know if they have a suitably big stadium.

Watch it be at the Bayern Munich stadium.

:Jnc

Spinluck

I hope they fix things quickly before his body is reduced to a pile of ashes but it's hard to have faith with Irsay pulling the strings.

They will friend.

It just won't be with Grigson and Pagano.

:') #believe #dolphinsvscoltsAFCfinalist

They probably don't trust themselves to draft a good pick lol

You know, one thing I have to give Irsay credit for is knowing when something isn't working.

Not many owners would have dumped the Polians when he did. He later remarked that Manning should have won more championships and would have with a better built team.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him jettison Grigson. That draft class had "all or nothing" all over it.

Some posters on another board are saying NFL network said Haden and Gipson are on the board too
*lays down

If talks are going on I would think that's just part of back and forth that probably happens in trades. I'm not convinced talks are all off...
Pukes

So no one gonna talk about Ted Ginn blatantly trying to throw the game yesterday?
Brother, he was the Dolphins first round pick in '07 (9th overall!). It takes some blatant flaws for multiple teams to give up on a 1st round WR, especially when they're as fast as Ginn.

2009 season

Ginn started the 2009 season slowly by catching two balls in his first game. Ginn then seemed to have a breakout game against the Indianapolis Colts on September 21, 2009, catching a career high 11 balls for 108 yards. Although a career game, he was criticized for dropping two potential touchdown passes, one in the final minutes of the game. The next two games Ginn dropped several passes and caught only one 4-yard pass and had a 22-yard run. In Week 5 against the rival Jets, Ginn had just two catches, but one was a 53-yard touchdown against to help the Dolphins win. New Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne was hoped to improve Ginn's game. Ginn however continued to struggle in the passing game and was demoted to backup wide receiver after Week 7. Ginn said he was angry and embarrassed about the benching entering Week 8 against the rival New York Jets. Although Ginn caught no passes in the game, he was given full-time kickoff return duties, and took out his frustrations by tying an NFL record with two kickoff returns for touchdowns, one of 100 yards and the second of 101. Those TDs are the only two of that distance in the same game (the previous record was 2 TDs of 97 yards in the same game), and the first time a player returned two kickoffs in the same quarter since 1967. Ginn won special-teams player of the month for his efforts. The next game against New England, Ginn again dropped several passes that included one in the fourth quarter during a last minute potentially game-tying drive. In the week 10 game against Tampa Bay, Ginn had zero catches despite several attempts and was ineffective in the return game. Ginn would finish the year 4th in dropped passes.

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 34s35 seconds ago
To be specific, Browns were asking two 1st-round picks for OT Joe Thomas. They won't get that.

K5CqvsI.gif

BG is furyously signing the online petition over and over, he is PIST OFF

If the Browns can get a 1st and 3rd or so for Thomas I think they should do it. This team isn't going anywhere in the next few years, might as well stock up for the rebuild.

rando14

hello, rando, I hope your day is going well

Hello Greg, it is a little stressful around here (I have 23 lectures to study for my next cardiology test!!) but overall I am blessed :)

Hopefully you're able to get some tennis in before the weather starts to really turn!!

EDIT: BG I am sorry, I watched Hotline Bling a few times this morning, it got my Testosterone levels really high......

Greg

Hello Greg, it is a little stressful around here (I have 23 lectures to study for my next cardiology test!!) but overall I am blessed :)

Hopefully you're able to get some tennis in before the weather starts to really turn!!

EDIT: BG I am sorry, I watched Hotline Bling a few times this morning, it got my Testosterone levels really high......
you're going to ace your test

I BELIEVE!

Top Bottom