• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

nateeasy

Banned
Its looks like NE gave up a 4th rounder and got a 7th rounder from the Bucs. They didnt give up a 4th and 7th.

Edit: NVM. Im Dumb. I read the original post as they gave up both a 4th and a 7th.

Outside of Randy Moss, what is New England's successful conversion of troubled players? Brandon Meriweather was shipped out of town, Ochocinco was a bust, Albert Haynesworth didn't amount to anything, so is their success rate still based on Moss?

Was Corey Dillion bad?

Seanspeed

Banned
Ugghhhh, fuck the Pats. We only got a 4th out of Talib? Sigh. I am not surprised, Schiano seems like a take no shit kinda dude. Probably wanted to get rid of the "dead weight" and the Bucs were doing okay without him. Still sucks.

Just looking at some stats, Bucs are 2nd last in av. passing yards allowed in the NFL right now. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but thats not exactly what you'd expect from a team 'doing ok' in the secondary situation overall.

Outside of Randy Moss, what is New England's successful conversion of troubled players? Brandon Meriweather was shipped out of town, Ochocinco was a bust, Albert Haynesworth didn't amount to anything, so is their success rate still based on Moss?

Talib's still somewhat young at least. Guys like Ocho and Haynesworth were already in the twilights of their careers.

Meier said:
Ugghhhh, fuck the Pats. We only got a 4th out of Talib? Sigh.
As noted, he's in the last year of his deal coming off a suspension, has had a history of off the field issues. The Bucs were never going to resign him. Either you deal him or you get nothing for him. The Bucs made out well.

jakncoke

Banned
Anyone every work at a place where a majority of a shift was fired at once for something? Happened to me today, owners put ninja cams in and caught half the shift smoking pot/starting fires or something. Didnt even 2nd today which sucks for people that are innocent. Prob 8 or so people fired today. Hilarious.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone every work at a place where a majority of a shift was fired at once for something? Happened to me today, owners put ninja cams in and caught half the shift smoking pot/starting fires or something. Didnt even 2nd today which sucks for people that are innocent. Prob 8 or so people fired today. Hilarious.

Well who's going to deliver those pizzas now?

/eznark

krzy123

I think i got some mileage out of corey dillon

Sanjuro

RIP Pizza Hut.

Milchjon

So, which group did you belong to?

lol idiots

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Love the trade. He's young, it's not the same case as Albert and Ocho. These later round picks haven't panned out in years for the pats anyways. If he plays well enough they can bring him on for next year... let Chung walk, and convert Mccourty to safety.

mr2xxx

Banned
Good luck on Talib but it says something when the guy who drafted him, Bruce Allen, who has the worst secondary in the NFL doesn't get him. Same as how Philbin passed on Flynn.

I mentioned it earlier...

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton

Sounds like Perry Fewell is planning on 3-safety looks: "Stevie’s hard to unseat right now. We’ll find a way for Kenny to be on the field"

Fewell confirmed this during his presser. I'd guess we'll see more three safety looks with Phillips and Brown alternating taking over the Deon Grant role from a few years ago and playing the deep free safety. Hopefully that means Rolle takes over more as the strong safety playing at the line. He's an excellent tackler and it's where he does his best work.

mr2xxx

Banned
In the WTF Endorsment deal of the day, I introduce you to the Adidas Assassins Creed shoe designed by none other than the star of the NFL, Sir Robert Griffin III.

ss_01.jpg

ss_04.jpg

ss_05.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ubina&Action=ContentTheme&pbPage=Griffin&pgm=81141400&ThemeID=29282800

Bowser

In the WTF Endorsment deal of the day, I introduce you to the Adidas Assassins Creed shoe designed by none other than the star of the NFL, Sir Robert Griffin III.

[IMGhttp://drh.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Site/ubina/pb/images/adidas/ss_01.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://drh.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Site/ubina/pb/images/adidas/ss_04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://drh.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Site/ubina/pb/images/adidas/ss_05.jpg[/IMG]

http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ubina&Action=ContentTheme&pbPage=Griffin&pgm=81141400&ThemeID=29282800

It looks like RG3 designed these shoes for Giants fans judging by the colors...

Chili

Good luck on Talib but it says something when the guy who drafted him, Bruce Allen, who has the worst secondary in the NFL doesn't get him. Same as how Philbin passed on Flynn.

Shanahan seems to go after character guys. That said, we have two fifth round picks. I wouldn't have been averse to giving away our fourth out of sheer desperation.

I like the trade for the Pats. They don't have to worry about his long-term ability to not get arrested. They just need to fix up that secondary for this season. He might not work out but for now he's an immediate upgrade (after he comes back from suspension).

verbum

If you designed a receiver from scratch, wouldn't he look exactly like Julio Jones? Including the dreads? It's really disappointing that he cut off the dreads, but maybe that's what he needed to hit the next level. Like a reverse Samson effect.

Julio1.jpg

I love it.

i missed this post! remember when you said your defense was good? lulz. or wait, was some nobody on your defense injured for this game?

Hey bro, wondered why I didn't get shit from you. Sorry, been so busy at work I haven't had time to post really. Actually need to get my ass out of here and to the gym right now but real quick I'll answer this.

Nope, we grabbed ankles, period. No excuses, we just sucked dick. Really the only thing I'm upset about is how our defense performed. Niners are who I expect some of those veterans to show up the most for and the D had their worst game of the season. You guys put up more points than Lady Brady, gratz. We should have been able to annihilate your offense nearly as much and keep the game close but we laid a big goose egg. I hope to see the D with a chip on their shoulder and play hard against GB for pride. Really upset about their performance and I know they are too. Actually, apparently Whiz administered his most heated lashing after our game, he actually called out players names in front of the team and even made a comment about guys showing up in the workout room that need to get on the field (I suspect this was directed at Heap). I'm sure many of them were embarrassed.

So while injuries obviously play strongly into why our season is shot and our offense is so shitty, it is not an excuse for why our defense played so poorly and you guys straight up thrashed them. Gratz.

Niners still suck dick <3

Top Bottom