• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Kid deserved to get his ass beat for that.

I agree, but I am not sure how post that is some dis against the Flyers. If anything it makes the Devils look bad that the only person willing to drop the gloves after that idiot Rinaldo went after their best players was Ilya. The whole team should have had Parise's back.

Osorio

I agree, but I am not sure how post that is some dis against the Flyers. If anything it makes the Devils look bad that the only person willing to drop the gloves after that idiot Rinaldo went after their best players was Ilya. The whole team should have had Parise's back.

Come on dude get real. Everyone else was tied up at the boards. Schenn was the one that challenged Ilya. What happens? Gets dropped.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He has to get the Loungo one removed first.
ck0slb0.gif

Holy shit

Huh. Yes we were. I was wondering why you seemed so familiar.

That series sure went to shit.

I think sefskillz was in that tourney, too, but I might be confusing him with someone else.

Aw, man. WE9 was awesome!

I wish hockey had an unpredictable Konami product competing against EA's latest bloodfart.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aw, man. WE9 was awesome!

I wish hockey had an unpredictable Konami product competing against EA's latest bloodfart.

well, there WAS the 2kx series at some point............ but it was nowhere near Konami's level. Also, FIFA has definitely overcome their Konami opponents and is now by far the leader. Sad, but true.

Also, I actually have nothing against the EA sports games, people who buy them every year expecting too much... meh. I buy them bi-yearly or so and I've fared well. 13 will be the... uh... 4th NHL I'll own, after 99, 03 and 11.

On a sidenote... Hockey-talk? Smack-talk? Fanwars? IN OUR HOCKEY OFFSEASON THREAD? Better keep it up guys, we'll have a whole year to fill, don't put aside your guns, this might get boring otherwise.

Welcome Osorio! Too bad our (only) other resident-NJ-fan, Cagey, wasn't here. You should stay, I think he's lonely.

Marvie_3

Banned
Also, I actually have nothing against the EA sports games, people who buy them every year expecting too much... meh. I buy them bi-yearly or so and I've fared well. 13 will be the... uh... 4th NHL I'll own, after 99, 03 and 11.
I don't think anyone who buys them every year expects much to change anymore, it is EA after all. I'd just be happy with a game that wasn't broken.

I don't think anyone who buys them every year expects much to change anymore, it is EA after all. I'd just be happy with a game that wasn't broken.

They only get a year of a dev cycle to add whatever features give them the most 'bang for buck'. Personally I look at it more as a subscription to new rosters and features. Like playing an MMO or something.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The cost of the games isn't much considering the amount of time I put into the games. Plus I need the new ones for club.

Marvie_3

Banned
They only get a year of a dev cycle to add whatever features give them the most 'bang for buck'. Personally I look at it more as a subscription to new rosters and features. Like playing an MMO or something.
It almost feels like they go in 2 year cycles with small updates in the middle. All the big additions have come in the odd number year games:

07 - Skill stick
09 - EASHL
11 - HUT
13 - Online GM Leagues

Even number years get you some bug fixes, new menus, and tiny new features like legends, broken sticks, and broken glass.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It almost feels like they go in 2 year cycles with small updates in the middle. All the big additions have come in the odd number year games:

07 - Skill stick
09 - EASHL
11 - HUT
13 - Online GM Leagues

Even number years get you some bug fixes, new menus, and tiny new features like legends, broken sticks, and broken glass.

13 is also getting True Performance Skating, which is supposed to be as big as Skill Stick. So really, we're getting TWO big innnovations in this year, and additionally we get actually meaningful presentation upgrades (from the looks of it), plus an AI overhaul and an overhaul of a lot of ingame-mechanics (how Rookies/Scouting works, e.g., with 6 categories instead of 3 and stars&percentages instead of a value out of 10). It should be a good year.

MPW

Habs Re-Sign Max Pacioretty [6 years, 4.5 AAV]

yes!!!!!!!!!!

see what happens when you don't have that clown PG as gm? what a great deal!

Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

Marvie_3

Banned
13 is also getting True Performance Skating, which is supposed to be as big as Skill Stick. So really, we're getting TWO big innnovations in this year, and additionally we get actually meaningful presentation upgrades (from the looks of it), plus an AI overhaul and an overhaul of a lot of ingame-mechanics (how Rookies/Scouting works, e.g., with 6 categories instead of 3 and stars&percentages instead of a value out of 10). It should be a good year.
I'm not sold on the skating until I can actually play the game. I was hoping it would end the figure skating nonsense but after seeing videos, it looks like it might make it worse.

Habs Re-Sign Max Pacioretty [6 years, 4.5 AAV]

yes!!!!!!!!!!

see what happens when you don't have that clown PG as gm? what a great deal!

Solid deal for the Habs.

In other hockey news, Cristobal Huet signed a 4-year deal with a Swiss club.

The fuck is with all this hockey(lol) talk. I've been playing Darksiders II for the last 2 hours and it's fantastic. Maybe I should save the rest of the game to play during the fucking lockout.

I was really disappointed the Top Gear crew didn't make an appearance in either the opening or closing ceremonies for the Olympics. Could have been epic.
The Royal Marines were probably ordered to keep them at least 50 miles away from London during the games.

They didn't want a triple decker smart car held together with duck tape to come crashing in and running over half the athletes.

Solo

Seriously, some serious sack lathering is due to Bergevin for this signing. Core stud signed until he's 30, eats 4 years of his UFA, great AAV, and Max is only 23 and is only going to get better. Could be a future captain. Mad respect to Patches too for signing a team friendly deal. Sorry Gally, but I think I'm gonna have to get a Patches jersey instead.

And on that note.....the thought of many years of Gally centering Patches..... fapfapfapfap

toro5741

So do you know why Kate Murray and co. are such dicks about trying to rebuild Nassau County or not really?

Nassau County politicians suck? At every step of the process one side of the aisle has been blocked by the other because nobody wants the other to get the credit it seems... That said Wang hasn't exactly been innocent in this endeavor either, although I'll give him credit - if he didn't buy the team when he did they'd probably be long gone.

As much as the Islanders really belong there, I'm rooting for a move to Brooklyn at this point - it'll make going to games so much easier for me, silly seating configurations be damned.

Osorio

Nassau County politicians suck? At every step of the process one side of the aisle has been blocked by the other because nobody wants the other to get the credit it seems... That said Wang hasn't exactly been innocent in this endeavor either, although I'll give him credit - if he didn't buy the team when he did they'd probably be long gone.

As much as the Islanders really belong there, I'm rooting for a move to Brooklyn at this point - it'll make going to games so much easier for me, silly seating configurations be damned.

I'm currently writing an article on the Islanders arena situation, and the Nassau County politicians part really boggles my mind. I can understand the public referendum not passing, but why would you turn down a deal that generates millions of dollars of revenue to your cash strapped county government? For the only professional sports franchise in your county at that.

I look at the Barclays Center being a temporary home while they build something in Nassau County. I mean I'm going to the preseason game in October just to check out this seating configuration because it seems crazy that you can't have seats on one whole side of the bowl. I'd like them to move to Brooklyn but there's no way that 14,500 seats is sustainable unless all tickets and luxury boxes are sold out. Even then, Wang would have to give up concession money or whatever to be a tenant in the building. Now it totally seems shortsighted to cut 200 million off the arena plan to get it to it's current configuration when 2 years later Ratner is begging the Islanders to play there.

Osorio

I was AC Milan. No remorse.

6 and a half years ago. Wow.

There was another tournament where I was Udinese. I am a fan of the underdog.

I still say it's the best soccer video game ever made. When I lost I felt I deserved it, and when I won I felt I earned it. Lag aside, it was all up to skill.

Top Bottom