• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Going by the Denver vs Seattle and the Denver vs New England game this year, I have come to the conclusion, by scientific reasons, that the patriots would have beaten a fully healthy seahawks team by 7.4326 points.

Virgil Green got a concussion that game early.
Green, the backup tight end, is a great blocker. But when Denver ran him up the middle on a handoff, he sustained the head injury. Montee Ball fumbled on first play it was a disaster in terms of a balancing attack. Surprised the game was close though. Wonder what would have happened if Broncos executed their game plan effectively that game.

Godslay

Banned
Lol man nothing beats Andrew Luck's comments from the Pro Bowl about AFC title defeat.

" the energy is sort of sucked out of you," Luck said. "You do feel deflated ... Oh shoo ... yea

That is an actual quote.
Luck's word choice wasn't great following reports the Patriots' game balls in that game were under-inflated.

While I disliked losing to them, that was good on Luck.

Going by the Denver vs Seattle and the Denver vs New England game this year, I have come to the conclusion, by scientific reasons, that the patriots would have beaten a fully healthy seahawks team by 7.4326 points.

That's a bold faced lie. We all know that Florida, by law doesn't allow calculations with a decimal point. It's the same reason why they calculate PI as 3.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 30s30 seconds ago
Since 1975, a quarterback has been the No. 1 pick in the draft 19 times. So I'm starting with Christian Hackenberg for 2015.

#HurlForHackenberg?

ampere

That report really is ridiculous. They commissioned a full scientific analysis on football air pressure, but couldn't be ass'd to find the goddamn Ray Rice elevator tape. I still think the NFL and Goodell come out looking worse than anyone.

The company that did the 'analysis' also did an 'analysis' for big tobacco that said secondhand smoke doesn't cause cancer. :3

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
shaqtinfalle7y0r.gif

I was backing your point. Seahawks SB 49 team was a shell of Seahawks SB 48 in pretty much every way. Both on offense and defense.

the broncos would have lost by double digit points to the team the patriots beat

the patriots would not have lost by 35 points to the team that beat the broncos

i know you have to back your team but it just comes off sounding like a sore loser. "why did THEY get to play the worse seahawks team! hmmph!" it didn't matter. the broncos coaching staff was trash and peypey can't play in the cold. you could have probably trotted out ANY of the 6 NFC playoff teams the year the broncos made the superbowl and they likely would've been blown out. maybe not with one of the all-time embarrassments (hilariously not even the worst broncos superbowl loss in history) as what they put up against the seachickens but it would have definitely been out of reach by the 4th quarter.

sorry bruh!

Tonight is pissing me off
*hugs penguins

Not as much as this morning is pissing me off. A hearty well done to my fellow Brits for voting for a bunch of cunts who have spent the past five years proving what colossal shitbags they are.

People are horrible, time to start watching anime.

Godslay

Banned
the broncos would have lost by double digit points to the team the patriots beat

the patriots would not have lost by 35 points to the team that beat the broncos

i know you have to back your team but it just comes off sounding like a sore loser. "why did THEY get to play the worse seahawks team! hmmph!" it didn't matter. the broncos coaching staff was trash and peypey can't play in the cold. you could have probably trotted out ANY of the 6 NFC playoff teams the year the broncos made the superbowl and they likely would've been blown out. maybe not with one of the all-time embarrassments (hilariously not even the worst broncos superbowl loss in history) as what they put up against the seachickens but it would have definitely been out of reach by the 4th quarter.

sorry bruh!

Using this logic one could say that the year the Niners lost, anyone in the AFC would have beat their ass in the Superbowl!

I do agree with the coaching stuff though. They were horrendous at times.

The Pats did lose to that Broncos team that year, and Seattle would have pounded their ass just as likely as they did Denver.

It's all in the past though. Those losses can't cause me any more grief!

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...grades-texans-closing-divisional-gap-on-colts

1) HOUSTON TEXANS: The Texans deserve kudos for executing a draft strategy that allowed them to land three players who carried first-round grades on various boards across the league. Kevin Johnson and linebacker Benardrick McKinney are pegged as immediate starters. Both guys bring solid skills and impressive football IQs to the table, and the Texans' highly regarded defense shouldn't skip a beat with a pair of youngsters occupying key roles in 2015. Jaelen Strong gives the team a big-bodied pass catcher to line up opposite DeAndre Hopkins. He should blossom into a red-zone threat for the Texans and give Ryan Mallett or Brian Hoyer a nice target to pinpoint in critical moments. Overall, the Texans' draft haul puts them in position to overtake the Colts as the top team in the AFC South. GRADE: A

Thanks for the vote of confidence Wellington!

bionic77

Damn those texts are amazing.

Also, I hate the Cowboys quite a bit. It's going to be a nightmare playing them.
Yeah they will be one to watch.

This is Garrett's make or break moment. They still have enough pieces (assuming they stay healthy) for the offense to put up points. But now they have a chance to field a good defense and a complete team, a rarity in today's NFL.

MechDX

Bob was a better coach than Pagano the moment he came in for that job lol. The games are already tough, but once Luck isn't able to bail us out anymore-it's over.

Fuck you guys for drafting that LB I wanted :(

McKinney? I am not real big on that pick in all honesty. Ill give Crennel and Vrabel the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. Right now he is Brandon Spikes 2.0 in my eyes. But hey Grigson doesn't need to stinking defense just going to try and outscore teams.

I do agree on the O'Brien part. Guy will have this team eating nails and walking through walls when the season starts. His ability to get players to play above their talent level is a trait he had before coming here but not many openly discussed but it being noticed now.

MechDX

jason thomas
‏@talljay1994 @AlbertBreer why are we attacking them when every team in the league does something like this though? Media has blown this up bec they win

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 7m7 minutes ago

Albert Breer retweeted jason thomas
I used to use the "but everyone was doing it" excuse all the time. My parents never bought it. Then, I turned 9.

Damn.

Top Bottom