• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This thread is so weird without the usual Leafs fans in it. Plus, this thread wasn't started by a Leafs fan :(

cashman

Banned
Seems to be the more appropriate thread

Joe Nieuwendyk is out as the Stars GM.

Jim Nill from the Red Wings is the new guy. I don't really follow hockey, but is this a good move? Twitter seems to think so.

Draft Lottery odds:
  1. FLA (25%)
  2. COL (18.8%)
  3. TB (14.2%)
  4. NSH (10.7%)
  5. CAR(8.10%)
  6. CGY (6.2%)
  7. EDM (4.7% 100.0%)
  8. BUF (3.6%)
  9. NJ (2.7%)
  10. DAL (2.1%)
  11. PHI/PHX (1.5%)
  12. PHX/PHI (1.1%)
  13. WPG (.80%)
  14. CBJ (.50%)

Seems to be the more appropriate thread

Joe Nieuwendyk is out as the Stars GM.

Jim Nill from the Red Wings is the new guy. I don't really follow hockey, but is this a good move? Twitter seems to think so.

Stupid for us, Jim Nill is considered an amazing assistant GM for us, he being gone is going to hurt come draft time since that is usually when he shines with getting drafted players.

Marvie_3

Banned
Stupid for us, Jim Nill is considered an amazing assistant GM for us, he being gone is going to hurt come draft time since that is usually when he shines with getting drafted players.
isCXvoy3FEz0O.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Interesting tidbit from Corey Pronman, a scout who posts regularly on twitter about prospects:

With final bottom 10 standings in place, should note that NHL scouts I've talked to feel the "top tier" of the draft runs 7-8 players deep.

Finally get to put this season in books, burn it and never speak of it again.

This season though may in the long run be a blessing rather than a curse. If we do manage to get get MacKinnon I feel like it will be thee final piece in putting together a cup worth team in the long term, and perhaps even a consistent successful club.

Huberdeau's season is the most positive that can be said. The kid has all the proper tools and has an uncanny composure in high tension situations. He's played both roles as a finisher and a playmaker, getting to the dirty areas and finding goals or making the perfect set-ups that lead to goals. He's an ace on he PP and always a threat on even strength. The point that I see most though is it isn't just high skill play that makes him a treat, it's his basic sense of the game. He can play his game is any situation and when the time is right, show off his talent to finish a play. Him getting Calder would be an icing but regardless he is as billed, a future star in this league.
HuberdeauPenaltyShotBryzgalovStickToss.gif

Rookie Class The other "silver lining" is that we got good lock at our top prospects in the big leagues and got a good feel for what they need to do or if they are ready.A few stand out to me as players who are ready:
Drew Shore- He came up as a call-up but quickly showed why he was an all-star player in the AHL and made a case for himself to be NHL ready. He plays an exceptional 200 ft game, getting time PP and PK and being a solid two way player on 5v5. His line with Mueller and Hubey in February was one of the hottest lines in league. He can make plays and has a nice wrister, although snakebitten in the goal department he has had a ton of chances playing against the league's best.

Jacob Markrstrom- Easily the starter of the future. His size and athleticism is amazing. Down-low his cross crease speed is one of the best in the league. He is still inconstant as a young goalie so I would much prefer to bring in Theo again and move out Clemmer.

Alex Petrovic- Big d-man who is more than comfortable with the puck. More importantly it is his pairing with Campbell that is paying off. Campbell is best when he isn't the one in the corners, which is why he and Garrison was such an excellent pairing. Campbell and Petrovic was easily the best pairing that Campbell has had this season. Petro can control the puck, jump in on the rush and cover defensively when Campbell pinches in. Add that to him being someone to stick up for teammates and able to throw the body, I hope he stays in the line-up next season

Howden and Bjugstad need time in the AHL to get their scoring touch and adjust to the pros. Bjugstad is much closer though.

Robak will be in interesting question as he is waiver eligible next season. He has the best shot of our d-men with an absolute cannon of slapper. So far Brennan is the better OFD. Tough call, maybe he is traded or gets to be the 7th d-man.

This year also proves it is time to start cutting the fat of the team. Think going forward to next season Kuba, Clemmer and maybe Parros need to go. Kuba is the worst d-man I've seen come through this club. Terrible in any situation. Clemmer isn't a fit anymore, we need someone who can carry the load when Marky has an off night or rough patch and challenge him for the starter. Theo is that guy, not Clemmer. Parros is simply a selective fighter, and really adds nothing else in is game. I'd prefer to keep Selleck and roll with Gudbranson, Petrovic, and Selleck any given night. Plenty of toughness every night.

Weiss The biggest FA we have and my felling is he walks or his rights are traded. End of an era but at the same time if we get Mac then the time has come for new blood. If he does walk I would hope Tallon looks at a stop gap center. Possilby Roy or Bozak. Though I would love Ribero to come in, his personality doesn't fit with what Tallon and Dineen are preaching in their roster.

Next year is a bounce back as we are getting Bergenheim, Versteeg, Jovo from surgery and ready to play. Plus the players will have a proper camp and conditioning to go forward to the season. Healthy i firmly believe we are a play-off team and will slot into the race. Long summer ahead but it is brighter times ahead. Get MacK Tallon, it is what we need.

Red_Man

I'm assuming you're the most passionate Panthers fan in the world Dubbed :lol, bravo sir.

Bergevin has 3 picks in the top 36, I'm hoping he can package them up with some prospects to move up. If we could land another impact player from this draft we'd be in an amazing position.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming you're the most passionate Panthers fan in the world Dubbed :lol, bravo sir.

Bergevin has 3 picks in the top 36, I'm hoping he can package them up with some prospects to move up. If we could land another impact player from this draft we'd be in an amazing position.

In Timmins I trust.

calder

Canada wins U18, really good game. First U18 gold since 2008

Who's going to be tanking in two years to get McDavid?

Red_Man

McDavid was named MVP as a double under-ager, had 14 points in 7 games compared to Tavares who had 5 in 7 at the age in the same tourney

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Draft Lottery odds:
  1. FLA (25%)
  2. COL (18.8%)
  3. TB (14.2%)
  4. NSH (10.7%)
  5. CAR(8.10%)
  6. CGY (6.2%)
  7. EDM (4.7% 100.0%)
  8. BUF (3.6%)
  9. NJ (2.7%)
  10. DAL (2.1%)
  11. PHI/PHX (1.5%)
  12. PHX/PHI (1.1%)
  13. WPG (.80%)
  14. CBJ (.50%)
Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

We should've fired him AFTER the draft lottery...sigh...

Draft Lottery odds:
  1. FLA (25%)
  2. COL (18.8%)
  3. TB (14.2%)
  4. NSH (10.7%)
  5. CAR(8.10%)
  6. CGY (6.2%)
  7. EDM (4.7% 100.0%)
  8. BUF (3.6%)
  9. NJ (2.7%)
  10. DAL (2.1%)
  11. PHI/PHX (1.5%)
  12. PHX/PHI (1.1%)
  13. WPG (.80%)
  14. CBJ (.50%)

Dont know how I missed this but I am feeling good about the Flyers 1% chance. Uncle Gary took care of the Pens with Sidney, hopefully he will do the same for the Flyers.

Philly media continue to pester Bryz during locker cleanup.

Ugh. Fire everyone and give Meltzer a monopoly on Flyers reporting.

edit: on lottery--Colorado wins for Jones. Book it.

I am sad I am missing out on Bryz being pestered. Fuck him he deserves it for sure.

tumblr_m3bduzqGzR1rsawgno1_500.gif

I like Bryz. But, he doesn't fit well with Lavy's system, and there's no way we can keep the contract. I want him for another season, then amnesty.

Favorite twitter image of today-- the Flyers vs. the Media:

BI9Xro-CEAI0uBT.jpg

I like Bryz. But, he doesn't fit well with Lavy's system, and there's no way we can keep the contract. I want him for another season, then amnesty.

I was so excited when they signed Bryz but I hate him now. He is such a wacko and I think he hasnt played anywhere near as well as he could have and last year it really killed the team since their offense was so good. The sooner they buy him out the better for me but one more year is fine if thats what they decide to do. I just want Mason to be the starter next year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah, pretty much this.

Unless that weird rumor about Ryan Miller coming here. But it was from Randy Miller so... yeah.

Solo

Canada wins U18, really good game. First U18 gold since 2008

Who's going to be tanking in two years to get McDavid?

The Edmonton Oilers are going to attempt to be the the first team in NHL history to roll two top lines composed entirely of 1st overall picks.

Hall-RNH-Yaks
2014 1st overall-McKinnon-McDavid

EDIT: Habs have 3 or 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, but I'd cream my pants if we sold a few of them to move up to get Drouin.

Top Bottom