• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

ShaneB

Let's go Caps. Ovi's soul was crushed. Either he rebounds and dominates... or the more likely scenario that he fades away completely and the Caps vanish off the standings. =(

calder

Going to be fun watching people try to take this away from Carey for the next few years.

I'm sure they will just say the Canadian defense was so good he wasn't *that* great. Like how the IIHF somehow gave Lundqvist top goalie, which is hilarious. Hiller was better than Lundqvist, Rask virtually identical (granted missing the semifinal).

EDIT: or Lundqvist got all-star team goalie, not sure. I was going off twitter which said he was named top goalie, which made no sense.

Canada is just too good. But it was expected. Finland surprised many, led by Teemu Selanne the MVP of the tournament and our hearts. Sucks for Russia though.

Can't wait for NHL HOCKEY to come back

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Canada is just too good. But it was expected. Finland surprised many, led by Teemu Selanne the MVP of the tournament and our hearts. Sucks for Russia though.

Can't wait for NHL HOCKEY to come back

Well, besides losing the crown jewel of the Olympics, they still got the gold and total tallies down... So they should be happy either way

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I will eat crow on Carter, he was quite good. This was a coming out party for Benn though, what a tournament for him. Doughty has raised his play to an amazing level. What a team.

I'm sure they will just say the Canadian defense was so good he wasn't *that* great. Like how the IIHF somehow gave Lundqvist top goalie, which is hilarious. Hiller was better than Lundqvist, Rask virtually identical (granted missing the semifinal).

EDIT: or Lundqvist got all-star team goalie, not sure. I was going off twitter which said he was named top goalie, which made no sense.
Price got goalie of the tournament, but yea, haters can eat shit now. Undefeated in 10 international games, MVP in the WJ's, Calder run, and Olympics. People laughed and gave me shit when I said he was a top 5 goalie.

Red_Man

Jeff 'Pablo Escobar' Carter was pretty impressive.

I wish Doughty wasn't stuck playing for a Sutter.
Not sure if he raises his game this much, or if Sutter really holds him back, but I've never seen Doughty play this well. He was incredible, and every time I've watched the Queens this year he's seemed average to good. If Sutter is really holding him back that much, he should be replaced.

I guess I'm of the same mind, Red. I don't watch many Kings games so my exposure to his game is pretty limited, but wow, he never looked flustered, impatient, desperate.

1904076_10152481429267345_1743567583_n.jpg

Looks good on ya kid.

dem

Doughty looks lazy for most of the season.. if you ask me.
He turns it on when the games matter. Just a natural talent.

zroid

Banned
OLYMPIC HOCKEY IS FINALLY OVER BRING ON THE NHL

Think hockey players would rather win gold or the cup?

I think if they already have one, then they'd want the other more. But for players who have neither, it would probably vary depending on the person and where they're from.

I bet for most athletes from countries where hockey is part of the culture like Canada and Russia, they'd want gold more. You have an entire country behind you.

Holiday

Banned
At least the Blues' players made it through without horrible olympic injuries (except for the giant hole in Halak's psyche, but that was already there). Armstrong needs to get a goaltender or fire himself.

I think if they already have one, then they'd want the other more. But for players who have neither, it would probably vary depending on the person and where they're from.

I bet for most athletes from countries where hockey is part of the culture like Canada and Russia, they'd want gold more. You have an entire country behind you.
Eric Brewer has a gold medal, which should be incontrovertible proof that a gold is inferior to the Stanley Cup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I'd rather have a cup than a gold medal.

Samyy

At least the Blues' players made it through without horrible olympic injuries (except for the giant hole in Halak's psyche, but that was already there). Armstrong needs to get a goaltender or fire himself.

Eric Brewer has a gold medal, which should be incontrovertible proof that a gold is inferior to the Stanley Cup.

Brett Lebda has a Stanley cup ring, doesn't freaking Nick Kpryeos have one too?

Red_Man

Asking to choose a Cup or gold medal is like being asked which of your children you love the most.

Hopefully Subban comes back and tears it up after getting shafted.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Asking to choose a Cup or gold medal is like being asked which of your children you love the most.

Hopefully Subban comes back and tears it up after getting shafted.

As much as I wanted Subban to play and felt he should have played was he really shafted when the team won gold and only gave up 3 goals?

Red_Man

As much as I wanted Subban to play and felt he should have played was he really shafted when the team won gold and only gave up 3 goals?
Thats true, but he's still clearly better then some players. Same with MSL, it's hard to be upset with their exclusion when they won gold, but the exclusion is still perplexing.

Top Bottom