• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

the draft article was certainly interesting. not shocked to see the hawks where they are. Their drafting has been very solid over the past several years. A lot of very solid prospects who could play at the NHL level. Lack of a "Premier" prospect but a lot of solid young kids with varying ceilings.

Marvie_3

Banned
the draft article was certainly interesting. not shocked to see the hawks where they are. Their drafting has been very solid over the past several years. A lot of very solid prospects who could play at the NHL level. Lack of a "Premier" prospect but a lot of solid young kids with varying ceilings.

I love how the Mike Smith drafts drag them down so far. :lol

Their drafts in recent years have been really good. Brandon Saad is pretty close to a "premier" prospect. He's killing it in the OHL this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see him up in the 'Hawks top 6 next year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They are going to get bounced in the 1st round. Why worry?

Do you cry at night?

They'll finish second in the west anyway, they just wanna stay healthy... I just hope they'll pick it up again once the playoffs start.

Thread is being locked temporarily.

Segments of the NBA-GAF community have been persistently demonstrating hostility toward the rest of the forum, especially toward female members, and an inability to abide by the ToS in general. If you want to be free of the requirements of civility and respect toward other members, or if you do not want to be a part of NeoGAF as a whole, then I suggest you find somewhere else to go.

When the thread is re-opened the moderation team will be monitoring it heavily and taking action as appropriate. Do not create any temporary/substitute threads to hold discussion in the mean time. Apologies to those not party to this behavior who are being disrupted by the thread closure.

So can anyone explain what they've done or is this just more "mess with the sports fans" from the mod crew?

Revenant

So can anyone explain what they've done or is this just more "mess with the sports fans" from the mod crew?

don't they call themselves BEST GAF? wouldn't be shocked if something happened to bite them in the ass..

someone from NBA GAF said this in the NFL thread

I'm coming here from NBA-GAF...

Its warranted. There's a lot of shit that is said by users in there that is simply inappropriate. The basketball discussion is okay, but the hostility toward newer users as well as the inappropriate and immature discussion that sometimes goes on there are problems.

They are going to get bounced in the 1st round. Why worry?

Do you cry at night?

Your division sucks so bad that it is not like it matters if you guys keep losing now, you are pretty much guaranteed second place unlike us who keep falling thanks to St. Louis, Nashville, and soon be passing us Chicago. :/

The lockout drove NBA-Gaf crazy.

I figured that was just what basketball did to fans in general. It destroys them all!!!

Or it was Lebron leaving Cleveland that caused the NBA fans to ultimately destroy themselves or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
They slept with each other.
They've been doing that for years and never got injured. Well, Daniel banged his teeth together really hard one time and his jaw hurt but that was the only known injury.

Your division sucks so bad that it is not like it matters if you guys keep losing now, you are pretty much guaranteed second place unlike us who keep falling thanks to St. Louis, Nashville, and soon be passing us Chicago. :/
Can you fuckers at least drag Nashville down with you so Phoenix can swoop into the 4/5 matchup with Chicago? Do you have any idea how pissed I'm going to be if we don't play them in the first round?

Revenant

the few times I've gone in the NBA thread it always seemed the least welcoming and overconfident.

NFL thread is somewhat bloated due to the massive amount of posters but overall can be fun
NHL thread is probably the most welcoming, easy to fit right in here

at least in my opinion.

Can you fuckers at least drag Nashville down with you so Phoenix can swoop into the 4/5 matchup with Chicago? Do you have any idea how pissed I'm going to be if we don't play them in the first round?

Our goal is to make you as miserable as possible, so no we can not comply with that order.

the few times I've gone in the NBA thread it always seemed the least welcoming and overconfident.

NFL thread is somewhat bloated due to the massive amount of posters but overall can be fun

at least in my opinion.

We are so nice to people not named Tabris!

Marvie_3

Banned

at least in my opinion.
YEAH RIGHT GET OUT NOOBS
I'm pretty sure it was the actions of certain folks in that birthday thread that was the final straw.
Link?
Our goal is to make you as miserable as possible, so no we can not comply with that order.
Well, at least you finally found one thing you're good at.

Barrage

Baby, listen, let me explain.

I had to go for a little while...find myself. But it was just me trying to work things out. Experiment. I always knew, at the bottom of my heart, that NHL-GAF and I were made to be be together.

NBA-GAF meant nothing to me. I just couldn't take it anymore; I had to come home. Can you forgive me? Just this once?

Great. What's for dinner?

YEAH RIGHT GET OUT NOOBS

Link?

Well, at least you finally found one thing you're good at.

Why must you hurt me like this in my most fragile state with the Wings playing so badly, why!!!

Baby, listen, let me explain.

I had to go for a little while...find myself. But it was just me trying to work things out. Experiment. I always knew, at the bottom of my heart, that NHL-GAF and I were made to be be together.

NBA-GAF meant nothing to me. I just couldn't take it anymore; I had to come home. Can you forgive me? Just this once?

Great. What's for dinner?

Barrage
Modano is Satan.Modano is Bin Laden.
Modano is Lebron.
(Today, 03:43 PM)

Coincidence?

Doesn't matter, your division was shit for so many years and your team was dominating off these shitty teams in the past. Your team has been horrible the last few weeks and would be best to be bounced by either Nashville or San Jose, lol. I mean, I don't want to read the papers the next morning and hear about a detroit fan suiciding because they lost to Nashville.
You won't do that to me will you? :p
Except that Nashville might just sweep you guys.

They've been doing that for years and never got injured. Well, Daniel banged his teeth together really hard one time and his jaw hurt but that was the only known injury.

Well, you can't blame Daniel. He's been through lots of holes.

Doesn't matter, your division was shit for so many years and your team was dominating off these shitty teams in the past. Your team has been horrible the last few weeks and would be best to be bounced by either Nashville or San Jose, lol. I mean, I don't want to read the papers the next morning and hear about a detroit fan suiciding because they lost to Nashville.
You won't do that to me will you? :p
Except that Nashville might just sweep you guys.

But I enjoyed when everyone in our division sucked except us and we still rolled on through in the playoffs against harder teams. :(

Barrage

This one that got locked. AShep's and azn's posts in particular. I'm guessing that's where the disrespect towards women thing comes from.

So a thread got locked because Regulars posted off-side shit in a completely seperate thread? Uhhhh...

We need more regular Dallas posters, TurtleSnatcher has been mysteriously absent.

I don't blame him. It's one thing to lose because your team's shit. It's another thing to lose because your ownership's so jumbled they refuse to spend money. Luckily, the team is red-hot and back to te winning ways the Stars are traditionally known for.

Now all Gaglardass needs to do is buy up Parise and Semin in the summer, and it'll be Cup Runs for the rest of the decade.

Looks like a point was made about a different standard being held to the sports threads....

Solo got banned for a funny Canadian thread (PS He's Canadian) and somehow the "Gaf, I only eat pizza now" thread didn't get any flack. Then we get shit on for treating eachother like a community that has a common interest... because we do?

Go go arbitrary modding. Personally I though Bish's "Come on home boys" in the Philly sports fans thread a few months ago was the way to go. People in the general OT were being assbags who would rather shit on Sports-Gaf so I have no problem keeping it here, but there SHOULD be different standards here then. We don't generally go into other threads saying how stupid the entire topic is, but sports threads regularly devolve into "LOL. Sports are dumb."

Socreges

Banned
So the the NBA thread is Germany. NBA-GAF are the Jews. The mods are the Nazis. And the NHL thread is... Poland?

Wait... that means.... :(

Can we be Switzerland instead?

Hello people! Go thrashers!

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint-300x225.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

at least in my opinion.

When I first started posting in this thread I remember one of Sens-GAF saying to me "Who the fuck are you" :lol

Can't rememeber who it was though.

Socreges

Banned
Looks like a point was made about a different standard being held to the sports threads....

Solo got banned for a funny Canadian thread (PS He's Canadian) and somehow the "Gaf, I only eat pizza now" thread didn't get any flack. Then we get shit on for treating eachother like a community that has a common interest... because we do?

Go go arbitrary modding. Personally I though Bish's "Come on home boys" in the Philly sports fans thread a few months ago was the way to go. People in the general OT were being assbags who would rather shit on Sports-Gaf so I have no problem keeping it here, but there SHOULD be different standards here then. We don't generally go into other threads saying how stupid the entire topic is, but sports threads regularly devolve into "LOL. Sports are dumb."
Dude. What?

Solo got banned for a parody thread, which has always been bannable. "I only eat pizza", so far as I know, wasn't a parody thread.

And who's getting shit for treating each other like a community? Being hostile towards other people (which apparently was the case with NBA-GAF) is what's bringing the hammer down.

When I first started posting in this thread I remember one Sens-GAF saying to me "HOWDY WELCOME TO NHL-GAF ENJOY YOUR STAY" :lol

Can't rememeber who it was though.
EDIT EDIT SUPPRESS THE EVIDENCE

Now all Gaglardass needs to do is buy up Parise and Semin in the summer, and it'll be Cup Runs for the rest of the decade.

+ Suter and Weber. Forgot those. Everybody wants a piece of them.

I'd join all of the Leafs fans in their suicide pact.

We already have you beat. Sorry man. You are too late. :(

When I first started posting in this thread I remember one Sens-GAF saying to me "Who the fuck are you" :lol

I got that too but wasn't from a sens fan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom