• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

ShaneB

Yeah, I'll watch the Bulls if I'm really bored and flip on Sox games, but they're both so horrible to watch after watching the Hawks and Panthers. Those two have spoiled me lately.

No love for the Cubbies?? Would be fun to see them do something. =(

But yeah, the Seahawks spoiled me this year, so I'll get use to the Caps doing nothing, and then the Jays stuck in mediocrity, and the Raptors look like a playoff spot is set, but then they'll get trounced I'm sure.

Sports are great.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_n1gdx3fPO71sizpq5o1_250.gif

I can't hold all these feels

awesome

ZeroGravity

That twitter guy seems to be heavily hinting at it being MSL.
Larry Brooks is saying otherwise:

Blueshirts’ general manager Glen Sather has inquired about a potential swap of team captains in which pending free agent Ryan Callahan would go to the Lightning in exchange for St. Louis, but Yzerman’s absolute lack of interest in dealing his leading scorer in exchange for a rental property has been made clear to the Rangers.
St. Louis for Callahan makes absolutely no sense for Tampa.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
It's believed St.Louis did ask #Lightning 4 trade when left off Canada. I'm told some #NHL clubs not sure if he still feels the same way now

:0

Whoever scheduled Buffalo-Carolina as the first and only game on Tuesday after the Olympic break should be fired.

It's a make-up game, remember the snowstorm a few weeks ago?

Daaaaamn if Kypreos is accurate

Anyone else go wow @ how small MSL looked lined up during the medal ceremony?

Samyy

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
It's believed St.Louis did ask #Lightning 4 trade when left off Canada. I'm told some #NHL clubs not sure if he still feels the same way now

Maybe he wanted to try and win a cup again.
As good as Tampa is I don't think they are really contenders, and how many seasons does he have left anyway?

Quick

Banned
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper

I wouldn't think putting him in Team Canada as a replacement would smooth things over between him and Yzerman completely. He really should've been part of the roster with Stamkos.

I can see him still being slightly bitter about being just a replacement, but that would be petty if that's why he'd still want a trade.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper

Holy shit.

It's a make-up game, remember the snowstorm a few weeks ago?
A cancelled game between Carolina and Buffalo? You'll have to excuse me if that battle of juggernauts doesn't immeadiately come to mind.

I like how Marvie always comes out of nowhere to shame wsox.

Marvie <3
Father just trying to set his son straight

Red_Man

Olympic thread got almost 350,000 views, impressive. I wonder how many people we turned away from ever watching hockey.

An MSL trade could be something fun. Wouldn't surprise me to see an MSL/Callahan trade, to be honest. St Louis to Pittsburgh for some defensive prospects could also be a possibility, IMO.

Red_Man

A few guys from the 4th Period are guaranteeing it doesn't happen, have a hard time seeing MSL still wanting to go through with it after winning, if it's even true.

ZeroGravity

The Lightning aren't trading for Callahan. That's even less likely than trading St. Louis. Yzerman isn't going after rentals and he's not going to give Callahan the ridiculous contract he wants.

pringles

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper

If that Boomer guy on twitter isn't completely BS'ing these are the possible players involved in a Callahan-trade as narrowed down by hfboards detectives:

Palat, Panik, MSL, Jurco, Nyquist, Voracek, Raffl, Grabner, Girgensons

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If that Boomer guy on twitter isn't completely BS'ing these are the possible players involved in a Callahan-trade as narrowed down by hfboards detectives:

Palat, Panik, MSL, Jurco, Nyquist, Voracek, Raffl, Grabner, Girgensons

Grabner can be ruled out as the Rangers don't make trades with the Islanders (they've traded ONCE in the 40+ years since the Islanders' first season, and that was a prospect-for-draft pick trade of little consequence). Girgensons can be ruled out too as the Sabres are not willing to trade for Callahan when they believe they can sign him in July without having to give anything up.

Basically, it's MSL that Boomer's talking about. And at the very least I believe he's right that the Rangers would want to make that trade. St. Louis' name has come up a couple of times over the last two years or so now in Rangers trade rumors, so the idea that Sather would be interested is super believable.

Whether Yzerman would is another matter entirely. Personally, I'd be shocked if Yzerman would be willing to give him up for just a Callahan rental. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to do. Now if Callahan came with a contract, that might be a different story.

Red_Man

Wonder if Yzerman stepping down from Team Canada has anything to do with this MSL situation.

DON'T BE SO QUICK (hehe) TO JUDGE, CANADA.

D6oQLEk.jpg

Did you know the host country of the Winter Olympics is automatically allowed to enter mens and womens hockey?

Melbourne Winter Olympics 2034.

Top Bottom