• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

bionic77

Fox Sports will give him a billion dollars. Or the NBA network. Is there an NBA network?
Well if he gets a billion dollars than it is pretty smart on his part.

But he is horrible on TV and much of his fame came from his placement on the ESPN website, which I would imagine is a billion times more visited than Fox Sports.

And yes there is an NBA TV channel. But like I said he is fucking horrible on television. That would not last very long.

bionic77

I think it's ridiculous but women love it.

Bill Simmons has a super strong following, you're crazy. He can go on and do his own thing and would drive traffic no problem.
He doesn't write that much anymore.

He has become more of a media personality. The thing he does most now is podcasts, which I will admit he is really good at. But on tv? He was given numerous chances and everytime I watched him and his buddy Jalen I thought it sucked.

He will still be as successful, but he is losing a lot by not working for ESPN.

He doesn't write that much anymore.

He has become more of a media personality. The thing he does most now is podcasts, which I will admit he is really good at. But on tv? He was given numerous chances and everytime I watched him and his buddy Jalen I thought it sucked.

He will still be as successful, but he is losing a lot by not working for ESPN.

He had to be the most powerful personality at ESPN, which makes it pretty crazy he's leaving. I'm not a huge fan of his, mostly because he's abrasive, not good on TV, and because I don't think sportswriters should be such giant homers. I'm sure he'll find success somewhere else and maybe even make more money, but any move he makes is going to be a step down from ESPN.

BigAT

I think it's ridiculous but women love it.

LL Cool W.

As someone that used to read Page 2 when it was in its infancy, the fact that Bill fucking Simmons somehow gained popularity and fame is still stunning to me. The guy is a complete hack. Every article he wrote somehow managed to revolve around him and his dad making some shitty jokes about the 1970s Celtics to each other. I don't know how he managed to worm his way so deep into ESPN's NBA coverage that he inexplicably became a staple of it, but it is a complete disservice to the game of basketball.

If Simmons existed before the internet, he would just be some townie from Massachusetts that wrote up a sports newsletter that he Xeroxed and sent to his friends, who would then mock how crappy it was behind his back.

Using this logic one could say that the year the Niners lost, anyone in the AFC would have beat their ass in the Superbowl!

I do agree with the coaching stuff though. They were horrendous at times.

The Pats did lose to that Broncos team that year, and Seattle would have pounded their ass just as likely as they did Denver.

It's all in the past though. Those losses can't cause me any more grief!

But we didn't get shamed in the superbowl. We lost on a heartbreaker! Learn to cut out the lights and you can come back from any defecit

bionic77

LL Cool W.

As someone that used to read Page 2 when it was in its infancy, the fact that Bill fucking Simmons somehow gained popularity and fame is still stunning to me. The guy is a complete hack. Every article he wrote somehow managed to revolve around him and his dad making some shitty jokes about the 1970s Celtics to each other. I don't know how he managed to worm his way so deep into ESPN's NBA coverage that he inexplicably became a staple of it, but it is a complete disservice to the game of basketball.

If Simmons existed before the internet, he would just be some townie from Massachusetts that wrote up a sports newsletter that he Xeroxed and sent to his friends, who would then mock how crappy it was behind his back.
He did make some interesting observations and was able to insert popular culture references and analogies.

It probably says more about the state of sports journalism than anything else

Why are journalists so stupid? I feel I read more interesting shit on this message board than I do at most websites and newspapers.

MechDX

CEfk1FLVAAAsCWU.jpg:large

#Intensity #BOB

bionic77

Is this what you serenade your dates with?

Try this one next time, and you might score:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uWzlzTaGyU
First, it is a good song and has a good message. You don't always have to take your clothes off to have a good time (sorry your shirtless hobos, this is true).

And secondly, reverse psychology always works!

I'm not sure if you can consider buying his wife $5000 purses a date considering he probably won't even get lucky afterwards.
Strangely enough there is a lot more sex after the purchase of an expensive handbag, shoes or other dumb shit.

Totally unrelated.

First of all we all know that you don't get dates.

But if you did, are you saying that you would make your girl pay for the date?

The older I get the more I feel like if I were single I wouldn't pay for a girls date without making it clear I expected something in return. Of course, that's a little pointless, cause I never struck out after a date either.

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-tom-brady-brandon-marshall-bengals-ravens-vikings/
Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report spoke to an NFL source who mentioned the league stands by their investigation of the Patriots, which included a preponderance of evidence that shows QB Tom Brady was at least aware of what was going on.

Cole’s source considers a suspension for Brady to be “likely” with the Patriots receiving a fine. Since the Ted Wells report was released, nothing has come up that would diminish the league’s case in the view of the NFL.

Patriots owner Bob Kraft said that they will accept any discipline handed down from the NFL, as the league’s constitution says it’s “unappealable,” per Michael McCann.

However, if Brady were to be sanctioned, he can obviously appeal the league’s ruling.

Bowser

CEfutX4UMAE7w5K.jpg:large

If it works.

I bet his website is how that PC deleting malware gets spread.

Well...

"I've had 65 dates, and a little over 4,300 phone calls," he says, adding that he screens the calls for gigglers and pranksters more thoroughly now. "Five weeks ago, there were dinner dates and go-to-a-movie dates. But it started to really take a toll on my budget. Now they're just park dates or coffee. And I always bring a red rose."

http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/find-girlfriend

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Are people drunk?

I love Bill Simmons but don't put him anywhere near the Inside the NBA guys. That show is perfection right now.

The Seahawks and Russell Wilson are "10s of millions" apart in contract talks, according to Danny O'Neil of ESPN 710 Seattle.
He's seeking a deal in the $120 million range while Seattle has reportedly offered a four-year extension worth close to $80 million. The Seahawks are offering Andy Dalton money but Wilson wants to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. Wilson has previously used his baseball contract with the Texas Rangers as leverage in negotiations. Wilson is too good a player for the Seahawks to risk losing. Even if they're far apart now, the two sides should come to an agreement sooner or later.
Via: roto
Trade him

Top Bottom