• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The three hours are up.

The Rams pick sis now a consensus GAF pick. We have 1 hour for that to happen.
If consensus is clear before that, the pick will be made and we'll move on.

Proceed to make your choice GAF and whomever has the best write-up it will get used. Thanks!

For me:

Caron Wentz - The whole "Who will they pick" nonsense is pure smokescreen. You don't give away what they did without knowing who the pick is. I believe its Carson Wentz. Higher ceiling but more effort needed to get it out of him. I believe this is Fisher's pick.

MechDX

Rams will take Goff. More ready to start sooner then Wentz and is also a PR dream to sell PSLs in that new stadium. California kid staying home.

cashman

Banned
If the Rams were going to spend so much to trade up, then they would have to know who they were gonna pick. All the reports I read said they really liked Wentz, so that's what I'm going with.

Fox318

feCuwsx.gif

rando14

I'm pretty sure I've snapped my face before. Guys in Shirtless draft have definitely seen me

I need to be like Gregory and Deutsch and find out how to manipulate the filters tho

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wentz probably has a higher upside, Goff more ready to play immediately (although I wouldn't start either).

Duxxy3

The three hours are up.

The Rams pick sis now a consensus GAF pick. We have 1 hour for that to happen.
If consensus is clear before that, the pick will be made and we'll move on.

Proceed to make your choice GAF and whomever has the best write-up it will get used. Thanks!

For me:

Caron Wentz - The whole "Who will they pick" nonsense is pure smokescreen. You don't give away what they did without knowing who the pick is. I believe its Carson Wentz. Higher ceiling but more effort needed to get it out of him. I believe this is Fisher's pick.

Yeah I'll go with Carson Wentz as well.

Farooq

Banned
I tend to think Wentz is the pick as well. It was reported that the Rams had to sweeten their deal with Titans fearing the Eagles might trade up. Reports are that the Eagles liked Wentz. Regardless if that was a smokescreen by the Eagles, all that matters is if the Rams felt that report had a chance of being true.

cdyhybrid

I tend to think Wentz is the pick as well. It was reported that the Rams had to sweeten their deal with Titans fearing the Eagles might trade up. Reports are that the Eagles liked Wentz. Regardless if that was a smokescreen by the Eagles, all that matters is if the Rams felt that report had a chance of being true.
Yep. Initial reports before the smokescreens are what convinced me. Either way, let's just flip a coin :jnc

I have Goff at 5 and Wentz at 7, keep votes coming in.

Also SkLA, what are you thinking for 13??

Unless a supposed top 5 pick somehow falls to them, I'm thinking the Dolphins are gonna pick a corner. I honestly don't see them taking a guard or defensive end and I personally don't think any of the Linebackers are worth taking in the first round.

As for which corner, Hargreaves, Jackson III or Eli Apple. Haven't fully decided which one yet.

squicken

This is my logic as well. I vote Wentz

Unless a supposed top 5 pick somehow falls to them, I'm thinking the Dolphins are gonna pick a corner. I honestly don't see them taking a guard or defensive end and I personally don't think any of the Linebackers are worth taking in the first round.

As for which corner, Hargreaves, Jackson III or Eli Apple. Haven't fully decided which one yet.

Ok cool we narrowed it down to those three at least, for an emergency pick I think we should go with Lawson at DE in case all those CBs are gone (I doubt it but just in case)

Edit: It's 12 to 7 and the hour is just about up so I think we'll have to call it for Wentz, who's doing the write up?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Crazy how there hasn't been a leak yet for what the pick is going to be. Even NFL execs are divided!

I don't think a Cal kid is enough to put butts in the seats in LA. If it were USC that might be different. So rather than playing the hometown choice I think they go with Wentz.

Ok cool we narrowed it down to those three at least, for an emergency pick I think we should go with Lawson at DE in case all those CBs are gone (I doubt it but just in case)

Edit: It's 12 to 7 and the hour is just about up so I think we'll have to call it for Wentz, who's doing the write up?

Don't wanna throw more into the hat, but there's always ezekiel elliot too for the RB position. If he somehow falls to us, I think he's worth considering at the least.

Hindl

Crazy how there hasn't been a leak yet for what the pick is going to be. Even NFL execs are divided!

I don't think a Cal kid is enough to put butts in the seats in LA. If it were USC that might be different. So rather than playing the hometown choice I think they go with Wentz.

My thought too. Wentz has the confidence and persona to be the new face of the franchise if he pans out. Feel like he'd be a bigger initial draw than Goff

Don't wanna throw more into the hat, but there's always ezekiel elliot too for the RB position. If he somehow falls to us, I think he's worth considering at the least.

I hope he doesn't fall but yeah if we are going by what Miami might do I'm hearing Eliot and Hargreaves are both at the top if he's there they might take him.

I guess we can make it official, I did a quick write up but if someone has something better we can use that:

With the First Pick of the 2016 NFL Draft The Los Angeles Rams Select:

Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State

Wentz has the size and strengths that NFL teams look for in a QB, he's got a big arm and he's athletic too. However on the field he's got a lot of work to do, He's got very sloppy footwork and he'd succeed in an offense that would limit his throws to the short/Intermediate routes, at least until he works on his deep ball accuracy. Surrounded by a strong run game that features Gurly and a good defense might be enough to help Wentz learn on the job.

My thought too. Wentz has the confidence and persona to be the new face of the franchise if he pans out. Feel like he'd be a bigger initial draw than Goff

If they throw Wentz out there week 1 it's going to be a disaster. Dude needs a few years on the bench to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

Top Bottom