• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

hao chi

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/719264880482783232?s=09

CftXaN1WsAAosr4.jpg:large

Heh, too accurate.

Socreges

Banned
bad choice man. if the realtor is a Leafs fan, he probably told you the house was the best and had a lot of potential, when in fact it's a complete dumpster fire with no defensive prospect
The house does need some work, so he recommended this contractor he knows. "He's expensive. And you'll need to give him 8 years. But once he's done I'm pretty sure you'll want to live in it."

I don't know much about this years class so I'm trying to read up, but it seems like picks are a little all over the place after the top 3. I don't really care who we pick, I trust Timmins, but I'd love for Bergevin to make a big move to get Laine, he's exactly what this core needs.
You sound like Creeper. What kind of package would get Laine without impacting the core? Better just win the first or second lottery pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You sound like Creeper. What kind of package would get Laine without impacting the core? Better just win the first or second lottery pick.
I never said it was likely, just the ideal situation. Depends on how the lottery shakes out.

zroid

Banned
I was reading something on Edmonton and saw this:

gX2Y1Fs.png

it's... actually astounding. As incredibly good as McDavid was in his half-season, there was essentially zero change to the team in terms of 5v5 offence.

Socreges

Banned

gX2Y1Fs.png

it's... actually astounding. As incredibly good as McDavid was in his half-season, there was essentially zero change to the team in terms of 5v5 offence.
What's the rest of the picture, though? Did they improve defensively?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

gX2Y1Fs.png

giphy.gif

Yessir. The market is insane right now, if you've heard. Terrible timing for us, but not necessarily any point in waiting.

I have; good luck!

That's part of the reason why my wife and I are looking to stay in the CV. We checked out a 2005 built 4500 sq ft house up here that was below 500. The equivalent in the CRD would be far out of our price range.

Socreges

Banned
I have; good luck!

That's part of the reason why my wife and I are looking to stay in the CV. We checked out a 2005 built 4500 sq ft house up here that was below 500. The equivalent in the CRD would be far out of our price range.
Dude. We just learned our offer was accepted. I'm terrified.

And I don't blame you in the slightest. 4500 SqFt house is pretty huge - a 2005 would be well over a mill in a good neighbourhood around here, easy. I'll just say that "ours" is half that size and above 500k to say the least. But we work in town so it makes sense for us.

Suicide Squad looks awesome, please don't suck.

Zach Snyder is awful, can't believe they gave him the keys to Justice League after MoS.

"Oh.. hey, there's an NHL Supercard. Lets check that out."

"Lets look at the cards they give me to start.."

Uninstalled.

I played that game all throughout 2014 and I fucking regret it.

Piece of shit HuT wannabe pay-to-win fuckstain of a cockgoblin archetype of f2p horsecum.

Suicide Squad looks awesome, please don't suck

Suicide Squad is the only DC franchise I care about. I'm fuckin' HANKERING for this movie to be good.

Ohh the NCAA final is starting now

North Dakota vs Quinnipiac

GO QUINNIPEG

Shop Jeb's glasses on him and you've got Jeb, yep. Can't unsee.

Please clap

Leaf Fan's Guide to the Playoffs

LA-NSH
Prefer Nashville to win, upsets of division winners may improve value of PIT 1st (also fuck LA)

ANA-SJ
Prefer San Jose, Sharks winning the Cup bumps SJ conditional 4th to a 3rd

uhhhhhhhh....

sports fans are mentally fucking ill.

That's so gutwrenchingly hilarious.

Dude. We just learned our offer was accepted. I'm terrified.

NICE NICE. Grats Homeowner McDebt Suburbia VII. I'm 30 and I'm single, chubby as fuck and in debt still. I own nothing and my landlord is begging me to sign a lease extension.

Socreges

Banned
That's great news! Congrats!
Congrats Soc. Hope the rebuild goes better than Vancouver's.
Thanks!

It has an aging core with some good prospects! Hopefully no long-term Luca Asbestos! Lolz!

NICE NICE. Grats Homeowner McDebt Suburbia VII. I'm 30 and I'm single, chubby as fuck and in debt still. I own nothing and my landlord is begging me to sign a lease extension.
Sounds like fucking freedom to me

Seriously though, i'm Plekanec's #1 fan but if he really does have a problem with Subban, he can fuck right off. Trade him and Pacioretty for a sack of potatoes, I don't care.

i dunno but I always feel douche vibes when he does an interview. Remember that incident last year where Subban was high fiveing people after a game and Plekanec and Subban gave each other the dirtiest of looks? Maybe that's the real rift in the locker room and Pacioretty is trying to cool both of their egos. It's just speculation though. Who knows really.

Solo

Zednik was so cool before McLaren killed him

You finally on the AGally train now, bask?

16 goals and 22 points in his last 22 games and no one in the NHL scored more goals in the final 2 months of the season (18) than AGally.

imBask

Banned
You finally on the AGally train now, bask?

16 goals and 22 points in his last 22 games and no one in the NHL scored more goals in the final 2 months of the season (18) than AGally.

I don't know. We've seen him have some good streaks and fall off hard before, if he can keep this up at the beginning of next year (assuming he won't play on the 4th line because of Desharnais), I think we'll have our #1 center

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

gX2Y1Fs.png

Hah! All they need is another soft, rushed, high scoring forward. Just one more. Their rebuild is almost over.

Cake Boss

Banned
My only guess is that the new ownership want their own guy that they can control, especially if a team like Edmonton gets Mathews they probably want to throw everything at them to get Nathews, Tippet might get in the way of that with reasoning.

imBask

Banned
unrelated to hockey, apparently people love Breaking Bad because it's a "white male power fantasy"

sometimes, OT makes me want to die

Yawnier

Banned
I can't believe he couldn't succeed with all the resources he had at his disposal!
Lol true

Arizona's management team actually seemed or seems good considering the situation they have been in for a while now with all the ownership and political bullshit.

They've been drafting decently and have made some trades that have benefitted them for the future like the Yandle trade and Rieder trade (thanks Deadmonton).

Like cake boss said though, it wouldn't shock me if they install some 'Yes Man' in his place.

unrelated to hockey, apparently people love Breaking Bad because it's a "white male power fantasy"

sometimes, OT makes me want to die

OTOH it is another chance to talk about one of the best shows of the past decade.

I loved it because it was (amongst other things) a serious meditation on the effects of evil within a personal community.

Solo

For my Habs GAF bros: my sister's boyfriend's mother is good friends with the Habs' sports psychologist and as such as privy to get him to get stuff signed. For Christmas 2014 they gave me a red Habs hat signed by everyone and last year at Christmas they gave me a white Habs hat signed just by Carey Price. Well, I just met my sister's boyfriend's mom for the first time at Easter and she was so nice and said the psychologist was making one last trip to Montreal for the season last week and that if I wanted I could send something and halve it signed and maybe personalized if I was lucky. I figured why not and sent my AGally jersey and asked if he could sign it to me and my girlfriend. This just arrived:

Pretty awesome.

Cake Boss

Banned
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Subban finishes interview. Gets challenged to hug Pacioretty if they get along so well. Subban walks right over and hugs Pacioretty.

lol the fuck??

What an insane market.

zroid

Banned
Friedman and LeBrun saying Maloney will be fired today, Tippett not going anywhere

edit: McKenzie says Tippett is going to get the Roy treatment. Dreger says they're going in an "analytics direction".

Yawnier

Banned
Sounds like John Chayka (26 years old groovy stats guru) will be Arizona's next GM or Tippett will get his own puppet/yes man

imBask

Banned
Sounds like John Chayka (26 years old groovy stats guru) will be Arizona's next GM or Tippett will get his own puppet/yes man

"I know we finished last again this year, but look at this statistic I found on hfboards, we're technically pretty damn good"

Top Bottom