• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Doorman

Dumb ass bitch

It seems rare, but I actually....agree...with FMT? Carroll is sounding like a bunch of fans from around here, always willing to play "what if" in turning losses into wins when judging their team's quality, but never willing to acknowledge the reverse. It's actually a part of what's made every Lions game this year so irritating for me to watch. Feels like every game follows the same damn blueprint of falling behind early, just kind of lurking around until the last 8 minutes of the game, and then it just turns into a back and forth fiesta that gets decided when the Lions take their last offensive shot within the final minute.

It's a little ironic, suddenly you only ever need to tune in to a Lions game in the 4th quarter, it used to be that you'd tune them out after the 1st. When will the middle of our games ever be relevant? D:

Wrayfield

Monday night football with Sandy. There is an pub around the corner will weather that storm. I could get used to being able to watch this without having to stay up until the morning hours...

ari

Banned
Who drives?

5qbcopyright562media1-1024x810.jpg

is that smith or rodgers in the front?

RBH

griffinincomplete.jpg

Washington Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he felt like a “dumbshit” after reviewing the play Sunday on which quarterback Robert Griffin III went out for a pass and took a hard hit from Steelers safety Ryan Clark. The coach said he should not have subjected his franchise quarterback to such risk of injury.

On the play, Griffin flipped the ball to receiver Josh Morgan on a reverse to the right and then ran out of the backfield on a pass route. Morgan eluded a defender and heaved the ball downfield to Griffin along the left sideline.

Griffin had to slow up for the pass as the ball hung in the air and pushed off cornerback Ike Taylor, drawing an offensive pass interference penalty. The ball bounced off Griffin’s hands, and a split second later, Clark flew in from the right and leveled Griffin.

“After looking at that play, you feel like a complete dumbshit because you want him to be wide open,” Shanahan said on Monday. “I’ve run that play probably 10, 15 times with [John] Elway, probably 20 times or more with Steve Young, and with Robert, what you usually do is against the right defense – which is man coverage – no one usually accounts for the quarterback and he’s by himself out there.”

Shanahan said the Redskins didn’t anticipate the Steelers having two defenders in the area. He said Monday that he should have instructed Morgan to throw the pass only if Griffin was in a one-on-one situation.

“With Josh Morgan, he takes off and he’s got such confidence in his arm, and he lets it go and probably could’ve thrown it another 10 yards,” Shanahan said. “Robert’s so competitive that he goes for that ball, and that one safety that comes over just killed him. Yeah, I felt like to do it over again, we’d tell Josh don’t throw it unless he’s wide open, I mean wide open. Of course from his perspective, he was. But that’s part of the growing process for me and having the guys throw a pass from the backfield.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-felt-dumb-after-reviewing-rgiii-trick-play/

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
AFC Elite teams:

Texans
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens

Those are the top four with Patriots and Broncos being the best two. Still don't trust Schaub in the playoffs with no receivers. Chargers sneak up for a WC spot with the last spot going to either the Steelers/Dolphins/Colts getting the last spot.

Either way the NFC smokes the AFC this year.
Texans beat the broncos in denver, and it wasn't even as close as the 6 point final differential indicates.
No receivers? Andre Johnson? Ok. but i wouldnt expect a lions fan to know anything anyway.

Ala Week

There is no more appropriate phrase than... SUCK IT!!!!!
ok? He didnt have the arm strength then, but every week he's gotten better. In the Texans game had made some good throws in the second half. You also ignore my posts complimentary of him.

Top Bottom