• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II postponed until Jan 19 2018

Indelible

This is a much better release date, this fall is already packed with quality games and I don't want Ni No Kuni 2 to get lost in the shuffle.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Release it when it's ready, of course, but lol at people thinking Q1 won't be just as packed as Q4 once everything's done slipping.

I wonder if next January is going to be like this January where a lot of games were pushed out the crowded holiday into a crowded Post holiday month.
Not sure if that benefited anyone last year

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Noooooo!!! So sad, but better to release high quality. I'm ok with this. Next year looking to kill it already! :)

Great to hear since I left the original game on the last boss since I'm underlevelled and don't feel like returning to it any time soon. 6 months should give me enough time to come back to the game with more interest.

evolve9

tenor.gif

Oh well, it's not that big of a delay, it'll give me time to get through my 2017 backlog.

Ridley327

Is there another big scale JRPG releasing this fall that could compete with Ni No Kuni, beside Xenoblade 2 ?

There's Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon, but other than that, it's mainly small scale stuff like Nights of Azure 2.

Oddly enough, this will be the second holiday in a row where Skyrim is major release in the overall RPG genre.

Tommi84

And I remember when there was a Gaf thread which of the 'x' games will be delayed and few people said Ni No Kuni 2 is aiming at different audience.

Sad to hear it. Hope for good sales numbers. As it's 2018, I may even buy some sweet collectors/steel book editions for me?

LordKano

There's Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon, but other than that, it's mainly small scale stuff like Nights of Azure 2.

Oddly enough, this will be the second holiday in a row where Skyrim is major release in the overall RPG genre.

Yeah so it's not delayed because of too busy holidays but because they couldn't finish it in time.

Ventara

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Like, fuck, I was really hyped to play it this year. A few more months isn't gonna kill me, I guess.

Ridley327

Yeah so it's not delayed because of too busy holidays but because they couldn't finish it in time.

Well, two months doesn't really mean a whole lot for the lead times console games need to have, so I do think that it is ultimately a more strategic shift. The game was originally coming out at a busy time, and while it had the genre all to itself, more or less, it would still be competing for time in a period that's going to see the release of veritable AAA juggernauts on the same platform. Getting away from the likes of CoD and Star Wars will be a wise move to make.

Jencks

Banned
Perfectly fine with this. Q4 is swamped anyway and I want to be able to fully dive into this game when it comes out.

Top Bottom