• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 10: The End of Stupid Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuce22

Banned
dudes stop talking about the fucking mcnabb hit. he stumbled, and he was trying to get back up.

Nope sorry.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/merc.../7743146.htm?1c
No penalty was called on Favors' hit, although McNabb was on the ground for two seconds or so before Favors pounced on him. Officials ruled that McNabb was not down by contact, but television replays showed that Rucker grabbed McNabb's foot to send him to the ground.

You can actually see the guy pull Mcnabbs shoe half way off. I cant believe some of you people. You think that the entire sports media is just making this stuff up?

Dilbert

The Giants loss was PATHETIC. I agree that Warner is done, but I'm not sure that putting Manning into this season is a good idea. I think it's time to play...THE BACHELOR!

bachelor_jesse_150x208.jpg

"Hey guys, I think it would be really neat to play quarterback. But tell me one thing -- am I going to break a nail?"

On an unrelated topic -- Pat Summerall used to call the Sunday night ESPN games, but they replaced him with Mike Patrick at some point. What happened? (I'm not complaining, mind you -- Summerall is senile, and listening to him was awkwardly funny at best. Patrick clicks far better with the color crew.)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
-jinx- said:
The Giants loss was PATHETIC. I agree that Warner is done, but I'm not sure that putting Manning into this season is a good idea. I think it's time to play...THE BACHELOR!

bachelor_jesse_150x208.jpg

"Hey guys, I think it would be really neat to play quarterback. But tell me one thing -- am I going to break a nail?"

On an unrelated topic -- Pat Summerall used to call the Sunday night ESPN games, but they replaced him with Mike Patrick at some point. What happened? (I'm not complaining, mind you -- Summerall is senile, and listening to him was awkwardly funny at best. Patrick clicks far better with the color crew.)

Patrick was always on the SNF crew. He needed surgery and was out the first few weeks, so they had Summerall fill in.
Patrick is jesus compared to Summerall.

/que the bejesus line, aka the best line in commentating history

i wish someone had a clip of that

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
EAJAPAN said:
Yank Bledsoe and put Travis Henry in at QB.

:lol

If history tells us anything, it's that if you replace Bledsoe, his replacement will win 2 Superbowls and become one of the top 5 QBs in the league.

Miguel

Eminem said:

If history tells us anything, it's that if you replace Bledsoe, his replacement will win 2 Superbowls and become one of the top 5 QBs in the league.

JP Losman future Superbowl MVP?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
theo said:
lmao @ the espn commentators booth in gillette stadium. everyone knows foxboro is nowheres near boston.

I honestly cant stand when ESPN or Fox televise games from here. CBS knows, because Phil Simms got hit in the head with a snowball during the last game at foxboro stadium. :lol

EAJAPAN

Miguel said:
Strike that. He's Bledsoe II.

I wonder if Buffalo can offload Bledsoe and his curse to Seattle? Not that Hasselbeck is doing a bad job of missing recievers by ten feet, but there's always room for improvement.

Mrbob

Yes the march to 11-5 for the Bears continues onward!

*Realize the Bears have won three games in spite of their offense and have to play the Colts next week*

:(

Well, it was a good 3 game run. :lol Our offense is going to have to show up and get like 20 points. If we can hold the Colts to 17 points next week it'll be a monumental feet. And I do think we will hold the Colts to exactly 17. But can our offense score more than 3?!?! We do get the Colts out of the Dome which goes to our favor.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
sorry dude...you know i'm right with you...but holding the colts to 28 is a stretch =/

no one in the nfl can contain the colts. maybe the ravens...but we'll see that match up in 5 weeks.

bears O isn't even mediocre. ugh.

BlackMage

Banned
EAJAPAN said:
I wonder if Buffalo can offload Bledsoe and his curse to Seattle? Not that Hasselbeck is doing a bad job of missing recievers by ten feet, but there's always room for improvement.

hater! Hasselbeck is not Seattle's problem FOO!

Mrbob

Eminem said:
sorry dude...you know i'm right with you...but holding the colts to 28 is a stretch =/

no one in the nfl can contain the colts. maybe the ravens...but we'll see that match up in 5 weeks.

bears O isn't even mediocre. ugh.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Bears D is better than the Ravens D.*

*When Tillman and Brown get back*

We need one of those crazy turnover games where manning throw like 5 picks. And then we need to return 3 or 4 of them for tds! :lol

I'm sure the Colts O will move the ball up and down the field between the 20s. We need to keep the Colts out of the end zone when they reach the end zone. Keep them from getting TDs. Keep them to FG opportunities. I really do think our defense can keep the Colts O in check, but the Bears O just won't be able to keep up. Unless the Colts D decides to play their worst game of the year! Also, Krenzel has to hold onto the damn ball and throw no INTS. None whatsoever. I'm really intrigued in this matchup just to see how the Bears D stacks up against the Colts O, no matter what the final score reflects. This game is a good test to see how far our defense has come.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:
We need one of those crazy turnover games where manning throw like 5 picks. And then we need to return 3 or 4 of them for tds! :lol

:lol :lol

But yeah...with Tillman and Brown our defense would be just sick. Approaching Ravens level.
Our offense is just too terrible though =/

I love rooting for the Colts, but the Bears are my team...but I can't say I expect to win. We just aren't good enough on offense.

Fifty

Eminem said:
I love rooting for the Colts, but the Bears are my team...but I can't say I expect to win. We just aren't good enough on offense.

It'd be nice to root for them too! :lol Ravens offense has been awful (not as bad as the Bears) .....The Colts are like a fantasy team out there.

Warhammer 40k said:
hater! Hasselbeck is not Seattle's problem FOO!

M. Hasselbeck 15/36 for 172, 0 TD, 1 iNT

Take away that cheesy 40 yard pass at the end of the game, he has barely over 100 yards passing. Hasselback sucks dude. And your defense is highly overrated.

Not to mention holmgren is a terrible coach. Brett favre made him what he is.

Mrbob

Heh, neither do I. It would be nice, though. Just to see the Bears make a run at the division and not totally be out of the race by the time December starts.

Colts offense + Bears defense = most dominant team in the league

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mrbob said:
Heh, neither do I. It would be nice, though. Just to see the Bears make a run at the division and not totally be out of the race by the time December starts.

yep. I'm curious to see what the spread will be. if we come within 10 points, that's not bad at all, considering our offense.

Fifty

Mrbob said:

BearsD// YPG = 313.6
BearsD// RushYPG = 123.6
BearsD// PassYPG = 190

Ravens D// YPG= 281
RavensD// Rush YPG = 98.9
RavensD// PassYPG = 182.1

Mrbob

I knew you would repond to that Fifty! :lol

Defense is more than just yards per game as well.

How many points per game your D gives up. How many TDs your D gives up in red zone opportunities. How many turnovers your D gets and how many of these turn into points. Which team has the best middle linebacker in the game. :p The Bears defense got gashed in the running game the first 6 games of the year. It's been the last couple games where the D has finally got the scheme together so those rushing numbers are a bit misleading. Let me make me statement a more precise: The Bears D has been the best D in the NFL the past three weeks. :p

Fifty

Mrbob said:

How many points per game your D gives up.

You're right. I'm sorry.

BearsD Points Allowed = 149

RavensD Points Allowed = 130

:lol I'm done!

Mrbob said:

I knew you would repond to that Fifty! :lol

How many points per game your D gives up. How many TDs your D gives up in red zone opportunities. How many turnovers your D gets and how many of these turn into points. Which team has the best middle linebacker in the game. :p The Bears defense got gashed in the running game the first 6 games of the year. It's been the last couple games where the D has finally got the scheme together so those rushing numbers are a bit misleading. Let me make me statement a more precise: The Bears D has been the best D in the NFL the past three weeks. :p

Yes, but does your D pride itself on stopping 3rd and longs?

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Bears D isnt as good as the ravens...but if we had tillman and brown it would be very close, if not now then next year.

ravens and bears could combine offenses and still be the worst in the league :lol

TheDuce22

Banned
Looking at the standings, my god the NFC sucks this year. Arizona, Chicago and Detroit are all 1 game out of first in their divisions.

Mrbob

TheDuce22 said:
Looking at the standings, my god the NFC sucks this year. Arizona, Chicago and Detroit are all 1 game out of first in their divisions.

Yeah and the worst offense of it all is the success the overrated Eagles are having in the NFC Least division. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow Bills fans have had a wild night.
"They finally benched Bledsoe! Rejoice! Were going undefeated for the rest of the season! LOSMAN, LOSMAN!
p1_losman_all.jpg

"After being picked off."
OH NO! WE SUCK AGAIN!

ColdBlooded33 said:
Wow Redskins fans have had a wild night.
"They finally benched Brunell! Rejoice! Were going undefeated for the rest of the season! RAMSEY, RAMSEY!

5.jpg

ColdBlooded33 said:
"After being sacked (and picked off/nearly picked off 6 times)."
OH NO! WE SUCK AGAIN!

Fixed.

firex

I figured out why the skins have the highest rated defense in the league now... their offense is so bad the other team doesn't even try when they have possession since they know mark brunell/patrick ramsey can't complete any passes.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
firex said:
I figured out why the skins have the highest rated defense in the league now... their offense is so bad the other team doesn't even try when they have possession since they know mark brunell/patrick ramsey can't complete any passes.

Brunell can't complete any passes, this is true -- Ramsey CAN complete passes, but he doesn't EVER look at anyone but his main receiver, so whenever he does throw there are 2 or 3 defenders covering it. Ramsey's got a great arm -- he's just blind. Though you would have thought he could see the difference between the Redskins' white jerseys and the Bengals' DARK BLUE AND NEON ORANGE... :)

firex

yeah, that's what I mean. brunell couldn't throw the ball more than 8 yards and while ramsey can throw and can actually get it to a receiver, he looks worse than last year. complete tunnel vision. carson palmer is the same way.

Fifty said:
BearsD// YPG = 313.6
BearsD// RushYPG = 123.6
BearsD// PassYPG = 190

Ravens D// YPG= 281
RavensD// Rush YPG = 98.9
RavensD// PassYPG = 182.1

Actually, here's the updated stats:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2004&sort=1129&timeframe=

BearsD// YPG = 322.1
BearsD// RushYPG = 117.9
BearsD// PassYPG = 204.2

Ravens D// YPG= 283.7
RavensD// Rush YPG = 105.2
RavensD// PassYPG = 178.4

SteelersD// YPG = 257.9
SteelersD// RushYPG = 79.6
SteelersD// PassYPG = 178.3

:D

bionic77 said:
The area I see for improvement is in special teams.

True. And what's weird is that last year they were the only bright spot on the team. They've taken a step back with many of the same players. Hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom