• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

DAUG.gif

Thought this was a playoff thread... but the gif has a team for Cananadana in it.

zroid

Banned
These Sharks are better than the Sharks of two years ago, and these Kings are noticeably worse (lineup-wise) than two years ago.

The first round... Take it, it's yours!

Yeah but fewer "good" Kings means more Kings who will systematically injure your best players. That's how they beat you. Just like their wives.

Lucic is capable of injuring players and Dustin Brown is a pro at his peak at thugging it up. He does it all on the ice, I don't think he batters women like his teammates

Be careful, San Jose.

px2mCU7.gif

brownknee.gif

117rztg.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What happens if Brown and Lucic collide during the warm up? Does every knee in the building blow?

Acid08

Banned
Yeah but fewer "good" Kings means more Kings who will systematically injure your best players. That's how they beat you. Just like their wives.

Stoll is gone, we're way safer now tbh.

Lucic is the kind of player who will attempt to injure, not succeed, and take a major penalty for it.

Drew Doughty is clean, man. What you talkin' about?

Yeah Doughty was completely cleared of rape charges after insufficient evidence was found.

Just Brown and Lucic really. Stoll left and Jeff Carter has his cocaine problem under control. The defenseman who beat on his girlfriend left the country I believe. Kings are safer for Acid's sanity

zroid

Banned
Philly being at 51% seems ridiculous

I think that particular series is skewed a little by the math because the model weights recent performance more strongly than performance earlier in the season. Philly has been one of the top teams in the league for a couple months while playing for their lives, and Washington has kind of just been crawling to the finish line since they locked up 1st ages ago.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's the source on this model, anyway? I need equations, damnit.
A guy on twitter who does is own advanced statistical analysis of hockey teams, he's the one who has been creating those "sadness" charts all season, his twitter is https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath

Here's his explanation :

The current predictions assume a regular-season style goalie deployment, the playoffs are usually a little more concentrated.

And it's based on these stats from the last 25 games played

CfzNhRRWQAE_U3g.jpg:large

And on the other hand the NHL stat guys came up with this:

CfzS1vGW8AAafnf.jpg:large

:lol

KingBroly

Banned
The best timeline is the Capitals beating the Kings in the Finals

End the cycle.

But of course, no one wants us to win. You'd rather have your precious Kings win.

Calamari41

41 > 38

End the cycle.

But of course, no one wants us to win. You'd rather have your precious Kings win.

I actively want to Crapitals to win if the Ducks can't. My best friend is from DC and is a huge Caps fan.

End the cycle.

I would love the Caps to win it all if you beat us.

That isn't gonna stop the salt and shit talking during our series though

Top Bottom