• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II postponed until Jan 19 2018

Linkura

Release date change works for me. I think they could use some more time to work on it- at least the battle system- based on E3. Real bummer about the multiplayer miscommunication though.

mhayes86

I'm fine with this. I'm excited for it since I loved the DS and PS3 games, but I have a few games planned for Fall already, so this will help space it out for me.

All the people saying that this fall is packed.....what games am I not seeing? This November/Dec seems pretty barren to me. On PS4 anyway. There's the usual Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty/Need for Speed that you get almost every year, another Lego Marvel game, Battlefront 2, and......???? I'm not buying ANY of those, and none of them are directly competing with Ni no Kuni.

Jayveer

All the people saying that this fall is packed.....what games am I not seeing? This November/Dec seems pretty barren to me. On PS4 anyway. There's the usual Assassin's Creed/Call of Duty/Need for Speed that you get almost every year, another Lego Marvel game, Battlefront 2, and......???? I'm not buying ANY of those, and none of them are directly competing with Ni no Kuni.

For me The Evil Within 2, Destiny 2, Super Mario Oddysee, Wolfenstein 2, COD: WWII comes out around the same time this was going to come out. And I may not be finished with games from the past month such as Cuphead or FIFA 18 by then either.

kevin1025

Banned
It's a little disappointing, but with all of the major games and the Xbox One X, I'm okay with it! January is the perfect month for this game, and it's only a two month wait, which is cool! It'll only make 2018 even better, and thrive in the start of the year.

For me The Evil Within 2, Destiny 2, Super Mario Oddysee, Wolfenstein 2, COD: WWII comes out around the same time this was going to come out. And I may not be finished with games from the past month such as Cuphead or FIFA 18 by then either.

Ah, see of those games I'm only getting Mario, the other ones are not to my taste at all (I only vaguely remember hearing about Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein) Fair enough though, people have different tastes and this Christmas can be barren to me and packed to you/others. :)

October alone for me consists of:

Culdcept Revolt
Mario & Luigi: SS + BM
South Park: TFBW
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II
Nights of Azure 2

And September is an even worse onslaught.

higemaru

Probably a good thing to delay it since it won't get squeezed during the holiday season now. I like how January is becoming the month to release niche Japanese games. Hopefully Xenoblade 2 doesn't get delayed now.

Mudo

Just popping in with my feelings on this:

=(

It feels like this game is taking a VERY long time to get completed. I hope there aren't any giant problems happening internally. Can't wait for this game. In the end, I want it to be the best it can be, but the wait is tough...

Good. January date worked out well for the first game and that's one less JRPG I need to juggle in Q4. Net positive as far as I'm concerned.

BriGuy

Probably for the best, because it was being sent out to die otherwise. Delaying it until February or March might be even smarter.

eXistor

Thank god, too many games this year as it is, I really didn't have a spot free for another 60 hour rpg. I know I can buy the game whenever I want, but that's not how it works with me.

Shin-Ra

Evan Pettywhisker Tildrum's not best pleased ➟

trailer_thumb_announce.png

Namdai probably need a few more months to update the English website with E3 media.

Doubtful, as it's using the existing Xenoblade Chronicles X engine that was said was very easy to use for XBC2, and we've seen the game demo'd at E3.

You could switch Xenoblade for Ni no Kuni in your post and it would still makes sense lol

Not saying XB will be delayed, just that this is the exact same situation for Ni no Kuni II.

Top Bottom