• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If it was 2006 Clarkson would have been named to the team.

I warned you bitches about Kunitz, now prepare for it with Clarkson.

YOU ALL WILL BE WITNESS!!!

YdMhU.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs called up Tinordi, surprised seeing as Beaulieu was assumed to be the one coming back. Excited to see the big guy play again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, with the Olympics over, welcome back to the Ryan Callahan Carnival of Stupid!

Boomer Esiason has been hinting at the Rangers making an "imminent" trade that could have the returning player in the Rangers lineup as soon as Thursday's game against the Blackhawks. Now, Boomer knew about the Del Zotto-Klein trade weeks before it happened, he has known about Ranger roster moves before they happened in the past, he's something of a Rangers insider, and he has very close ties to MSG, so he's a fairly reliable source, and he claims his source on this is about as close to Sather as you can be without actually being Sather.

Here's what he says:

1) It's a 1:1 trade, though there might be a conditional pick involved.
2) It's with an Eastern team.
3) Callahan would be a rental. The returning player is not signed "long term."
4) The returning player is a forward.
5) The returning player played in Sochi.
6) There are a number of players and teams he explicitly excluded that I'm not going to list out here.

Based on the exclusions he made, these seem to be the only players that fit all the criteria (though there might be a couple more depending on your definition of "long term"):

Detroit Red Wings
Daniel Alfredsson
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Tampa Bay Lightning
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Martin St. Louis

Philadelphia Flyers
Michael Raffl

But he also dropped a hint at a "reunion" which seems to leave only one logical choice, and that's Marty St. Louis, who would be reunited with Brad Richards. Unless, of course, it's Alfredsson reuniting with Lundqvist and Hagelin, but that seems unlikely.

For what it's worth, a few people including Bob McKenzie say nothing is doing on the Callahan/Girardi front and that the Rangers don't have any imminent trades in the works. So it's entirely possible that all of this could be total bullshit.

Sooo....it's gonna be a fun week and a half to the deadline!

Red_Man

Hard to see Tampa moving MSL after he was just named captain, unless there's bad blood between him and Yzerman regarding the initial Olympic roster.

Oh God the shitstorm if it is MSL (no reason at all for Tampa to break up the leagues most prolific scoring duo). I also imagine it will be Yzerman's head if it happened.

Red_Man

Whoever scheduled Buffalo-Carolina as the first and only game on Tuesday after the Olympic break should be fired.

Var

Now that my ps4 is out of commission, going to try to play some of my ps3 backlog, starting with Dark Souls.

pringles

Alright, with the Olympics over, welcome back to the Ryan Callahan Carnival of Stupid!

Boomer Esiason has been hinting at the Rangers making an "imminent" trade that could have the returning player in the Rangers lineup as soon as Thursday's game against the Blackhawks. Now, Boomer knew about the Del Zotto-Klein trade weeks before it happened, he has known about Ranger roster moves before they happened in the past, he's something of a Rangers insider, and he has very close ties to MSG, so he's a fairly reliable source, and he claims his source on this is about as close to Sather as you can be without actually being Sather.

Here's what he says:

6) There are a number of players and teams he explicitly excluded that I'm not going to list out here.

Based on the exclusions he made, these seem to be the only players that fit all the criteria (though there might be a couple more depending on your definition of "long term"):

Detroit Red Wings
Daniel Alfredsson
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Tampa Bay Lightning
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Martin St. Louis

Philadelphia Flyers
Michael Raffl

But he also dropped a hint at a "reunion" which seems to leave only one logical choice, and that's Marty St. Louis, who would be reunited with Brad Richards. Unless, of course, it's Alfredsson reuniting with Lundqvist and Hagelin, but that seems unlikely.

For what it's worth, a few people including Bob McKenzie say nothing is doing on the Callahan/Girardi front and that the Rangers don't have any imminent trades in the works. So it's entirely possible that all of this could be total bullshit.

Please don't be Tatar or Jurco.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God the shitstorm if it is MSL (no reason at all for Tampa to break up the leagues most prolific scoring duo). I also imagine it will be Yzerman's head if it happened.

I think that might not be a bad move.

MSL is getting on in years even though he is still producing, and the Lightning are a fantastic team (though buoyed by his success as well). They got some good young kids coming up, and I think getting a younger player with a draft pick in return would be a good investment for Yzerman.

Samyy

I think that might not be a bad move.

MSL is getting on in years even though he is still producing, and the Lightning are a fantastic team (though buoyed by his success as well). They got some good young kids coming up, and I think getting a younger player with a draft pick in return would be a good investment for Yzerman.

That would be the smart business decision, I just feel like he should retire with Tampa.

I could totally see shipping MSL out for someone with more years left. Nothing against the guy, he's still a hell of a player. But if we're talking long term success for Tampa it's a smart move.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Now that my ps4 is out of commission, going to try to play some of my ps3 backlog, starting with Dark Souls.

Nuuuuu :(

What happened?

P.S. go get Danganrompa if you haven't already.

Finally, time for real hockey to start again. Although, I don't know why I am excited, I'm a Flyers fan!

Here's what he says:

Detroit Red Wings
Daniel Alfredsson
Tomas Jurco
Tomas Tatar

Tampa Bay Lightning
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik
Martin St. Louis

Philadelphia Flyers
Michael Raffl

LOL... No.

ZeroGravity

Trading St. Louis is stupid for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Tampa is already stockpiled with good young talent. We're not moving Marty to get more of that, we're looking to move some of that depth for a top four defenseman, which is what we need.

You also don't trade your captain and an elite player when you're still in serious contention for a playoff spot and more. And Marty has a no-move clause and would likely veto any trade. And he really has no reason to hold a grudge against Yzerman anymore since he won his gold medal. And he wants to win another championship in Tampa.

It's a stupid notion.

Spl1nter

Kind of crazy that the trade deadline is only a week and a half away. Leafs better not fuck up. Either trade players with expiring contracts or know you will resign them, cant be losing assets for nothing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Bergevin is a "seller" at the deadline. I don't want to see one of our young defencemen traded for some loser.

Red_Man

I hope Bergevin is a "seller" at the deadline. I don't want to see one of our young defencemen traded for some loser.
I feel good about this deadline. As stupid as Therrien has been and as pointless as the Briere / Murray / Parros signings have been, Bergevin has stuck to his an of building through the draft and keeps saying he's going to keep at it. Both Tinordi and Beaulieu should be here after the deadline, I think he'll bring in some more picks and that's about it, but that's all we need right now.

ShaneB

I'm the same. Could care less about the NBA.

I'll watch a Raptors game here and there in the background, same with baseball and the Jays. But it's all about Hockey now, and come playoff time I'll generally watch as much as I can. And with no Football on sundays, I'll catch up on MMA events I don't watch live.

pringles

Trading St. Louis is stupid for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Tampa is already stockpiled with good young talent. We're not moving Marty to get more of that, we're looking to move some of that depth for a top four defenseman, which is what we need.

You also don't trade your captain and an elite player when you're still in serious contention for a playoff spot and more. And Marty has a no-move clause and would likely veto any trade. And he really has no reason to hold a grudge against Yzerman anymore since he won his gold medal. And he wants to win another championship in Tampa.

It's a stupid notion.
That twitter guy seems to be heavily hinting at it being MSL.

I'll watch a Raptors game here and there in the background, same with baseball and the Jays. But it's all about Hockey now, and come playoff time I'll generally watch as much as I can. And with no Football on sundays, I'll catch up on MMA events I don't watch live.

Yeah, I'll watch the Bulls if I'm really bored and flip on Sox games, but they're both so horrible to watch after watching the Hawks and Panthers. Those two have spoiled me lately.

Top Bottom