• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Makikou

Is the game not on the HK store yet or why can't I find it on browser. Really tempted to create a hk acct and buy it there. Shouldn't be too difficult I assume.
It's even more tempting to buy from HK store because that HKD 500$ card is cheaper in euros than the game here where I live..

Makikou

It's not difficult, it just doesn't seem to be up for order/preload like on the JP store.

It sucks because Play Asia is having a daily sale on 500 HKD PSN cards. (The game is 428 HKD)

I'd like to be sure it's enough/etc before the sale ends but it looks like it's going to be playing it close.

Thanks, yeah I was looking on that. The game would cost me over 70EUR here so that card even for the full price of 66EUR is not bad.
Do we know when HK store updates? Also JP store is more expensive, right?

when does the HK store update?

Do we know when HK store updates?

Sony HK said:
When will the online store be updated?
The online store will be updated with game content when the PlayStation®Store is updated every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Updates generally occur anywhere from 9:00am - 7:00pm, but update times are subject to change. To know as soon as the PS Store is updated, follow PlayStation on Facebook at ”PlayStationHK", or visit the PlayStation® Blog at asia.blog.playstation.com.

Source: https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/senonlinestore_faq

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thanks, yeah I was looking on that. The game would cost me over 70EUR here so that card even for the full price of 66EUR is not bad.
Do we know when HK store updates? Also JP store is more expensive, right?

JP store would go with the MSRP of 7,800 + tax? (I forget if JPSN includes tax or not) Which usually means ungodly expensive esp if its a SQEX published game as you can see here lol

In USD rounded up 7,800 JPY is about 69 USD.

So, which PSN card for the HK store do i need to get the game? I'm on play-asia, i guess the 500 HKD is enough?

I wanted to make sure of this too.
(Even though I've asked before, I wanted to triple check before being stuck with wallet funds I won't use)

Is a single 500 HKD PSN card enough to cover the 428 HKD cost of the game and any/all applicable taxes/fees?

(Even though I've asked before, I wanted to triple check before being stuck with wallet funds I won't use)

Is a single 500 HKD PSN card enough to cover the 428 HKD cost of the game and any/all applicable taxes/fees?

well, worse case, we'll gate the game 1 hours later when we'll know the full price! I have a japanese account but didn't create an HK account yet, it's sure to be cheaper?

Yes.

EDIT: if you're still iffy about it, I'll report back the moment I've made the purchase. Already got 500HKD in my wallet.

Dawn of the Last Day.

C5QXq35VcAApdP4.jpg

Yes.

EDIT: if you're still iffy about it, I'll report back the moment I've made the purchase. Already got 500HKD in my wallet.

According to this and another thread about Persona 5, prices on the PSN should include tax already, so if I used the 500 HKD card on NieR: Automata (428 HKD), I should be left with 72 HKD afterwards.

addik

Is the Asian version being released tomorrow? I contacted my store which usually sells Asian versions of games and even they don't know the release date lol.

Sucks really cause I was hoping I could get it this week, but then I've got a lot of deadlines this week so that's a shitter.

DKHF

Is the Asian version being released tomorrow? I contacted my store which usually sells Asian versions of games and even they don't know the release date lol.

Sucks really cause I was hoping I could get it this week, but then I've got a lot of deadlines this week so that's a shitter.
Yes, it is.

that's it, added 500 HKD on the store! I'm really impatient and stupid, already preordered the european blackbox, but i just can't wait!

Monera147

Neo Member
So does anyone know if offgamers are trustworthy or not ? They currently have HK cards on discount which makes it cost like 59 USD if i buy a 200 + three 80 ones but i never heard of this site before.

Is it still needed in order to save?

Patch 1.01 increases the save locations/accessibility and is needed to save past a certain spot.

Patch 1.02 is a separate 2.9 GB patch that we only know the size of.

I bought a code for an American user a few times already and I paid exactly what the it said, but I don't know how it works with those stores.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I should have asked: "There are no taxes or anything applied on top of the displayed PSN price, right?"

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
As a random passer by in this thread, it looks like the version we should be looking to acquire tomorrow is the HK, as it has English support?

Yui

Anyone have any actual experience importing digitally? There are no taxes or anything applied on top of the displayed price, right?

Last game I bought on the HK store was DOAX3 last year and there was no additional tax, or anything.
Just the price you see on the store site.
Sure they could have changed it since then, but I don't think that's very likely.

All versions have the language support listed in the OP.

^ This. The advantage to the HK version is that it is about $30 cheaper than the Japanese version if you're buying digital codes off of Playasia, because of currency exchange rate differences between the US and Hong Kong and the US and Japan.

Top Bottom