• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Patch 1.01 increases the save locations/accessibility and is needed to save past a certain spot.

Patch 1.02 is a separate 2.9 GB patch that we only know the size of.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I should have asked: "There are no taxes or anything applied on top of the displayed PSN price, right?"
Oh there aren't any, you'll pay exactly what it says.

Am I a cool kid now?

9NuSg2O.png

So help me if the HK version somehow doesn't have all the Audio/Subtitle options by some stupid fluke/misinformation...

DrTeflon

Ok, i know its been asked a million times, but do we have any confirmation about at least en subtitles / menus in the english version? I'm this close on pulling the trigger and buying from JP PSN

Ok, i know its been asked a million times, but do we have any confirmation about at least en subtitles / menus in the english version? I'm this close on pulling the trigger and buying from JP PSN

So why ask. Do you think platinum/square/sony specifically change the circumstances for each neogaf user?

Pre-ordered via Amazon UK so having to wait until EU release - was so tempted to import but should hopefully give me enough time to finish Yakuza 0 first. Nier is my favourite ever game, still can't believe Automata is almost here. Hyyyype.

Exentryk

Is it wrong that I'm buying a ps4 just for this game? Already went ahead and bought the HK code.

Not at all. This is one of the best ARPG combat systems ever made, so definitely worth it just for that. The Yoko Taro craziness is just cherry on the top.

SaniOYOYOY

If anybody is interested, a Korean streamer just started playing it on Twitch. He's about 2 hours in, so there are spoilers of course. He's playing in Japanese. Loving how the overworld music fits the game in action.

https://www.twitch.tv/azaseven

he is now in the
singing boss

guys... goty 2017 ez. its that good
everything you expect in a nier boss, when the "genre" changes so does the music. its insane. its blowing my mind

LotusHD

Banned
he is now in the
singing boss.....

everything you expect in a nier boss, when the "genre" changes so does the music. its insane. its blowing my mind

Holy fucking shit, GOTY contender indeed. And I thought that boss battle was cool enough as it was already...

Exentryk

he is now in the
singing boss.....

Not going to read the spoiler text, but this hype man, this hype...

Its annoying you've gave away how early that boss is in the game TBH. Normally i'd follow my own logic and just get out the OT, but i assume this is information most nier fans dont want to know.

SaniOYOYOY

True, but if you use common sense and look at both of your post times, you can admittedly figure it the gist of when you'd encounter it. Perhaps spoiler it just in case?

---
right, my mistake, Externyx might want to spoiler tag my post as well

Guru-Guru

Banned
This forest village music is soooooo damn good. I was tempted to wait the 3h47m until my digital version unlocks (especially after watching a bit of this stream), but then I would be a mess at work tomorrow...

Jiraiza

Nice, patch is downloading. Will be streaming the game in a few hours.

I only got the download for 1.02 so I guess the digital has 1.01 already?

Top Bottom