• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Hunter S.

Okay, so I am done with this topic until more news is through.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos and Head Coach John Fox have mutually agreed to part ways, the team announced Monday.

Fox, the 14th head coach in Broncos franchise history, and the team parted ways after a loss in the Broncos' opening playoff game on Sunday. He finished his tenure in Denver with four consecutive division titles on a 46-18 regular-season record with a 49-22 overall record with the Broncos.

STATEMENT FROM JOHN ELWAY

“John Fox and I met for more than an hour on Monday afternoon to discuss the 2014 season and our goals for the future. During our open and candid conversation, it became clear that it was best for both the Denver Broncos and Coach Fox to move on and make this change.

“On behalf of the Broncos, I sincerely thank John for his many contributions during his four seasons as head coach. He helped establish a positive, winning culture for this team and deserves a lot of credit for the Broncos’ turnaround.

“While we have made significant progress under Coach Fox, there is still work to be done. I believe this change at the head coaching position will be in the best interest of our long-term goal, which from day one has been to win World Championships.

“Our organization is fully dedicated to reaching Pat Bowlen’s high standards for his team as we begin the process of finding the next head coach to lead the Denver Broncos.”

STATEMENT FROM JOHN FOX

“I had a productive visit with John Elway this afternoon in which we were both very honest about our time together and how to best move forward. After this discussion, John and I mutually agreed that the timing was right for this decision.

“Although we came up short of our ultimate goal, I am proud of our team’s many accomplishments during these last four years. I truly appreciate all of the hard work put in by every player, coach and staff member within this organization.

“It was an honor to coach the Denver Broncos, a first-class franchise with great fans and a winning tradition. I am thankful to John, Mr. Bowlen and Joe Ellis for allowing me and my family to be part of this team and community.

“I am eager to continue my coaching career and look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead.”
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-4e079ad8418d

Fox318

6iBaBZx.png

cdyhybrid

Not really. If they guarantee him a front office position after he plays he'd probably take it. You underestimate how large sums of cash and surpassing Favre will motivate him.

He's not gonna pass Favre if he goes to a shitty team though :p (note: I don't know how far behind he is, so I could be talking out of my ass)

Would be strictly a money thing. I know he loves his endorsement deals and the money that comes with them, but he said he would retire if he felt he couldn't do it anymore. Guess we'll see if that's true.

Bowser

The Panthers will host CFL WR Duron Carter for a free agent visit on Wednesday.

The Panthers join the Vikings, Colts, Chiefs, Buccaneers, and 49ers as teams showing interest in Cris Carter's son. Duron hopes to sign a reserve/future deal with a signing bonus in the $100,000 range. He turns 24 in March. Carolina would be an excellent landing spot both for the player and team. Carter could immediately battle for playing time opposite Kelvin Benjamin.

Sign him up, he's gotta be better than Brenton Bersin!

Nameless

Sucks I can't even enjoy Greg Roman's departure since it took getting rid of Harbs for it to happen and given we're probably going to replace him with Kyle fucking Shanahan.

Bowser

Who gets cut first, Bersin or Bell?

Bell's a UFA, we don't do anything with him.

Rumors that the Panthers may be looking at Brandon Tate as a possible replacement for Bersin (#4 WR and returner). I'm all for it, he's leagues better than Bersin and would be cheap (last two offseasons he's signed a 1-year, $1m contract).

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 11m11 minutes ago

Chip Kelly on ESPN RE: Marcus Mariota: "He might be the fastest guy on the field. But his mind is even faster...thinks like Peyton Manning"

Think Chip wants him?

Vic Tafur retweeted
Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 2m2 minutes ago

"Elway had issues over the past four years with the way the team was prepared and its mental toughness." http://dpo.st/17BEvOe

watershed

Banned
Even though he had the rumblings yesterday, I'm kind of surprised the Broncos parted ways with John Fox. Seahawks Dan Quinn would be a great get for the Broncos. Defensive minded winner. Fox is gonna get another gig, I bet he just jumped to the top of a lot of lists.

gutshot

I wish Chip Kelly would get him so we could see the both of them flame out miserably.

Flame out? Chip has won 10 games each of the past 2 seasons with a combination of Michael Vick, Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. What do you think he could do with a young, athletic, and talented QB who has already mastered his system?

Mookie Alexander @mookiealexander
@BestGuyAround @FieldGulls RG3 tore his knee and Washington is 7-25 since then. Atlanta is 10-22. They both fired their playoff coach.

Danny Kelly @FieldGulls
the three teams the Seahawks beat on the way to the Super Bowl win last year are all now in a state of disarray

Zach Whitman @zjwhitman
4 of the 5 coaches Seattle faced in the 2012 and 2013 playoffs have now been fired: Mike Shanahan, Mike Smith, Jim Harbaugh, and John Fox.

So the Panthers are fucked

RBH

NFL teams averaged a 28.2 local rating in their respective home markets during the ’14 regular season, down slightly from ’13, but still above figures from ’12 and ’11.

The Packers led all teams with a 45.2 local rating in Milwaukee (+5%), taking back the top spot from the Saints. A disappointing season on the field for the Saints led to an 18% year-over-year drop for local ratings in New Orleans. The Seahawks ranked No. 3 following their Super Bowl win with a 42.3 rating in the Seattle-Tacoma market, up 10% from ’13. The club also is seeing a 94% increase from just three years ago.

The Cardinals saw the biggest year-over-year increase in local ratings among all NFL teams. The team drew a 27.5 local rating in Phoenix for its games, up 28% from last season and up 43% from three seasons ago. Other NFL teams seeing strong gains from last year were the Browns (+19%), Bills (+18%), Jaguars (+13%) and Chargers (+10%). While the Broncos were down 5% from ’13, the team’s figure is still up 31% from the season before QB Peyton Manning arrived in Denver.

The Saints' drop in local ratings was the sharpest among all teams in ’14. The Titans also continued to lose audience in the Nashville market, as ratings were down 17% compared to ’13 and down 25% compared to three seasons ago. Also seeing sharp drops were the Chiefs (-16%), Redskins (-15%), Bears (-13%) and Panthers (-10%). Both N.Y. clubs' ratings are also down. The Giants and Jets were both down 9% in ’14. The Giants also were down 23% from three seasons ago, while the Jets during that period were down 27%.

The Raiders had the lowest local rating among all NFL clubs for at least the fourth straight season.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/01/09/Media/NFL-local.aspx

JN3x1S8.png

Jarnet87

Flame out? Chip has won 10 games each of the past 2 seasons with a combination of Michael Vick, Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. What do you think he could do with a young, athletic, and talented QB who has already mastered his system?

the same thing he's done the past 2 years. Either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round.

rando14

@BestGuyAround @FieldGulls RG3 tore his knee and Washington is 7-25 since then. Atlanta is 10-22. They both fired their playoff coach.

Danny Kelly @FieldGulls
the three teams the Seahawks beat on the way to the Super Bowl win last year are all now in a state of disarray

Zach Whitman @zjwhitman
4 of the 5 coaches Seattle faced in the 2012 and 2013 playoffs have now been fired: Mike Shanahan, Mike Smith, Jim Harbaugh, and John Fox.

It's for your own good, Grover.

watershed

Banned

Danny Kelly @FieldGulls

Zach Whitman @zjwhitman

Basically the Seahawks wreck teams. Didn't every team the Seahawks beat this season lose their following game or something like that?

Top Bottom