• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

The marathon meetings that started yesterday to stop a lockout will pull through, you guys keep faith!

Seriously though the dick waving of which sides wants a lockout more is fucking stupid. Not even the illusion of wanting to avoid a lockout.

calder

Down Goes Avery
Saw this on Deadspin: games lost due to labor since 1992 by sport -
NFL: 0,
NBA: 504,
MLB: 938,
NHL: 1,698
Yeah that's fucking crazy. I knew it was bad but not that bad.

Oh Jets put out a large offer for Kane to think about tonight before the deadline. Well, Kane's agent I guess, according to Evander he's basically a disinterested observer of the negotiations. ;). Sounds like it might be done...

gary lawless (@garylawless)
2012-09-15 9:11 PM
Great news for #nhljets fans - I'm hearing this kane deal might get done. Real close. Stay tuned #nhl

WOOOOO HAPPY OFFICIAL LOCKOUT DAY, TIME TO PARTY!!!

4MOtt.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, I guess this delays the end of Detroit's playoff streak.

Erdrick

Yeah that's fucking crazy. I knew it was bad but not that bad.

Oh Jets put out a large offer for Kane to think about tonight before the deadline. Well, Kane's agent I guess, according to Evander he's basically a disinterested observer of the negotiations. ;). Sounds like it might be done...

gary lawless (@garylawless)
2012-09-15 9:11 PM
Great news for #nhljets fans - I'm hearing this kane deal might get done. Real close. Stay tuned #nhl

Yeah, Evander Kane signed just before the old deal expired. I hear 6 years, 31.5 Million or something like that? Super glad that we have him locked down, because on a purely talent level and potential, he has it in spades, and I would love to be able to watch him grow and mature here in Winnipeg into one of the NHL's best forwards.

Sucks that it has come to this, CBA-wise, but at least I can look at some positives for the Jets. Zach Bogosian can have time to recover from his surgery and Alexander Burmistrov, amongst other players were sent to our AHL and OHL affiliates. Meaning Burmistrov can actually improve himself and get better as he was meant to before the stupid Atlanta Thrashers management nearly ruined him by rushing him up to the big leagues before he was fully ready.

This could be a looooong winter... (I had a decade and a half of no NHL hockey here in Winnipeg, so I guess it'll be kind of like that again. After the excitement that was last year though... Gonna be hard to go back to no NHL.)

Top Bottom