• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just looked through the matchups on nhl.com

Howard>Hiller according to them. el oh el.

I love how so many players are participating in the little team-fights for the vote. Great idea by EA for once, and great humour by the players.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm already in baseball mode. Home opener can't come any sooner. My tickets are ready.
Baseball?

KMw1R.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Not even angry tonight, just really fucking depressed =/ What a sad disappointing feeling. Panthers missing the playoffs is a very real possibility at this point.

Puddles

Banned
Not even angry tonight, just really fucking depressed =/ What a sad disappointing feeling. Panthers missing the playoffs is a very real possibility at this point.

It seemed to me that a lot of their early success was built around Kris Versteeg, you know... doing stuff. He was a top 10 scorer in the league early in the season. With him not really doing shit in the second half, the team looks much weaker.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
It seemed to me that a lot of their early success was built around Kris Versteeg, you know... doing stuff. He was a top 10 scorer in the league early in the season. With him not really doing shit in the second half, the team looks much weaker.

He's been flat out awful since he came back from injury. Not sure where he was tonight, but he was playing 3rd line last night... he'd be helping us more by just sitting on the bench.

He's been flat out awful since he came back from injury. Not sure where he was tonight, but he was playing 3rd line last night... he'd be helping us more by just sitting on the bench.

He was 2nd line ( Wolski, Versteeg, Kopetski). Since he started slumping late Dec./ early Jan, it hasn't been the same. That time was also when Theo was injured and then the " trials of Clemmensen" started. During that time is when you see the high shots/ low goals play emerge. Also Cemmens wasn't up to task and the 5 min deficit started. Markstrom also re-injured his his knee and we were left with Clemmen and Foster, the back-up AHL goalie.

Even before Versteeg left with the injury he showed flashes of coming back. More importantly the Flash/ Versteeg combo still had a lot of chemistry and could produce goals on a reliable clip. Now, that chemistry is gone and Versteeg looks lost on the ice. Take the Oilers game last week, Versteeg had a couple wonderful chances including the opportunity to win the game but nothing, not even an assist. He hasn't scored a goal since Feb 12 and last night was his 1st point since coming back (22 goals 50 pts on the season). I wish there was a longer stretch that the panthers could just retool and try to link up that Flash/ Versteeg combo but every game is 48hrs apart.

If the Cats want to make the playoffs the offense needs to come back. More importantly if they want to actually do well vs the Devils they need the offense to be able to bail out the D-men and the goalies.

Oh and my last post was brought to you by Appleton Estate rum and Publix ice cream. My head is killing me right now.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A matinee game on the road against the Islanders... my god, it's like the least-appealing game of the season. And the Bruins will probably lose.

If we do not make it in 4th place this year, I really hope we just drop down to 6th, so step your game up Hawks!!

no credit for the mighty preds
butt_sex.gif
butt_sex.gif

PREDS BANDWAGON BEGINS NOW

I didn't watch the game because I totally forgot it was already on by the time I realized it, plus I am really not in a mood of congratulating or giving credit to other teams at the moment.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Heh.. for pro Baseball I think you're right. :D

Yup for baseball. Honestly this year's Jays are some lovable bunch of guys. If as a Canadian baseball fan you hate on them just because Toronto is in the name something is wrong with you.

They done you no harm. And are actually making real efforts to get out through all of Canada to build the brand.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man these Chevrolet commercials make me want to punch a disabled dog right in the mouth.
Why do Canadien commercials suck so much compared to the american ones, we have the same commercials for the past 8 months. The crappy Chevrolet one, the stupid ass Tim Hortons ones and the Mcdonald one with stupid bitch humming some bitch ass song.

/rant

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Man these Chevrolet commercials make me want to punch a disabled dog right in the mouth.
Why do Canadien commercials suck so much compared to the american ones, we have the same commercials for the past 8 months. The crappy Chevrolet one, the stupid ass Tim Hortons ones and the Mcdonald one with stupid bitch humming some bitch ass song.

/rant

All commercials suck. It doesn't matter what country it is from.

Cake Boss

Banned
All commercials suck. It doesn't matter what country it is from.

You haven't watched enough Canadian television, their commercials make the Americans ones look like HBO programming.

Sure commercials suck but at least make them interesting and engaging and stop rehashing the same one and shoving it down our throats for 8 months straight.

Cake Boss

Banned
Alfie my god is there a better a captain in the NHL right now, so fucking clutch when the team needed him the most, 2 goals against Pits, 2 goals against Jets and so far already 1 goal and assist in the 1st.

Montresor

I hope the silly Toronto media doesn't blow up again after the Leafs lose today. No one should care anymore. The season is over, and the Leafs suck. Write off the season and hope we win the lottery. This is a team that has no confidence in itself anymore.

It's sickening listening to local sports radio in the past few days. That imbecile Millard throwing lines around like "will the locker room follow Phaneuf next season?" I need to get this out there right now: Phaneuf played like a great captain for the first half of the season. He laid out monstrous, clean bodychecks, he played well defensively, and put up good numbers on the power play. Then the entire team fell off a cliff. You can't the blame that on Phaneuf. Phaneuf has played poor recently but so has the entire team. This is an inexplicable collapse that you can't really pin on any one player. And I think that even if Phaneuf was playing all of his 25+ minutes with Norris-calibre play, the Leafs would still be losing nearly every game. Not even Lidstrom could lead this bunch of losers.

shit like this puts lots dependency on goaltending solidifying the chances of teams like the Blues that posses two good goalies to be finalist contenders.

Flyers can't win the cup like this

Socreges

Banned
zedge getting lost in different threads was fucking amazing. Was reading it on secondapp while out last night and couldn't stop laughing. It was like the neogaf form of a friend of yours, lost and drunk, obnoxiously knocking on stranger's doors. But funnier.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope the silly Toronto media doesn't blow up again after the Leafs lose today. No one should care anymore. The season is over, and the Leafs suck. Write off the season and hope we win the lottery. This is a team that has no confidence in itself anymore.

It's sickening listening to local sports radio in the past few days. That imbecile Millard throwing lines around like "will the locker room follow Phaneuf next season?" I need to get this out there right now: Phaneuf played like a great captain for the first half of the season. He laid out monstrous, clean bodychecks, he played well defensively, and put up good numbers on the power play. Then the entire team fell off a cliff. You can't the blame that on Phaneuf. Phaneuf has played poor recently but so has the entire team. This is an inexplicable collapse that you can't really pin on any one player. And I think that even if Phaneuf was playing all of his 25+ minutes with Norris-calibre play, the Leafs would still be losing nearly every game. Not even Lidstrom could lead this bunch of losers.

Part of the media here, it's what will get people listening/watching right now.

The only thing I've really not liked was Lance Brown calling out Phaneuf in an interview with him. Not for the real questions he asked him, as part of the media it's fine for him to do that. But the fact he went on TSN radio later in the day and basically admitted he only asked that because he only gets to interview the Leafs once or twice a year so he doesn't have to worry about any repercussions.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Part of the media here, it's what will get people listening/watching right now.

The only thing I've really not liked was Lance Brown calling out Phaneuf in an interview with him. Not for the real questions he asked him, as part of the media it's fine for him to do that. But the fact he went on TSN radio later in the day and basically admitted he only asked that because he only gets to interview the Leafs once or twice a year so he doesn't have to worry about any repercussions.

Now THAT is classless.

Wishing for Grigorenko isn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom