• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

CEcVCARVAAE_HrV.jpg

Oh god, Romo looks fatter than Frederick right next to him.

bionic77

That report really is ridiculous. They commissioned a full scientific analysis on football air pressure, but couldn't be ass'd to find the goddamn Ray Rice elevator tape. I still think the NFL and Goodell come out looking worse than anyone.
They look bad, but I am pretty sure most of us will agree that Brady comes out looking the worst.

;)

How's the defense shaping up?

We were much better last season then the one prior. We also drafted nearly all defensive players including a Top 10 DE type player and one of the best corners of the draft. We desperately needed a corner. We got some quality OLB from the draft too. So very good overall. Add to that the traded addition to the DE and Lawrence getting healthy and playing this year as well as Sean Lee hopefully getting healthy finally.

We could be doing very, very well defensively. Better at LB, better on the defensive line, better at the corners, etc. And for most games those defensive players will stay fresh throughout the game due to the offense being able to control the ball.

So yeah, we look to be in solid shape defensively this year. See if it all pans out

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Not a lowball offer. Seattle typically offers short contracts and it allows Russell to approach FA again while still in his prime.

No. That's a shit tier, lowball offer. There simply isn't any other way to slough it off. $16/M is what Andy Dalton makes, ffs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In fact, $16M/yr would be only above T*m, Rivers (fa in 2016) and Bradford for a starting qb that's not on a rookie contract.

e - That is Bradford's rookie contract. :jnc

Dalton only chokes in a few regular season games and in the first round of the playoffs.

And prime time games. Don't forget prime time games!

Godslay

Banned
In fact, $16M/yr would be only above T*m, Rivers (fa in 2016) and Bradford for a starting qb that's not on a rookie contract.

And prime time games. Don't forget prime time games!

Even T*m's money isn't that low. Looks that way, but he still got paid beyond that figure. Which I'm sure you know.

Sure, if you ignore the fact those one of those guys was so dumb he failed his combine drug test, made up a ridiculous lie about the last time he smoked weed, and then proceeded to no show several meetings with teams. I guess in that alternate universe where none of that matters Gregory can be considered a first rounder. Collins I can understand because he might just be a victim of circumstance, but Gregory earned his draft position

Spinluck

What do you consider illegitimate about Brady going 37 of 50 for 328 yards and 4 touchdowns against one of the greatest defenses in NFL history?

Are they really one of the best defenses in history? No knock on the Hawks but they were busted and didn't even look 2000 Ravens good. Hell were they even better than the 2006 Ravens?

bionic77

Are they really one of the best defenses in history? No knock on the Hawks but they were busted and didn't even look 2000 Ravens good. Hell were they even better than the 2006 Ravens?
Winning absolves the cheating.

Thats why people hold Lance Armstrong to such a high standard. Most bike shirts ever!

bionic77

What? Does that drive against the Cards not exist? We all know Ben was assdick in his first SB lol.

We can all agree the greatest play he ever made was this.

NPC_2005_Colts_Steelers_The_Tackle_2.jpg

Fuuuuucccckkkkk.
Now THAT is a signature play.

Thats my qb*!

* Stay the fuck away from my daughter and wife.

Godslay

Banned

The 2013 Seahawks were probably the best defense we've seen in a quite awhile. The 2014 Seahawks D was a beat up squad going into the Superbowl, and became even more beat up by injuries during the game.

You can't really compare the two. That's not even trying to cover for Manning or the Broncos that's just facts.

effzee

That report really is ridiculous. They commissioned a full scientific analysis on football air pressure, but couldn't be ass'd to find the goddamn Ray Rice elevator tape. I still think the NFL and Goodell come out looking worse than anyone.

Except its different. This was a football related case and about the actual in game integrity of competition.

The Ray RIce situation was a legal case on which they followed the police's lead on. Police did absolutely nothing so they followed and only gave 2 games.

Still stupid but a little different here.

The 2013 Seahawks were probably the best defense we've seen in a quite awhile. The 2014 Seahawks D was a beat up squad going into the Superbowl, and became even more beat up by injuries during the game.

You can't really compare the two. That's not even trying to cover for Manning or the Broncos that's just facts.

LoB: Earl Thomas’ dislocated left shoulder(torn labrum, required arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Richard Sherman’s damaged left elbow(Tommy John surgery (TJS), known in medical practice as ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstruction),. Kam Chancellor’s injured left knee, (torn MCL, bone bruise)

I mean beat up is an understatement. They were limited in using their shoulder and having lateral movement.

Pats were facing some injury issue as well on defense like Hightower. But in 2013 SB team, the Broncos D had no Pro Bowlers in that game, while facing a team that had an explosive offensive with Golden Tate and Percy Harvin. Miller and Harris Jr were hurt. Again not saying it would have made a difference. Broncos offense came up short, not scoring double digits is unacceptable for such a high powered offense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
And when was the last time a qb signed a four year contract? Russ has got to be worth Kaepernick money, at least. Do I think some of these guys are overpaid? Yes. But that's my opinion. The market has been set.

I don't believe all that "he wants the biggest contract in the history of mankind" crap, either. Just the franchise trying to sway opinion.

Godslay

Banned
LoB: Earl Thomas’ dislocated left shoulder(torn labrum, required arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Richard Sherman’s damaged left elbow(Tommy John surgery (TJS), known in medical practice as ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) reconstruction),. Kam Chancellor’s injured left knee, (torn MCL, bone bruise)

I mean beat up is an understatement. They were limited in using their shoulder and having lateral movement.

Not to mention Lane who was injured in the game, as well as Avril who left with a concussion.

Avril is a special case because iirc he was beasting up until that concussion. Once he left the pressure on the QB deflated.

Spinluck

That 2013 defense was a different beast. I was responding to the team we saw this year. But yeah I agree, Brady's O-line dominated that game. While the Broncos front was getting demolished. They couldn't even dink and dunk that game.

Godslay

Banned
That 2013 defense was a different beast. I was responding to the team we saw this year. But yeah I agree, Brady's O-line dominated that game. While the Broncos front was getting demolished. They couldn't even dink and dunk that game.

I was backing your point. Seahawks SB 49 team was a shell of Seahawks SB 48 in pretty much every way. Both on offense and defense.

It's the Superbowl. Even Jadeveon Clowney would suit up for it.

Sorry Mech, it's just a joke

Lol man nothing beats Andrew Luck's comments from the Pro Bowl about AFC title defeat.

" the energy is sort of sucked out of you," Luck said. "You do feel deflated ... Oh shoo ... yea

That is an actual quote.
Luck's word choice wasn't great following reports the Patriots' game balls in that game were under-inflated.

Going by the Denver vs Seattle and the Denver vs New England game this year, I have come to the conclusion, by scientific reasons, that the patriots would have beaten a fully healthy seahawks team by 7.4326 points.

Top Bottom