• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II postponed until Jan 19 2018

Willenium

I don't pre-order many games but every time I do, a delay is announced shortly after. Hopefully in the meantime they can put together some kind of special edition also!

That sucks, but also I don't mind because 2017 was literally overflowing with games for me to play already and this was one I was not going to be able to wait to jump into.

Nameless

I was looking forward to this being my main holiday game but early 2018 is probably a better date. It's less likely to suffocate, that's for sure.

Makes sense. Level 5 has been very adamant about releasing Ni no Kuni II in 2017, and a two month delay suggests that the game is basically done. This delay seems to be a strategic one. The post holiday period gives the game more spotlight and more potential customers.

Obviously, the developers can add just a bit of polish before the official gold pressing, but I think Bandai-Namco basically realized that November is just not the right time for Ni no Kuni II.

daftstar

Dammit that's unfortunate. Although January would be a comfy time for playing this game. Can't believe it's gonna be 5 years since the first released too..

BBboy20

Obviously, the developers can add just a bit of polish before the official gold pressing, but I think Bandai-Namco basically realized that November is just not the right time for Ni no Kuni II.
Why did they realize that now? November is always the biggest month of the year.

Why did they realize that now? November is always the biggest month of the year.

pre-order numbers could have been low so delaying it out of the holiday season could give people a reason to want it now that its not coming out in a month that is always really crowded.

Cnoodles

Neo Member
This was my most anticipated fall release so this stinks, but I think it will be benefit the sells with less competition in january.

Good news for me, I bought the first one the day it was released and.... I haven't finish it. Should be ashamed. I'll beat it before January 2018 no doubt.

:)

Ennosuke

I was really looking forward to playing this in November, but probably January is the best release month for the game. The last 4 months of 2017 are too packed.

Good news, at least for me. I've got enough to play this year, and I wasn't all that fond of Ni no Kuni 1. Bumping it back a bit gives it a better shot for folks like me.

Can't believe we're living in a time where Xenoblade 2 hits its original target and Ni no Kuni 2 doesn't though. I would have expected the exact opposite.

Durante

No multiplayer is a lot more disappointing to me than the delay.
It's too bad that Tales seems to be the only JRPG franchise keeping up the multiplayer tradition.

Endo Punk

The best thing that could happen to the game. Japanese titles seem to do well Q1. Nioh, Nier and Yakuza were all varying degrees of success this Q1

Good news, at least for me. I've got enough to play this year, and I wasn't all that fond of Ni no Kuni 1. Bumping it back a bit gives it a better shot for folks like me.

Can't believe we're living in a time where Xenoblade 2 hits its original target and Ni no Kuni 2 doesn't though. I would have expected the exact opposite.
I mean, X2 could easily still get delayed.

Disappointed really, I have far more time to play games around christmas than any other point in the year and too many big games are coming out in Q1 windows now to get to them all.
Gravity Rush 2 did something similar last year and I would have played and completed it before the years end had it come out on its original date, I haven't even got around to buying it yet since it came out at a very busy time. Similar with Kingdom Hearts 2.8.
I'm sure 2018 Q1 won't be as busy but I'm still concerned with this trend of Q4 being saturated with nothing but very mainstream wide audience type western games and all the games I care about coming out at the same time in the first few months of the next year.

sublimit

Banned
DQ11 west is very likely I'd imagine.

Man i love DQ and i'm super excited for XI but i really hope it doesn't come out around the same time as ni no kuni because it will really hurt the sales of the later.Both games are aiming to the exact same target groups.

Top Bottom