• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 10: The End of Stupid Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because it's our high powered offense that has us at 7-2.

believe it or not it IS your offense that people are scared of. call vick inexperienced or inaccurate all you want, but they lose that game to TB without him, and they more than a few games without him. your offense IS what makes your team win.

You are talking crazy FMT. Except for our 2 loses, our defense has held every team we've faced to under 100 yards rushing. That includes LT II and Reubean(sp?) Droughns.

you held the 49ers to 93 yards, and 96 to the chargers. so technically yes you are right, but your run defense has been shady as fuck. you gave up 8 rushing TD's for gods sake. that isn't a fluke man. you have had the fortune of playing ahead a lot of the season. where do those points come from? vick.

And your comment about us blitzing the house, check and see where the majority of our sacks come from and you will see that the majority of them come from Kerney, Smith and Coleman. All D-Linemen. Watch some Falcon games and you will see we don't have to blitz no extra men to get pressure on QBs. Our pass rush has best to be respected, especially with Rod Coleman back in the mix. The only thing you are right about is our secondary. They are terrible and give up too many big plays, but they've gotten alittle better since Hall has been back.

you can't be this naive, and infact i know you aren't. just because a D-linemen gets a sack, doesn't mean there wasn't a shitload of blitzers coming. the REASON your dline has sacks is because mora is blitzing people from everywhere, and the o-linemen makes a choice (pick up the dl or the CB/lb) and it just so happens they're letting the linemen go. im not say this is the case with EVERY sack, but ive seen plenty of falcons games this year (i have sunday ticket) and i can say with confidence that blitzing is the reason for the sacks, not a strong defensive line.

I love how we don't get any respect. It just makes it all the more sweetier when we do well and win games.

people "respect" the falcons, but who have they really beaten? they got completely stomped by a 3-6 team (chiefs), were fortunate to beat a 1-8 team (49ers), should have lost against the chargers, and you beat a 2-7 team. if your team isn't getting the type of respect the steelers or patriots are getting, its because they haven't earned that type of respect yet. i realize its not their fault that the schedule and injuries and whatever is dictating they play weak teams, but can you HONESTLY tell me you'd feel confident that the falcons could beat the patriots, steelers, eagles or even the colts right now? i dont think they could beat any of those teams. falcons are very inconsistent, and i never know from week to week which team will show up. that is dangerous around this time of year, because it could cost you a chance at the playoffs (unlikely in your weak division) or IN the playoffs (likely). if the falcons prove me wrong by years end i will apologize

ShadowRed

Banned
MOTHERFUCKING A DID YOU SEE THAT PLAY!!!!!!! Mcnabb got rushed by 3 men he scambles left. scrabbles all the way to the right almost to the side line, reverses and runns all the way back to the left all most to the side lines again, then throws across his body and connects 50 something yards down field. JESUS CHRIST IS THIS MAN EVEN HUMAN!!!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
That 14.1 sec scramble to a completed pass broke Dallas' spirit, this game is over.

EAJAPAN

For at least one week, let the FULLY DESERVED McNabb dick riding commence.

That was in-fucking-credible.

Also Dallas are a joke. I always thought they were a pretender last year. :lol

DarienA

bionic77 said:
Cmon, we have to all work together and focus our ill will towards the Pats. We can focus on our rivalry again once they are knocked out of the picture. :D

I'm with you on that one.

The falcons have a hell of a d-line. They bitchslapped our o-line, even Pace. Their front 7 overall, are very good. The falcons secondary is what sucks.

Sure, they gave up 8 rushing TD's to the chiefs, but who can't the chefs run on? They abused baltimores defense if you recall.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
OMFG did you see that Madden cheese by McNabb? 20 yard drop back and run around and chunk it downfield for a bomb completion. NOT a sr8 baller.

firex

bill_parcells_b.jpg

"I'm embarrassed for myself and for the way this team's played."
limbaugh.jpg

"You think you're embarrassed, think of how I feel now? Rosita, get me some oxycontin and jack daniels so I can forget about this!"

tmdorsey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
believe it or not it IS your offense that people are scared of. call vick inexperienced or inaccurate all you want, but they lose that game to TB without him, and they more than a few games without him. your offense IS what makes your team win.

No it's not just the offense. You can't tell me that the San Fran, Arizona, or even the Tampa games were won solely by the offense. And the Detroit loss was purely the fault of the the lackluster performance of our offense that game. I'm a Vick fan, but the offense has been inconsistent and the defense has kept us in 90% of our games.

you held the 49ers to 93 yards, and 96 to the chargers. so technically yes you are right, but your run defense has been shady as fuck. you gave up 8 rushing TD's for gods sake. that isn't a fluke man. you have had the fortune of playing ahead a lot of the season. where do those points come from? vick.

Let me ask you this, how many rushing TDs have we given up outside of that game? Looks like fluke to me. I'm not saying Vick isn't contributing at all, what I'm saying is the defense has done their part and basically won games for by not allowing not allowing those leads to disappear not matter how small they were.

you can't be this naive, and infact i know you aren't. just because a D-linemen gets a sack, doesn't mean there wasn't a shitload of blitzers coming. the REASON your dline has sacks is because mora is blitzing people from everywhere, and the o-linemen makes a choice (pick up the dl or the CB/lb) and it just so happens they're letting the linemen go. im not say this is the case with EVERY sack, but ive seen plenty of falcons games this year (i have sunday ticket) and i can say with confidence that blitzing is the reason for the sacks, not a strong defensive line.

And you obviously haven't watched many of our games because our sacks weren't from a shitload of blitzers, it's the fact that Coleman in the middle has been getting double-teamed which has pretty much let the ends like Kerney and Smith cut loose.

people "respect" the falcons, but who have they really beaten? they got completely stomped by a 3-6 team (chiefs)

You really enjoyed that win they got huh? ;)

.....were fortunate to beat a 1-8 team (49ers), should have lost against the chargers, and you beat a 2-7 team. if your team isn't getting the type of respect the steelers or patriots are getting, its because they haven't earned that type of respect yet. realize its not their fault that the schedule and injuries and whatever is dictating they play weak teams, but can you HONESTLY tell me you'd feel confident that the falcons could beat the patriots, steelers, eagles or even the colts right now? i dont think they could beat any of those teams. falcons are very inconsistent, and i never know from week to week which team will show up. that is dangerous around this time of year, because it could cost you a chance at the playoffs (unlikely in your weak division) or IN the playoffs (likely). if the falcons prove me wrong by years end i will apologize

The Patroits and Eagles give up alot points and because we have the X-Factor in Vick, I think we can beat them because I have a enough confidence our defense to be able to stop them enough times for us to win. The Colts offense scares the hell out of me especially with our secondary, so the only way I see us having a chance against them is if our D-linemen have the best game of their lives and don't give Manning no time. As for the Steelers.....it's hard to say but I do know that once again Vick on fire can beat any defense.

firex

I think the falcons could beat the eagles. Don't forget, the eagles have had just as much of an easymode schedule this year as the falcons, and their run d is suspect. If they can't stop jerome bettis then Vick could get some insane scrambles on them. It'd be more of an offensive game than a defensive game, but that's why I think the falcons could win.

DJ_Tet

Banned
soulja224466 said:
It's kinda like the difference between panther fans last year and this year. Or bucs fans from the year before. At least FMT shows up every week or so, lol.

Bowser and I are the only Panther fans on this board that I know of, and I'm not going anywhere. I've missed about 3 games in their whole existence.

edit--You didn't see me much at all last year, but that was because I didn't post in sports threads. I've got another board for most of my sports talk. I only rarely posted in college basketball threads here last year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I cheer for the Steelers for a number of reasons

1) My 8th grade teacher was a huge Steeler fan, and he basically got me into football to begin with.
2) Ben Roethlisberger is one of my fantasy QBs.
3) Jerome Bettis OWNED in Gameday '98
4) Bill Cowher is my idol.

For what it's worth. I cried when Neil O'Donnell through that second int in the super bowl. Whatever though I'll cheer for them in the playoffs but that's it really. My AFC teams are as follow (Jets not included since I kinda have to root for them by geography):

1) Chargers - I was the first dude on this bandwagon. Week 3 mofos!
2) Bills - Yeah they aren't going anywhere but I like them for whatever reason
3) Colts - Greatest Show On Turf 2004/2005 edition.

NFC of course is Giants, then Seattle then Minnesota.

I don't think Matlock can be allowed to cheer for both the Browns and the Steelers. It's like me cheering for the Eagles.

Onto the Giants and Manning.

Okay... Warner was getting 4-6 seconds on average to throw the ball. Plenty of time for any other NFL quarterback. The only guys that get more are Vick, Favre, Culpepper, and McNabb because they create time with their legs. Warner is A) pretty much immobile and B) Prone to fumbles. Holding the ball for him does not work at all.

Now the question is, is it the O-Line's fault? Yes it's not the best line in football, but then you gotta wonder how Tiki Barber is getting all this yardage. Yeah it's his natural talent, but the best of running backs can't do a thing without blockers and holes being opened up. And on top of that, Barber being such a threat backs the pass rush off a bit. It'd make the other teams sucseptible to the screen, or passes out to the flats.

Toomer? Speed. Hilliard? Hands. Tyree/Taylor? More speed. Why do all plays have to include fly routes or deep flag outs? This isn't St. Louis, these guys aren't Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce with the playmaking abilities, but they aren't last year's Eagles receiving crew either (j/k don't crucify me Duce!).

I don't want to say that you guys that are saying we are being too hard on Warner are full of shit, but I'll imply it heavily. Last week, a coworker showed me an article on ESPN that had the author saying something like "Defenses are realizing that Warner responds to pressure like a Yorkshire Terrier in a room full of exploding firecrackers" or some shit like that, and it's the damned truth. 4-6 seconds is more than enough to go through your progressions. I agree that Manning should not be starting this game in particular though.

I agree warner holds it too long. But i just wanna say your comparison between tikis success and warners failure is invalid. Run blocking is an entirely different thing than pass-blocking. Anyway, good luck Eli, he's gonna need it against that falcon d-line.

i call bullshit tm. i watched a pretty good deal of the falcons-bucs game, they got 3 straight sacks because of BLITZES. griese was picking apart that defense when they stuck with a 4 man rush.

DarienA

Oh that's cute, because they are winning they are trying to show that last week was just Owens trying to pump up McNabb....

firex

DarienA said:
Oh that's cute, because they are winning they are trying to show that last week was just Owens trying to pump up McNabb....
mcnabb's explanation I heard on monday night countdown was hilarious. according to him, TO was talking about "dinner plans" and mcnabb walked away because he wasn't hungry.

DarienA

firex said:
mcnabb's explanation I heard on monday night countdown was hilarious. according to him, TO was talking about "dinner plans" and mcnabb walked away because he wasn't hungry.

LOL I like that. ;)

bionic77

soulja224466 said:
I didn't mean that the steeler fans here are bandwagoners per se, coz i remember most of them from 2002.

I'm just saying, when the steelers sucked last year, you didn't see them around all that much.

It's kinda like the difference between panther fans last year and this year. Or bucs fans from the year before. At least FMT shows up every week or so, lol.

I am assuming a lot of people were not here last year during the football season. I don't even remember when I joined to be honest, but I am a diehard steelers fan, but even real steeler fans are going to be more interested when you are 8-1 as opposed to 3-6. And everyone is going to be even more excited when you have Jesus as your QB. :D

I will say I was kind of a turncoat on Maddox, I was a huge fan and then I totally turned on him last year. I have gone through too much drama at the QB position as a steeler fan, though I still don't know if Kordell is really gay (though no one doubts he is the worst QB of all time). I don't know if posted during week 1 or 2, but Darien can confirm that I was riding the sacred jock of Roethlisberger before it became popular. :D

DarienA

Well after seeing tonight's "preview" of what the Cowboys will bring to the game Sunday, our defense should crush them... and hell even Boller should have a good day against them.

I say...SHOULD

boller is going to be in unexplored territory: following up a game where you were successful and helped your team win. lets see how he handles the pressure

Fifty

We've won when he's played like Ryan Leaf.....so I think it'll be ok. Having him coming off a big game can in no way be seen as a negative.

bionic77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
boller is going to be in unexplored territory: following up a game where you were successful and helped your team win. lets see how he handles the pressure

How can it be a bad thing to have a good game? If anything that seems to be what he needed, confidence.

TheDuce22

Banned
I used to think Moss was the best reciever in the NFL but Owens was just dominant tonight. On that slant pass Mcnabb threw it at his feet and without breaking stride he grabbed it, broke 2 tackles then eaisly sprinted past a cowboy CB. The Mcnabb and Owens show on the sideline was great too. They were out to embarrass the media for making such a big deal of it, mission accomplished IMO.

The Patroits and Eagles give up alot points and because we have the X-Factor in Vick, I think we can beat them because I have a enough confidence our defense to be able to stop them enough times for us to win.

Eagles are #3 in the NFL (First in the NFC) in points allowed and the Pats are #5. Where have you been?

bionic77

Cloudy said:
That's cos he is. Ownes is right there too but a healthy Moss is just a better and much faster than TO....

It is not as clear cut as it used to be. They are both dominant in different ways. I would still pick Moss (just barely) because it seems you can just throw it up in the air to him in triple coverage and Moss can make that into a high percentage play.

TheDuce22

Banned
Thats the thing, I used to question T.O's speed too but he has been eaisly outrunning people all year. He is alot faster than people think. I cant remember Moss ever going over the middle and breaking a 5 yard pass for a td. Owens is a threat from anywhere.

Thing about owens is, if you hit him early, he gets alligator arms when going over the middle.

The rams have always been able to contain him, nobody has ever been able to contain Moss. Moss is without a doubt, the top WR in the league IMO.

TheDuce22

Banned
Thing about owens is, if you hit him early, he gets alligator arms when going over the middle.

I havent seen it yet this year and he has taken some hits. The only thing that has slowed down Owens so far has been Mcnabbs erratic passing at times. Trotter looked awesome tonight too in his first game as MLB, I cant believe we got him for the leauge minimum. Simoneau proved that no matter where you put him he will not make plays, I really dont like him despite the strip.

Edit: He was beaten badly all day by whitten and got lucky on that strip. The guy is like an Espn 2k5 player. He goes into the interception or knockdown animation when hes 5 yards away from the ball, if he does anything at all. The only pass I have ever seen him knock down hit him in the back when his head was turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom