• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nice to see the Jets get Stacy there. Betting on the Rams OL being garbage (it is). Prefer Stacy over any rookie there, smart move.

RBH

The Atlanta Falcons have come through for Clemson defensive tackle Grady Jarrett not once, but twice.

Less than 24 hours after a portion of his home in Conyers, Georgia, caught fire, Jarrett was drafted in the fifth round of the NFL draft by the Falcons on Saturday. Then the Falcons quickly went into help mode, as owner Arthur Blank ordered the team's staff to help Jarrett purchase some clothes, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

"When I talked to them, they said whatever I need, they'll help me out," Jarrett said of the Falcons' assistance. "It's just a blessing."

Said Falcons coach Dan Quinn: "We couldn't be more thrilled that Grady's with us. And now that we're able to be so close to go and help him and his family, we couldn't wait to get up there and be around them and offer our support and help."

Jarrett, who said 30 to 40 people were in the house, said nobody was hurt when the fire broke out upstairs while people were watching the second round of the draft on Friday night. He said the game room, which is located over the garage, suffered the most damage.

"It was just a really unfortunate situation," Jarrett said. "... We were just watching the draft and smelled something a little funny. We went to the kitchen and nothing was going on in there. And some people came running down from upstairs. The fire had already started, man, on the wall; too much for water to put out, the fire extinguisher to put out.

"We just couldn't do nothing but get everybody out the house and pray for the best. That section of the house is just really, really messed up. The key things lost were just a lot of my trophies and accolades, stuff like that. ... The most important thing was having everybody out. We have good insurance. We should be OK."

The house is owned by his mother, Elisha Jarrett.

Jarrett said an investigation into how the fire started was still pending. As of Saturday afternoon, he said he was at his cousin's house but that he and his mother had yet to figure out where they would stay in the interim.

Jarrett is the son of former Falcon star Jessie Tuggle, a five-time Pro Bowl linebacker. Tuggle held up a card and announced his son's drafting during a Falcons draft party at the College Football Hall of Fame.

The Falcons swapped fifth-round picks with the Minnesota Vikings and also gave up their sixth-round pick to move up and select Jarrett, who will be joining Clemson teammate Vic Beasley with the Falcons.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/st...ta-falcons-draft-pick-loses-portion-home-fire

Link

The Autumn Wind
True, but Stacy is just too good to pass up for a 7th rd pick if he can get back to his 2013 form. Dude had almost 1K yds then.
Oh, no doubt. I have no problem with the trade. For a 7th round pick? That's a no-brainer.

hydruxo

Really great to see Justin Hardy from my alma mater East Carolina got drafted by the Falcons!

As a Panthers fan it kinda stings but having watched this guy play in college, he's extremely underrated and should do really well in the league. He went from a walk on to three straight 1000 yd seasons + set the FBS record for receptions with 387. So if there's any FalconsGAF on here, you guys got a steal.

RBH

Really great to see Justin Hardy from my alma mater East Carolina got drafted by the Falcons!

As a Panthers fan it kinda stings but having watched this guy play in college, he's extremely underrated and should do really well in the league. He went from a walk on to three straight 1000 yd seasons + set the FBS record for receptions with 387. So if there's any FalconsGAF on here, you guys got a steal.
I'm excited to see how he does. Reading up on his back story, he seems incredibly driven.

Wes

venison crêpe
We love Cornerbacks, but seems like a good pick at this point.

I really like this draft. All high character guys. Stout defence and run game. Best possible set up for Manziel to have any hope of improving. If not, then it's an ideal situation for going QB 1 and WR 2 next year.

TheFatOne

No complaints for the Pats draft so far. Drafting positions of need on defense on offensive line. Really excited to see the front seven for the Pats this upcoming season. Sucks that they lost Revis, but the defense can still be solid if the front seven improves.

DMczaf

CEA0KloVAAEFe_Q.jpg:large

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After reading up really like that last pick by the Browns.

If that CB can get healthy could be a huge steal.

No complaints for the Pats draft so far. Drafting positions of need on defense on offensive line. Really excited to see the front seven for the Pats this upcoming season. Sucks that they lost Revis, but the defense can still be solid if the front seven improves.

Corner drafted. Revis loss fixed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Two OL's and now a blocking TE. Clearly the Cowboys have more belief in their line than any RBs

Do Cowboys fans really think they can literally plug anyone behind their line and things will be fine? Because Darren McFadden has been complete garbage for years.

Duxxy3

Corner drafted. Revis loss fixed.

I am hoping they give the new DE's a chance. Everyone loves Ninkovich but he's not somebody that applies consistent pressure. Also need to give Ninko and Chandler some snaps off. I know they can go a full game, but by the end those two are slowing down.

Right now the have the personnel for a very good front seven. They have the pass rushers and run defenders. Now the coaching staff needs to make it work.

Farooq

Banned
Two OL's and now a blocking TE. Clearly the Cowboys have more belief in their line than any RBs

How do you feel about the draft overall?

I think they did alright. Obviously it would be silly to make a definitive statement, but I am pretty satisfied with how they conducted themselves and how they drafted. Team addressed their needs while staying true to their board, and rounded out their roster on day 3.

Do Cowboys fans really think they can literally plug anyone behind their line and things will be fine? Because Darren McFadden has been complete garbage for years.

Well good thing Darren McFadden isn't the only back on the roster.

The 7th round pick the Jets traded to STL was gained from Brandon Marshall deal. So the Jets got Brandon Marshall and Zac Stacy with their fifth round pick.

Afrikan

we reached on all of the picks.

compared to Baalke's previous years where we got good value of best players available falling to us.

I don't think we are in a situation to reach like that.

I don't trust Wilhoite to tackle consistently.

and I wanted a true burner to take the top off a defense, to back up Torrey Smith.

Seattle continues to add Speed... Pittsburgh continues to add speed. We on the other hand are drafting backup TEs to our Back up TEs....and Punters in the 5th round.

I do like the Smelter pick, but he isn't playing this year.

Wait.....we just drafted another TE to back up our new drafted Backup TEs...who will back up our backup TEs.

Can't wait till the season starts! deepest TE depth in NFL History.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom