• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Quick

Banned
Pretty sure logo/arena customization is a system of play more = progress more = unlock more options for everything. According to a video EA put up a week or two ago.

I actually maxed out all the stats for the team. I'm pretty sure I got every customization option possible. I basically made an NHL team.

Now that you mention that aspect of the game, I'm curious if they're holding back unlockable options for when you play Franchise mode. More accurately, I'm curious as to how much they'll be offering more options via paid DLC. lol

Also, I definitely acknowledge that this is a beta. So I don't expect everything to be available yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I actually maxed out all the stats for the team. I'm pretty sure I got every customization option possible. I basically made an NHL team.

Now that you mention that aspect of the game, I'm curious if they're holding back unlockable options for when you play Franchise mode. More accurately, I'm curious as to how much they'll be offering more options via paid DLC. lol

Also, I definitely acknowledge that this is a beta. So I don't expect everything to be available yet.

I call bullshit, NO WAY have you unlocked every single character/arena customization, your club and player would need to be prestige 2 for that lol

Socreges

Banned
Work or vacation?

I've never really thought of visiting Portland, but Portlandia's got me interested little. lol
Mini-vacation. Big beer festival here + camping on the coast. Not surprised that people in Ontario wouldn't make it over. Big journey for a relatively unassuming and forgotten city.

Loved Portland. I really almost never left. Was living in NYC at the time and wanted to transfer over after a two week visit/party trip. Had a roommate lined up and everything. Jetski in the afternoon and snowboard in the evening. Mount Hood is awesome. So many good memories. I need to go back.

Had fun in Seattle too but Portland is my fave on the West Coast.
I didn't even realize you could snowboard here... Now our "we could live in Portland..." is "Let's live in Portland"

Except we just bought a fucking house...

we're on a video game forum
Exactly. And NHL-GAF itself has a bunch of socially inept people. Tabris, Sanjuro, Red_Man, etc

I was able to sell my HeartGold complete in box in good condition for $65 here on gaf in the Buy/Sell Thread. It was nice.

Prices have gotten higher I assume?

Yeah I am scrolling through ebay and that was on the low side for just the cartridge and that isn't buy now price either, unless I have scrolled past a couple.

There are some cheap japanese versions of it but I need english text.

You are a good person.

Don Cherry is the Donald Trump of hockey.

Ignoring my avatar for a second (Which is where most of my hate comes from, especially since a good 95% of my favorite hockey players of all time are European) Don Cherry is the anti-thesis to Vin Scully. Both are relics of a past era in broadcasting. Vin survives, and Don Cherry is a shockjock that should have been kicked to the curb when Rogers took control of HNIC.

Though my hate for Don Cherry doesn't even reach the same pantheon that my hate for Ron Maclean does. Maclean is a fucking weasel, pure and simple.

Socreges

Banned
This brings back memories of when Mats Sundin accidentally threw his into the crowd, then that asshat Alfredsson mocked him.
Accidentally? Bahaha. Dude chucked it into the crowd and could have seriously injured someone.

Yes. Yes, he was. I hated him.
Alfredsson was solid. And him mocking Sundin was a hilarious moment that Leafs fans still somehow find so upsetting

No doubt due to his attitude on life.
And also his approach to other people, I'd say

On the subject of Tabris, I think one of two things is applicable with him:

1: What he's saying about himself is actually true, and if so, wow no wonder he's still single if that's the case.

2: He's actually a troll playing the long con game, if that's the case, then he needs some sort of help.

Chris R

When I read 11/22/63, the one line I remembered was when the main character said "Derry is hell"

Is this true?

Well, Derry is a fictional town so... And it was hell at the time, what with being infested by It and everything.

Also, don't forget to add me to the socially inept list!

Yawnier

Banned
When I read 11/22/63, the one line I remembered was when the main character said "Derry is hell"

Is this true?

If by Derry you mean Bangor then yeah probably, it is a blue collar, gritty city and there are American flags everywhere

Maine is all about the seafood, but I guess since you're from the Maritimes that's not a big deal to you :lol

There actually are some really good restaurants there. We once ate at a place out in bumfudge middle of nowhere about an hour out of Bangor and it was delicious.

Socreges

Banned
I should visit Portland again. Have been a few times but it was mainly for outlet shopping and the science centre.
I thought the house prices would be somewhat comparable to Vancouver/Victoria. Nope. The equivalent house and area in Vancouver would snag three times as much; Victoria, two times.

Foggy

Well GAF fitness threads or any fitness discussion in general is the most confusing shit ever. Is there a fitness equivalent of a nutritionist? I'd rather just go to them and just do what they say than listen to more inane arguments, livestrong articles, or random youtube bros.

Top Bottom