• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Fjordson

Niners making a final push for Gase tonight per one of the insiders I forget who.
Just saw that pop up on my phone as well. According to NFL Network apparently.

Haven't been following the process closely, but I'm not sure why we shouldn't just promote Fangio.

zychi

Banned
Lombardi says he doesnt know if Gase is gone.

Why say entire staff, if you don't know if its the entire staff.

God I hate NFL "insiders"

RBH

What's the endgame here for Elway?

Who is out there that he will give the reigns to for rebuilding this team?

tebowx-large.jpg

JCizzle

Just saw that pop up on my phone as well. According to NFL Network apparently.

Haven't been following the process closely, but I'm not sure why we shouldn't just promote Fangio.

We haven't had a top ten offense since TO was on the team! I love Fangio, but they gotta fix that shit at some point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
cough....cough....

I know you're saying Kubiak but if they're so close it'd seem really odd for Kubiak to say he's staying put and then bolt a few days later.

If they are so close I'm sure he'd know ahead of time this was a possibility.

squicken

What's the endgame here for Elway?

Who is out there that he will give the reigns to for rebuilding this team?

Elway is in charge of building the team. If any team hires someone out of left field, I'd bet on Denver. Young coach/college coach we wouldn't expect

Duxxy3

I know you're saying Kubiak but if they're so close it'd seem really odd for Kubiak to say he's staying put and then bolt a few days later.

A few days ago this job opening did not exist. I don't think anybody would blame Kubiak if he bolts.

MechDX

Kubiaks M.O. is not to discuss any position player or coach when they are under contract. He said that here numerous times. he did not want to even be rumored for this position until Fox was officially gone and the rumors would have started immediately.

Fjordson

We haven't had a top ten offense since TO was on the team! I love Fangio, but they gotta fix that shit at some point.
Will Fangio stay on as DC if we bring in someone else as HC? I guess that would be the best of both worlds, new offensive coach + keep Fangio.

Finally Elway does something right with the team. Hopefully he can find a coach whose biggest claim to fame isn't getting destroyed in Super Bowls.

JCizzle

Will Fangio stay on as DC if we bring in an offensive guy as HC? I guess that would be the best of both worlds.

It's a tough call for him I think. Probably will feel a bit disrespected, but he's also on contract next year and will be the highest paid coordinator (at least DC, not sure about OC) in the league.

Look my idea of Kubiak is just a gues but based on facts that are easily available to find.

So are reasons why he should stay. And based on facts that are easily available to find, there were people saying Fox was absolutely staying. So maybe hold off on the strongly-assumed guesses during the most chaotic offseason in years.

Fjordson

It's a tough call for him I think. Probably will feel a bit disrespected, but he's also on contract next year and will be the highest paid coordinator (at least DC, not sure about OC) in the league.
Interesting. Well really hope he stays, though I wouldn't blame him for him leaving. The guy has done a great job here. What he did with our D this year despite all the off field problems and injuries was impressive.

MechDX

So are reasons why he should stay. And based on facts that are easily available to find, there were people saying Fox was absolutely staying. So maybe hold off on the strongly-assumed guesses during the most chaotic offseason in years.

Kubiak don't show it openly but he has a huge ego and doesn't want to be an OC. He wants to control everything on a team. That is starting to slowly come to light here now that he has been gone a full year

Hunter S.

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 28s29 seconds ago

#Broncos included John Fox's postseason record in their press release (3-4, .429), which tells you all you need to know.

Crisco

Banned
MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 28s29 seconds ago

#Broncos included John Fox's postseason record in their press release (3-4, .429), which tells you all you need to know.

That can't be true. He won 3 the year we went the Super Bowl, and 2 more in 2005.

Oh nm, just in Denver. lol I completely forgot he won a playoff game with Tebow. Dude does deserve credit for that!

Top Bottom