• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

What's funny is that of all people, he is basically a hero around campus here.

th

This bobblehead is apparently one of the top selling bobbleheads at the Sioxu shop.

Curufinwe

If the playoffs started today:

Red Wings @ Capitals
Rangers @ Islanders
Penguins @ Panthers
Lightning @ Bruins

Wild @ Stars
Blackhawks @ Blues
Predators @ Kings
Sharks @ Ducks

Battle of New York seems increasingly inevitable. Just a matter of who gets home ice.
Even though the Rangers will have home ice either way, mwahahaha!

The Flyers are ahead of Detroit right now.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?repor...0152016&gameType=2&sort=pointPctg&aggregate=0

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No changes to the draft lottery coming. This fucking league.

Meanwhile, expansion draft info:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 4m 4 minutes ago
Expansion draft potential. Each team has option of protecting 3d, 7F and I goalie or 8 skaters +1 goalie. Expansion determined before draft

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m 3 minutes ago
GM's told expansion decision expected before June draft. If expand by 1 team, each team loses 1 player...if two teams, 2 players.

And with escalator, cap is expected to be $74m next season. Flat cap if the escalator is not used.

It's either him or a guy much older who is good but is looking better because he is inflating his points with Kane.

I'd go with Ghost Bear personally.

It's makes you wonder if he didn't pick Chicago and he didn't get paired up with Kane, would he still be in the same position as he is now? Because frankly I don't think Panarin is worth the Calder. There's plenty of Rookies better than him that deserve it more like GhostBear and Larkin. They earned it.

Panarin hasn't. It feels like Kane is just pumping his stats.

calder

Nevermind. This is the most famous person from my hometown :(

Nothing to be even remotely embarrassed by, Kim Mitchell was fucking awesome. Even for the times he was incredibly dorky, but he made great music and he certainly knew he was an awkward goofball.

I challenge anyone to watch (Might as Well) Go For Soda beginning to end without cringing so hard you pass out. The last few seconds of that video alone, my god so bad.

calder

LeBrun:

Bottom line on expansion draft as a few GMs said: each team has potential to lose either a No. 4 or No. 5 D, or a No. 6 or No. 7 F or a G
All of the potential scenarios showed today all had one goalie max protection in expansion draft

Enjoy the AHL for a couple of years Comrie! If if came up I would guess we keep Pavs next year as a backup to Hellebuyck, keep Comrie in the A and obviously protect Hellebuyck.

That's me assuming that you can only protect one goalie already in the NHL or on a 1 way contract or however they determine that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Therrien will jump in front of a bullet to protect DD in the expansion draft and Bergevin will jump in front of that bullet to protect Therrien.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LeBrun:

Enjoy the AHL for a couple of years Comrie! If if came up I would guess we keep Pavs next year as a backup to Hellebuyck, keep Comrie in the A and obviously protect Hellebuyck.

That's me assuming that you can only protect one goalie already in the NHL or on a 1 way contract or however they determine that.

Canucks protect Horvat, Markstrom and the rest can get fucked

Sedins retire

100 years of darkness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
1st and 2nd year pros exempt. Fuck that terrible. Cats are mainly 3-4th year guys. Could be perilous.

Hmm, I wonder how they calculate this. For example, is a player like Dylan McIlrath, who played a couple of games last season and became a full-time NHLer this season (even if he's not in the lineup full time), vulnerable in this draft because he'd technically be entering his third season in the NHL, or is he protected because he is technically considered a rookie this season?

Curufinwe

Pro includes AHL, so he wouldn't be exempt.

1st and 2nd year pros exempt. Fuck that terrible. Cats are mainly 3-4th year guys. Could be perilous.

If the expansion draft was in 2018 the Flyers might have to choose between protecting Sanheim and Morin, but I think it'll be 2017. The stadium in Vegas opens next month so they are ready to go.

Curufinwe

In points percentage, yes. The Flyers are in a promising position if they can maintain that. In actual points, though, you guys aren't there yet, and the actual points are what counts.

Personally I think the Flyers will likely make it, but it'll still require breaking the Red Wings' voodoo curse.

Actual points are only what counts at the end of the season when every team has played 82 games. Until then, I'll take being ahead on Points% any day of the week.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmmmm we can get rid our selves of PHAGOOFS and Babbys terrible contracts.

3 Dman most likely being Norrisson, Chabot, Ceci

7Forwards : Turris,Stone,Hoffman(pls) White, Zibby, Pageau, maybe Smith or Lazar lol

Yawnier

Banned
The leafs are rebuilding at the best time

All our players will be exempt lololol

Some of the marlies and young guys who will be in their 3rd or 4th year pro won't be exempt tho

Though most of the marlies prospects who will be in their 3rd or 4th season as a pro next season (16-17) and who haven't made the leafs yet aren't anything special.

It does make me a bit concerned we could lose a prospect like Connor Brown or Leipsic who will be in their 3rd season as a pro.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Actual points are only what counts at the end of the season when every team has played 82 games. Until then, I'll take being ahead on Points% any day of the week.
Sure, but there's also the remote possibility that you go full Habs and never win again. :D

Also, I'm super interested who the Rangers would protect on D. Brady Skjei should be immune, but otherwise the remaining D-men, assuming Yandle is not re-signed, would be:

McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Klein, McIlrath

This seems like a golden opportunity to ditch one of Girardi or Staal's contracts. I'd guess they protect McDonagh, Staal, Klein.

Forwards: Brassard-Zuccarello-Nash-Stepan-Kreider-Hayes-Miller (swap out one of the last three for Eric Staal if he's miraculously signed)

Goalie: who do you think?

zroid

Banned
Some of the marlies and young guys who will be in their 3rd or 4th year pro won't be exempt tho

Though most of the marlies prospects who will be in their 3rd or 4th season as a pro next season (16-17) and who haven't made the leafs yet aren't anything special.

It does make me a bit concerned we could lose a prospect like Connor Brown or Leipsic who will be in their 3rd season as a pro.

Lou will lock them the same dungeon that Robidas is in

if other teams want them, they'll have to find them first!

---

in other news, with Uncle Leo being out for a while, wonder if Connor Brown will be emergency recalled

Delryk

Lou will lock them the same dungeon that Robidas is in

if other teams want them, they'll have to find them first!

---

in other news, with Uncle Leo being out for a while, wonder if Connor Brown will be emergency recalled

players are getting injured but the team is getting better..... Noooooooo!!!.. we need to loooooose... :(

CF%
2014-15 after 68 gp = 46.3%,
2015-16 after 68 gp = 51.8%

imBask

Banned
how much will the Canucks throw at Lucic? 5M per? 6?

Plekanec just signed 2 years for 12M so you know his agent will use that comparison

Top Bottom