• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 - NFC Teams don't need to get in the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
firex said:
giants playcalling has been retarded. Tiki Barber was looking like a serious elite RB this season (no fumbling) and yet they don't run him nearly enough. it's always easier on the rookie to have him hand off to your already established, good RB too.
Yeah. Tom Coughlin and his gang have just done a horrific job of coaching this team on gameday. They just really don't use ANY of their weapons to their strengths.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I've given up on this season, as I'm pretty sure the Giants have too.

But at least the Jets are kicking ass and taking names after putting a royal smackdown on the Texans earlier. :)

EAJAPAN

This is going to be a bad day for slingin' and slangin'.

I'm smelling at least four, maybe five interceptions.

But he's just like a kid out there, havin' fun, and that's what counts.

Cloudy

Banned
NFC is a joke!

The NFL should just let the Eagles rest and just automatically put them in the super bowl so no eagles get injured.

Cause if the Eagles ARENT in the super bowl, it is going to be an ugly game.

Pretty good idea if you ask me :lol

Matlock

Banned
Jesus christ, I just saw the box score of the Cincy/Ravens game. "HEY GUYS, WE'RE AHEAD 26-3 IN THE FOURTH QUARTER."

*cincy wins by 1*

Fifty

I wish Madden was calling this game just so I could watch him flail about trying to make excuses for Good Ol' Boy and the Packers. :lol

Slo

<Madden> The reason they're losing is because they're not scoring enough points. And the reason they're not scoring enough points is because Brett Favre is a pillow biter.

EAJAPAN

Last week Madden dribbled on about how it was all Favre regarding how low his sack numbers are.

What about today, tubby?

When Favre isn't sacked, it's Favre. When he's sacked, it's the O-line.

That pass from Favre just now was a laser though. That thing would take your head off.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I just got back in the house... my god the Packers are getting SPANKED!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
The Giants need to quit with this max protect shit. Manning has nobody to throw to. They should never let Shockey block, and make at least half of Mannings attempts go deep to Taylor (it's worked 2/3 times).

We scored!!!!!!!!!! Comeback time.

DMczaf

nfl_gannon_brooks.jpg

:lol

They made toys of Derrick Brooks ending Gannon's career? That's cold blooded!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Giants with a return for the TD right as I flip to them... and I was about to say I look at the score and was like wow the Redskins are finally playing at the level everybody expected them to be at.

tmdorsey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
more proof today that the falcons will be one and done in the playoffs. throw out whatever stats you want, but true contenders dont get crushed by 20+ playing against non-playoff teams. it has happened twice to the falcons. hate to be a negative nancy tmdorsey, but put a fork in the falcons they're done!

Come FMT, you know good and well you love hating on us. About us being one and done in the playoffs I don't think so. With the Vikings loss and Green Bay getting destroyed right now we still are in pretty good shape to get a first round bye to go along side our first playoff game being at home. I think those 2 factors will be enough to get us a win and trip to the NFC championship.

Come FMT, you know good and well you love hating on us.

:D

About us being one and done in the playoffs I don't think so. With the Vikings loss and Green Bay getting destroyed right now we still are in pretty good shape to get a first round bye to go along side our first playoff game being at home. I think those 2 factors will be enough to get us a win and trip to the NFC championship.Come FMT, you know good and well you love hating on us. About us being one and done in the playoffs I don't think so. With the Vikings loss and Green Bay getting destroyed right now we still are in pretty good shape to get a first round bye to go along side our first playoff game being at home. I think those 2 factors will be enough to get us a win and trip to the NFC championship.

i dont know, maybe you're right. lets say the playoffs started today. here would be the matchups:

stl @ gb
mn @ sea

byes: eagles, falcons

i think the falcons would have a realistic shot @ beating the rams, packers or seahawks. i do think they would lose handily to the vikings (assuming vikes are at full strength). so, that would have to mean that the rams and vikings win (rams would go to Phi, mn to atl). perhaps the falcons will get to the nfc championship, but they truly are the early 90's chiefs/broncos/dolphins where they get to the championship game because SOMEONE had to get there from that conference.

but i would love to be in the falcons position. once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen. who knows, maybe they could avenge their embarrassing superbowl defeat to the broncos all those years ago :)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Ninja Scooter said:
damn, the Raiders offense is rolling the last few games. They have a nice core of recievers.

yeah, and they're all young. keep 'em together for another few years and they'll be ridiculous.
Dunno about Collins though....

bionic77

Eminem said:
yeah, and they're all young. keep 'em together for another few years and they'll be ridiculous.
Dunno about Collins though....

Collins sucks. Brees will probably be available next season, Raiders would be wise to try and get him.

chimpychi

this was the first Giants game I've gotten to see since the last time they played the Skins..made the sorry Skins look like the Pats...this sucks..

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
i took $20 of the $80 i won on the colts game this afternoon and picked the over on the 1st half over/under which was at 17.5

18 points by halftime? i think so. GO WHICHEVER TEAM SCORES

Tamanon

Banned
I disagree with the play calling, you can always tell it's a run when Leftwich is under center, he only throws out of shotgun it seems. I think that should've easily been a short in route there, not a deep bomb. although good effort.

Tamanon

Banned
Ugh....

On one hand, it's good to see some semblance of a pass rush finally. On the other. Damn did we get burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom