• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd like to think the ass kicking from Miami in Week 1 started the downward spiral. Now we just need to get our shit together and take over. But that won't happen :( So 10 years of prosperity in buffalo is upon us.

The words "prosperity" and "buffalo" do not go well together.

Bowser

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6m6 minutes ago
My guess on Brady suspension: Four games for the violation, plus something more for the refusal to fully cooperate with the investigation.

lol that would be delicious

Colasante

Ugh, Brandon Marshall was almost traded to the Patriots last season. That would have been nice. Didn't need him to win the Super Bowl, but that still would've been nice.

Spinluck

Jimmy about to pull a Brady on Brady (Brady being Bledsoe in this situation).

Let's hope it doesn't end with them in the SB though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fire up the jersey.

Pettine says it's pretty safe to say Josh Mccown is the favourite to be the starter for game 1.

lol that would be delicious

There is absolutely no way Brady gets suspended for 4 games. I'd be surprised at any kind of suspension. It's going to be a fine and the loss of a mid round pick.

I just can't see how they can come down hard on the Pats for something that can't be definitively proven and was partially caused by their own inept refs.

Tom Penny

There is absolutely no way Brady gets suspended for 4 games. I'd be surprised at any kind of suspension. It's going to be a fine and the loss of a mid round pick.

I just can't see how they can come down hard on the Pats for something that can't be definitively proven and was partially caused by their own inept refs.

He's getting anywhere from 1-8 games. I'm just glad they don't have a backup up like Manziel at the helm..

Fire up the jersey.

Pettine says it's pretty safe to say Josh Mccown is the favourite to be the starter for game 1.

This is where the comeback portion of the JFF 30 for 30 story I'm writing begins
Jason Gibbs ‏ @ BGSUGibbs 30m 30 minutes ago
# Browns HC Mike Pettine: Josh McCown will get starter reps because of experience. We want Manziel with horse blinders on & focused on self.

He's getting anywhere from 1-8 games. I'm just glad they don't have a backup up like Manziel at the helm..

Honestly, if they don't ban him from ever playing again I will boycott the league.

"Could the NFL suspend Tom Brady indefinitely until he provides his cell phone?" - @ProFootballTalk

Looks like this guy has the same idea as me. Although I question the legality of forcing an employee to provide his personal cell phone records.

Colasante

Jimmy's coming.

JointDisastrousConch.gif

Spinluck

Too funny you linked this video, given that Jermaine Stewart has a well known Magic Johnson rumor that you can read in the comments to that video

I love how people confuse this for a happy, upbeat song about self-respect and restraint; it isn't. This song is about the fear that gay men (like Stewart) had in the 80s over the spread of HIV. Ultimately Jermaine Stewart died of AIDS in the 90s so this song is actually pretty sad and ironic.

Fuck.

MechDX

Pettine on Brady: We'lI see how it plays out. I always had a lot of respect for him, but also I lose a lot of respect for people who cheat."--Twitter

Pettine going all in.

Teriyaki

Suspending Brady for the regular season is meh. Just suspend him for postseason games. Like college teams being banned from bowls or the tourney, it would be much more effective.

MechDX

The salt levels in this thread are rising ....

"You mean to tell me the most meticulous coach in NFL history had no idea that this kind of stuff was happening?" - Damien Woody on @TheHerd

Damn. Been ny argument against Belichick during this entire issue. He would just have to know it was happening

MechDX

LOL did Mary Kay ask that question? She would go out of her way to ask that totally irrelevant question at Browns camp.

O'Brien was asked this morning. Said he had no time to discuss that. Every coach will be asked at some point during the pressers after rookie TC workouts this week.

Top Bottom