• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WEEK 10: The End of Stupid Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Warner and his "I'd rather take a sack than throw the ball away" attitude can be, I'd still rather have him than Kerry Collins. As good as Collins could be when he got hot I think that man took years off of my life with his laziness with the football.

**Collins' Brain** "Lemme just float one out there." "Time for a backward pass." "Time to slide for a 2 yard loss."

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Brian Fellows said:
I suppose its still better than getting the Rams though. Just looking at Martz is enough to piss me off. I kinda like Lovie even though he is the enemy.

:lol
When Lovie has those black sunglasses on and smiles...cracks me up. He looks ridiculous.

I like the Belicheck scrub look.

edit: the vikes collapse has gone from funny to just sad now. i pity them. i'd rather be terrible all year than start out superbowl bound and then fall off the earth

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Jags keep it heart-pounding to the dying seconds again. :\

Sorry, Mig, you're going to have to do better than that to beat Indy on their own turf. Maybe you'll get something out of the rematch...

Wellington said:
Warner is horrible. Sit his ass down. Bring in Manning to show Roethliswhatever what's what with rookie QBs.

J2: Warner lost us that game! The Bears matchup well with the Colts though, so who knows.

K. Warner 7/9 78 1 0, no fumbles

Yeah that's horrible, i bet it makes gint fans want kerry "turnover" collins back, right?

I haven't seen you give warner props even once this year.

firex

FINALLY joe gibbs benches mark brunell for patrick ramsey. either that or brunell got injured while I was out.

god, I don't want to get excited about the bengals improving to .500 but it's about the only thing I can really hope for with this team. I would kill for them to go 9-7 on the year but that looks impossible, even going 8-8 looks impossible. but at least they're starting to play better these past two games (of course they're playing against similarly shitty teams, but still).

firex

haha, yeah. jesus, I don't even get how the skins are so bad. their D is like first or second in the league in yards allowed per game, and they have clinton portis, and yet they stink it up every single game.

man i was hoping it would be late in the 4th before the panthers found out they should throw on every play :(

our secondary is pure garbage, but the panthers (for some reason) stayed away from bombing it on us in the first half. not so now.... come on rat! lead us back!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
man i was hoping it would be late in the 4th before the panthers found out they should throw on every play :(

:lol :lol :lol

Guess the Packers shoulda kicked that FG a little while ago eh? :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
soulja224466 said:
K. Warner 7/9 78 1 0, no fumbles

Yeah that's horrible, i bet it makes gint fans want kerry "turnover" collins back, right?

I haven't seen you give warner props even once this year.

You realize that he was only 7/9 for the passes he got to throw right? All the sacks he's accumulated by holding onto the ball aren't counted there. He's been sacked four times this game.

Unless you get to see the games it's hard to judge, so I won't harp on you too much. But if he's so good why was there talk all this week of Coughlin potentially benching Warner and putting Manning in? I understand the O-Line ain't great, but they've given more than enough time to read the first and second, maybe even the third and fourh receivers at times. This isn't the Rams O-line.

Cloudy

Banned
1-10-MIN 40 (12:40) (Shotgun) D.Culpepper sacked at MIN 38 for -2 yards (K.Gbaja-Biamila).
2-12-MIN 38 (12:05) (Shotgun) D.Culpepper sacked at MIN 30 for -8 yards (K.Gbaja-Biamila).

:lol

Wellington said:
You realize that he was only 7/9 for the passes he got to throw right? All the sacks he's accumulated by holding onto the ball aren't counted there. He's been sacked four times this game.

Unless you get to see the games it's hard to judge, so I won't harp on you too much. But if he's so good why was there talk all this week of Coughlin potentially benching Warner and putting Manning in? I understand the O-Line ain't great, but they've given more than enough time to read the first and second, maybe even the third and fourh receivers at times. This isn't the Rams O-line.

Rams o-line has sucked and does suck. Warner was just that fast going thru his progressions. All those concussions have slowed that considerably. He does have a tendency to hold onto the ball wayyyy too long. Remember the rams-giants game last year?

But his accuracy is still there. I think putting in eli would be dumb, hell philly almost killed him earlier this season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
soulja224466 said:
But his accuracy is still there. I think putting in eli would be dumb, hell philly almost killed him earlier this season.
Yeah, but that was WEEK 1.

The fact of the matter is that Warner has been sacked 39 TIMES now on the season. That's more sacks than Peyton Manning has touchdowns. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I for one am tired of losing games because of Warner's ineptitude. Accuracy doesn't mean anything if he's getting hit for a loss half the time. 5-4. Ugh.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
It's disgusting watching Warner. He holds on to the ball for fucking ever. If he doesn't have 10 seconds he can't do shit right. The Giants receivers have done well previously, watching Warner it's like they are never open.

Time for Eli to 1 up Big Ben.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Glad you guys are agreeing with me on Warner. Amani Toomer and Ike Hilliard aren't pro-bowl WRs but they are pretty sure handed, you just gotta... you know THROW IT. Couple that with Barber and Shockey, the Giants offense should be steam rolling opponents. Kerry 'CollINT' prevented that last year, and now it seems as if it's Warner. How bad can the O-Line be with Barber putting up the numbers he has been game after game?

On the plus side.... GO GO MUHSIN MUHAMMAD! Fantasy points galore!

methodman

Banned
Wow. That was such a depressing game... Niners had that game in their hands, they were completely owning Carolina... but thats when carolina realized they could just start throwing deep every play and get easy ass yardage. Holy shit, and to add on to all that, Rattay threw 3 Interceptions in the 2nd half alone. We should've had this game. FUCK.

Miguel

FrenchMovieTheme said:
apparently illegal picks aren't illegal in green bay against the packers

sapp_sherman.jpg

"PUT A JERSEY ON! YOU THINK YOU SO TOUGH? PUT A JERSEY ON!"

tmdorsey

Just got settled in from the game and caught up on all the posts.

First of all, shout out to Future. ;) Had almost a full row of Bucs fans infront of me at the Dome. I almost felt sorry for them, because they were getting abused. :lol Anyway the game really turned into a defensive struggle in the 3rd qtr. Thank god we have Crumpler. I don't care what anybody says that was a fumble, but it's ok though because we got the touchdown anyway.

7-2 and 2-0 in the division. I think we have like the 4th best record in the league right now, but I bet we still don't get the respect we deserve. That's ok we will just hopefully keep winning playing our game and make our way deep into the playoffs.

DJ_Tet

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
Your wrong. This is not a matter of opinion. You cant convince me of this for the same reason you cant convince me the sky is purple or the world is flat. Get your eyes checked and watch the tape again. You think all these people just imagined Rucker getting the sack?

Yeah, I think all those people saw something that didn't happen. I checked the DVD again. If I had a burner, I'd sent you a copy.

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
niners dominating the weak ass panthers D! yeah go ahead and laugh at me being excited about a 1-7 team, but i have to cheer for something :D

:D

8-7 lifetime against the 9ers baby! Suck it DOWN ladies ;)

dudes stop talking about the fucking mcnabb hit. he stumbled, and he was trying to get back up. what the fuck did you expect the defensive guy to do? you dont know what could have happened. he could have gotten up and chucked a TD. it was the nfc championship game, a trip to the superbowl on the line, you do what it takes to win. i'm not saying it took mcnabb getting hurt, but to just keep him grounded (no pun). eagles weren't going to win that game anyways man

DJ, the jokes on you buddy we get the #1 pick now. little did you know it was win-win for both of us no matter what the outcome was :D

Slo

"And with the first pick of the 2005 NFL draft San Fransisco selects.......Maurice Clarrett. Miami is on the clock. "

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
DJ, the jokes on you buddy we get the #1 pick now. little did you know it was win-win for both of us no matter what the outcome was :D

Yeah, I knew that as I watched the game. However, I'm sure you as a true fan knows, even if it might be better draft position in a lost year, you get wrapped up in the excitement of a win. Especially after that first half, jeez. It was a good game by both teams (except for the penalties and SF's turnovers), at least the game had drama in the second half.

bionic77

Wow, Steelers defense is looking amazing lately. I really got to hand it to their coaching staff for turning that defense around so quickly. They were terrible in the first few games and these days they look to be as good as any defensive unit in the NFL. Hell, and they did it without Porter.

Steelers offense was not clicking like it was the last 2 weeks, but on the road all you care about is the win. A lot of Steelers and Browns were falling all over the field today though, whcih was strange considering it looked totally dry. Big Ben made the big plays when he needed to, same story for Ben. :D

That block by Ward was probably one of the best blocks I have ever seen. He laid out a 300+ pound D-lineman when Roethlisberger was scrambling for a first down. I hope we can get our offense back on track next week with Duce, but if not I think Bettis has one more game in him. Probably won't get 100 yards, he is just too old, but it will help set up the pass and help out our defense.

i dont know what happened to rat. i knew our secondary was going to be picked to pieces eventually in the game, but i thought i could depend on rattay to not cost us the game. i was wrong. i give an F to every section of our team except special teams, which i would give an A. we were getting awesome returns and punts all day today, just didn't pan out

and you are right, i would rather have won the game than get a higher draft pick. oh well :(

theo

Contest Winner
lmao @ the espn commentators booth in gillette stadium. everyone knows foxboro is nowheres near boston.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont know what happened to rat. i knew our secondary was going to be picked to pieces eventually in the game, but i thought i could depend on rattay to not cost us the game. i was wrong. i give an F to every section of our team except special teams, which i would give an A. we were getting awesome returns and punts all day today, just didn't pan out

and you are right, i would rather have won the game than get a higher draft pick. oh well :(

your niners sadness coupled with your avatar makes me sad inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom