• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

jbug617

Banned
So the Falcons going to be assed out for coaches? Rex went to Bills, Fox probably to Bears, Broncos like Quinn and the Jets like Bowles.

j-wood

I would absolutely take Schwartz as a DC. He wasn't great as a head coach but look at the defensive's he's crafted.

When he was with us at Tennessee, we had a top 5 defense. Then look at what he did with the bills this year. He's a good DC.

Keith Butler named Steelers DC.

Schwartz is very much like Fewell in a lot of ways, lots of coverage, split safety coverage in particular, rarely blitzes. No idea what Peppers would do.
Meh. Like I said, never been a big fan. Even when he was with the Titans.

I'd prefer an unknown like Pepper. Though as expected.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 19m19 minutes ago
I'm told Steve Spagnuolo will interview with the #Giants for their defensive coordinator job this week, as anticipated. #NYG #SpagsWatch

MechDX

Seriously?

Yes. What is Manning? 2 year starter at best?

Mallett has a bigger upside for the future than noodle arm. Laugh all you want but I really believe Mallett can shine in this offense. he wont be a tier one QB (Rodgers, Brady) but he will be firmly in tier 2 (Ben, Russell)

No team should mortgage their future in a declining vet like Peyton

BigAT

Mallett has a bigger upside for the future than noodle arm. Laugh all you want but I really believe Mallett can shine in this offense. he wont be a tier one QB (Rodgers, Brady) but he will be firmly in tier 2 (Ben, Russell)

You really need to remember to end your joke posts with :kas. Otherwise someone might take you seriously.

MechDX

You really need to remember to end your joke posts with :kas. Otherwise someone might take you seriously.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...fl-future-up-in-the-air-after-humbling-defeat

And just so you know, your eyes weren't deceiving you. A string of text messages from guys paid to evaluate football players confirmed what we could all vividly see in the Denver Broncos' season-ending loss: Manning's body can no longer cash the checks his mind is so incredibly capable of writing.

From an AFC executive: "Saw a lack of velocity, declining arm strength. No juice or zip on throws. Shelf life."

One NFC scout said: "It's sad watching him, even more sad how Denver treated one of the greatest. Arm looks shot, sad seeing him look like that, knowing how big a competitor he is."

An AFC scout: "Missed deep ball, routine throws were getting knocked down because he couldn't drive the ball, timing was off. Never looked like he could get in a routine. He couldn't dictate the game like normal because he just couldn't make the throws that needed to be made."

And an NFC exec: "Terrible overthrows and incompletions. He may be hurt."

And when asked if they thought this was it, the NFC exec said, "Just look at his last five weeks," while the AFC exec opined that the Broncos know it is: "My suspicions are we saw the spike in their rushing offense (over the second half of the season) to help him."

If Mallett is not the future it costs us minimal to find out. With Manning it will cost what? $18 million a year? Fuck that

BigAT

The way Ron Rivera is talking it sounds like OC Mike Shula and ST coach Richard Rodgers will both be back even though one of them oversaw one of the worst special teams units in football and the other thought making Brenton Bersin the number one option against the best secondary in football in a playoff game was a good idea.

Goddamnit Ron

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

tier 2? Mech pls.

More like tier 3 (Ryan, Dalton)

Which despite saying that is really all Houston needs to make the playoffs and compete for the division crown. I'll be fair and say I've only seen Mallett that one game but I see Ben push my team into the bathroom stall on a regular basis and there is no way Mallett after 2-3 starts can instantly be anywhere close to what Ben is.

MechDX

Your points on Manning, especially not giving up anything to acquire him, are fair. But saying Mallett will firmly be a tier 2 quarterback and as good as Ben or Wilson is ridiculous considering he hasn't actually done anything in the league yet.
Opinions. Not much else out there to work with. He knows the system and in his small sample size he looked pretty damn good running it. Cant count the bengals game (IMO) since he played it with a mild tear in his pec and completely tore it during the game. O'Brien is a hell of a coach and can work with him

I don't believe in doing what the Racists did and mortgage future drafts for a QB. Especially with this drafts QB class

Niners...

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 11m11 minutes ago
Broncos should be prepared for possibility Gase takes 49ers job by end of meeting. 49ers source says team is serious; knows Elway on deck.

Also, Dennis Allen joins the Giants D-Coordinator search:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 2m2 minutes ago
Ex-Raiders coach Dennis Allen expected to talk to Giants about D-coordinator opening

Bread

Banned

dude

give me a break

ShaneB

You've got a bigger hard on for Mallet than Kas does for Stafford.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Big Ben is elite imo. Wish we could manage to get him. He would be perfect.

Mrbob

So the Falcons going to be assed out for coaches? Rex went to Bills, Fox probably to Bears, Broncos like Quinn and the Jets like Bowles.
Doug Marrone? Crazy how it seems he overplayed his hand. Opted out of contract and now no one wants him.

Keep fighting the good fight

squicken

Mallett is so slow. Like slow getting from under center to handing the ball off. I'd still take Fitzy over the other two to start next season

Draxal

Was listening to Joe and Evan and Bob Glauber from Newsday seemed interestingly confident it'll Schwartz. Or at the very least it'll be between him and Spags but he said Schwartz first.

Dottino and Eisen are the only two reporters that matter for covering the Giants.

edit. On spags, yes I thhink he's the frontrunner, but I thought Sullivan was the front runner last year as well.

Was listening to Joe and Evan and Bob Glauber from Newsday seemed interestingly confident it'll Schwartz. Or at the very least it'll be between him and Spags but he said Schwartz first.
I just saw something about Schwartz not even being on Coughlin's short list.;)

Also:

Art Stapleton þ@art_stapleton 4m4 minutes ago
And while it may seem to make sense for Jim Schwartz to enter Giants DC mix, those dots are not connecting as of yet from what I'm hearing.

Dottino and Eisen are the only two reporters that matter for covering the Giants.
Even though he's national now, Garafolo's worth adding to the list. Still has plenty of sources in the organization.

Is it wrong that I'm kind of liking the idea of Pepper Johnson? Not just because he was a Giant but because he's an unknown and I find that appealing and frightening at the same time. At least it would be different. The idea of Spags 2.0 just doesn't excite me. At least he'd be aggressive I suppose...

DMczaf

The way Ron Rivera is talking it sounds like OC Mike Shula and ST coach Richard Rodgers will both be back even though one of them oversaw one of the worst special teams units in football and the other thought making Brenton Bersin the number one option against the best secondary in football in a playoff game was a good idea.

Goddamnit Ron

Well they made the playoffs and made it to the Divisional round. You can't disagree with the results.

:)

Draxal

I just saw something about Schwartz not even being on Coughlin's short list.;)

Also:

Even though he's national now, Garafolo's worth adding to the list. Still has plenty of sources in the organization.

Is it wrong that I'm kind of liking the idea of Pepper Johnson? Not just because he was a Giant but because he's an unknown and I find that appealing and frightening at the same time. At least it would be different. The idea of Spags 2.0 just doesn't excite me. At least he'd be aggressive I suppose...

With Pepper, why did Belicheck pass him up over and over again and why hasn't he goten a dc job yet. Spags was wanted by Minnesota, but they had Jimmy Johnson's health issue so they blocked that. That's my concern about Pepper.

I do think it's a two horse race between Pepper and Spags, but I haven't been batting that high with the Giants coaching hires/draft picks recently.

As for Garafolo, he has even better insight than the other two, and he doesn't make sup shit like Jordan Ranaan; but those two are the mouthpieces.

Bowser

Well they made the playoffs and made it to the Divisional round. You can't disagree with the results.

Your top 3 QB options for next season:

i

mariota11.jpg

ducksdagger.0.gif

Hunter S.

Fail, desperate post.

Top Bottom