• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Line_HTX

Man, if Jones outplays Quick in that series, and San Jose wins, Kings fans are going to be sooooooo salty. I'm gonna love it.

Jones, you say, hmmm??

3vh5vhB.png

Marvie_3

Banned
But but... no team could withstand the Ducks hitting game last year.
tee hee.....oh kesler

I haven't seen Weise do too much(Facebook Hab experts say he's a playoff player though) but fuck, Panik plays his ass off and makes things happen.
You havent seen Weise do much because Qtard scratches him for that shitlord Mashinter. Weise has been good when hes played.

Panik has been awesome lately. Theres no reason he shouldnt be in the lineup other than our coach being a fucking moron. If he'll sign cheap enough I'd love to re-sign him.

tee hee.....oh kesler

You havent seen Weise do much because Qtard scratches him for that shitlord Mashinter. Weise has been good when hes played.

Panik has been awesome lately. Theres no reason he shouldnt be in the lineup other than our coach being a fucking moron. If he'll sign cheap enough I'd love to re-sign him.
Are you optimistic or pessimistic about this impending series???

Clydefrog

Unbanned just in time for the yoffs! I feel like Duncan Keith.

Also, I don't feel shunned that my avatar wasn't included in the OP. Nope...

KingBroly

Banned
EA's NHL 16 had predicted that the following will happen:

2015-2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION WASHINGTON CAPITALS

They never get that hockey shit right, so we're fucked.

Acid08

Banned
Edit: derp

Surprised Rimer isn't getting it with how well he's supposedly played down the stretch

Reimer was never going to start. He was brought in to take the load off of Jones down the stretch and maybe come in if needed during the playoffs.

Clydefrog

Are we doing a bracket challengio? EDIT: NM THIS QUESTION

Acid, BTW, despite all of the roster changes (which I agree favors the Sharks), how do you answer Quick vs Jones? I think it may be the deciding factor.

Acid08

Banned
Are we doing a bracket challengio? EDIT: NM THIS QUESTION

Acid, BTW, despite all of the roster changes (which I agree favors the Sharks), how do you answer Quick vs Jones? I think it may be the deciding factor.

Jones is more than capable but unproven, and obviously Quick has the experience and pedigree. In 2014 Niemi had a .884 sv% and a 3.74 GAA. I would be incredibly surprised if Jones isn't a significant improvement on that.

KingBroly

Banned
Sports Net Canada dissected some stats, and based on the last 5 Champions, 3 teams are in the Top 5(10?) of 4 of 5 specific stats, so that trend ends this year, because no team is there in all 5 categories.

Those 3 teams are...
- The Pittsburgh Penguins
- The St. Louis Blues

AND...

- The 2015-2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION WASHINGTON CAPITALS

PillarEN

Do any of the stations in the US allow streaming outside the country? Without a cable subscription that is. NBC and CBC would be the main ones on my mind.

Futureman

any Pens fans here have thoughts on the first series?

It sounds like Fleury will play but there has been no confirmation yet. I'm guessing they are going to hold Malkin until Round 2 since we've been playing so well without him.

On NHL.com, when you do the Gamecast thing, there's a link to listen to the radio stream... anyone know if that should work with playoff games or will it be blacked out and I should try signing up for TuneIn or something?

Alucard

Banned
I only want Fleury to play if he's legit cleared and healthy. Not worth chancing long-term damage.

I'm cool with Malkin sitting out the series as well if he's not yet good to go. The Pens can beat the Rangers without him. I hope.

It's going to be interesting tonight.

Oh, and speaking of Fleury, here's some dirt-bag journalism from Rob Rossi about Fleury's health:

http://triblive.com/mobile/10276310-96/xxx-marc-penguins

If you're reading this, I want you to think about what we were discussing each time before the topic turned to our concussions.

Scarlett.

Estelle.

Veronique.

Those are a couple of lovely daughters your beautiful wife has given you.

Can't say for sure what will happen if you play Wednesday. Can only say you didn't seem like yourself Monday.

So I'll ask you again.

Marc, you're OK, right?

Never reading an article by this shitty blogger again after this scum pile.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So nervous. Dont think im gonna make it

If you pin your enjoyment of a sport on whether or not your team wins the championship, your life over the long run will be miserable even if you're a fan of the greatest dynasties in each sport. Just enjoy the ride, brah. Go on the run, drive in the sun, keep looking out for number one. You guys had an all-time season of entertaining hockey the whole way through. That's great even if you don't win a series!

Pikma

Banned
If you pin your enjoyment of a sport on whether or not your team wins the championship, your life over the long run will be miserable even if you're a fan of the greatest dynasties in each sport. Just enjoy the ride, brah. Go on the run, drive in the sun, keep looking out for number one. You guys had an all-time season of entertaining hockey the whole way through. That's great even if you don't win a series!
Imagine if he was from Toronto
or San Diego

Sick Phantom Planet reference brah

KingBroly

Banned

Easy for you to say when your team has won a Cup already.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Easy for you to say when your team has won a Cup already.

Looks like Fleury is starting. MAF and Zatkoff are the goalies for the Pens at morning skate.
Where did you see this? I haven't seen anything saying he will.

Edit: Morning skate doesn't mean much considering how little info they've given out. He's been practicing for a couple days now.

Top Bottom