• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

iLLmAtlc

Well fwiw I made the jump from 7 to 10 and never looked back. It's a lot faster and all the features are still there from what I can see.

Tho these days I guess it's a little more sketchy since Cortana is gonna be permanent or some shit.

Well GAF fitness threads or any fitness discussion in general is the most confusing shit ever. Is there a fitness equivalent of a nutritionist? I'd rather just go to them and just do what they say than listen to more inane arguments, livestrong articles, or random youtube bros.

ya you're probably thinking of a personal trainer.

one of my friends uses one and he swears by it, but only because by pre-paying he kept going so he didn't waste his money.

I don't really think it's worth it tho, especially at the beginning when gains come really easy. If you follow any starting strength guide that incorporates squats, bench press, dead lift, shoulder press, etc, you should see progress pretty soon. If you're too lazy to goto a gym like me you can buy some dumbbells and do most of the essential exercises at home too.

You should also do some basic cardio, anything that gets your heart up like jogging or swimming even. When you get bored you could do some interval training, it's easily the best at losing fat I think.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I thought the house prices would be somewhat comparable to Vancouver/Victoria. Nope. The equivalent house and area in Vancouver would snag three times as much; Victoria, two times.

the only comparable GENERAL housing prices to Vancouver in North America are probably San Francisco and Manhattan... (outside of super-exclusive neighborhoods like Toronto Island or sth)

Marty was the Leafs last RFA so that's done with. Also since he was the Leafs last arbitration filing they have a 48 hour buyout window opening on Monday per General Fanager on Twitter. Wonder if they use it.

Socreges

Banned
the only comparable GENERAL housing prices to Vancouver in North America are probably San Francisco and Manhattan... (outside of super-exclusive neighborhoods like Toronto Island or sth)
Yes. But somewhat comparable. Thought a $2m would be, say, $1.4m. It was $600k...

Smiley90

It'd be kinda funny to be able to claim you bought a mansion for 400k in Vancouver

only you meant the OTHER Vancouver, of course

calder

I've met gaffers in person and we're all socially inept

I've met fallout a couple of times, he was disturbingly normal. Easily handled typical social interactions with various beer vendors and ticket takers while I hid in the corner hyperventilating.

Smiley90

My in-laws bought a MASSIVE house in Dunbar/Kerrisdale for 330k

in 1985

please tell me they still own it and are planning to sell it for 100x the price

my grandma's family used to own a mansion/villa at Lake Zurich (where houses all go >10Mio to unpayable), but they sold it like 30 years ago when prices were deflated

WE COULD BE SO RICH

Facts about Portland:
  • 26th most populated US city (ahead of Las Vegas, Baltimore, and Atlanta... why don't they get an NHL team).
  • Higher Asian population than African-American.
  • 2nd highest percentage of LGBT residents in the US.
  • Least religious city.
  • Big port (wheat, steel), lots of tech (Google, eBay, Amazon have offices), biggest employer is Intel, Nike has its global headquarters in Portland area
  • Most breweries and microbreweries in the world, best city for street food
  • One of the greenest cities in the world
  • Strongly Democratic
  • 3rd safest city in the US (2009)
  • One of the most transit- and pedestrian-friendly cities in the US, highest % of bicycle commuters
  • No sales tax
However, rents are going up (14% annualized), and vacancy is low. Median home price is $360,000 (in SF it's $1.12M), but that's up 20% from last year.

So it's basically Vancouver 15 years ago. 8.5 hours by train, might be worth looking into.

Smiley90

Facts about Portland:
  • 26th most populated US city (ahead of Las Vegas, Baltimore, and Atlanta... why don't they get an NHL team).
  • Least religious city.
  • Big port (wheat, steel), lots of tech (Google, eBay, Amazon have offices), biggest employer is Intel, Nike has its global headquarters in Portland area
  • Strongly Democratic
  • One of the most transit- and pedestrian-friendly cities in the US, highest % of bicycle commuters
  • No sales tax
However, rents are going up (14% annualized), and vacancy is low. Median home price is $360,000 (in SF it's $1.12M), but that's up 20% from last year.

So it's basically Vancouver 15 years ago. 8.5 hours by train, might be worth looking into.

unsubscribe

Quick

Banned
You're just foreign.

That look you give when Smelly ain't the one who dropped the racist comment at the meetup.

0ZCF4ML.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Facts about Portland:
  • Least religious city.
  • Strongly Democratic
  • No sales tax

Seriously, best US city. It should be exploding right now.

zroid

Banned
If these dont make that motherfuckin charmander show up more then i dont need them.

not the balance changes lol, but it's possible a charmander nest might have appeared near you. apparently many of the nests got re-shuffled a day or two ago.

Marvie_3

Banned
not the balance changes lol, but it's possible a charmander nest might have appeared near you. apparently many of the nests got re-shuffled a day or two ago.
Good. Hopefully they shifted the ones by my house. If i have to see anymore doduos or pidgeys or rattatas im gonna puke.

Top Bottom