• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LProtag

So I realized I went through the first playthrough without upgrading my pod at all.

Where do I find the stuff to upgrade it?

I hope we get some more costume & accessories DLC, for example:

Zero's flower in the eye accessory.
latest

and Kaine's outfit.

DD3_Zero_DLC_Outfit_-_Kain%C3%A9.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got the true ending. Took me about 3x hours. I also (really big end spoiler)
sacrificed my save to help other players during the credits shmup. The game really deletes it.

ebil

how is the story in this game? is it as good as the original's?
It is good. Different, but good. How it's going to resonate with you compared to Nier's story depends on how you end up liking the themes and characters, but this is definitely a Taro Yoko game.

I've got too many games so far this year and i have Zelda on friday but sod it, i'm going to try to get the t-shirt edition pre-ordered today. Even with some flaws what i've seen and heard so far makes this unmissible to me and that it's Yoko Taro in fine form together with Platinum... bought. I've only sat on the fence because of Switch release but yolo! :)

george_us

The damage output of the enemies were much higher than the demo version, but I don't remember anything one-shoting me from the early area on normal....
This is good to hear. Was wondering if I'd have to bump it up to Hard on my first playthrough but I'll stick with Normal.

Roussow

Played up to the introduction to the
Flooded
Zone. Thought it was strange that I hadn't found any more pod secondary modes, went to the bunker and noticed an elevator I hadn't used, bought like 6 abilities and an extra 20 pod program slots. This is substantial change, should help with variety at the least.

That self destruct thing was so pretty dumb, that's the most gratuitous "battle damaged" costume change I think I've ever seen. However we're talking about 2B's butt here, so subtly is well and truly out the window concerning that.

h4t3

Char. Spoiler

never played first nier but really love seeing emil stuff in automata both fights and his songs hope he get's a dlc

Not that sensitive to spoilers myself, but can you guys try to mark them? A post that's all spoilers could be anything and some people don't want to play with fire with what they click on.

Hektor

ahh ok cheers!

Still have to find them.

in case you wanna know where one is hidden

When you enter the big empty desert, move to the left and a bit inside the area. When you're near it you will hear a high-frequent peeptone that becomes louder the closer you get to it.

Is it obvious how to achieve the different endings, after you've beaten the game once?

Yes, you don't gotta worry about missing anything in that regard

Sartre's melancholy question:
How do you get out of the area where the girl is in the desert? I found her but couldn't get back as you have to drop down to that area. I tried going back to the boss room and got smashed by level 48 machines. Help.

bunkitz

I'm only on my first playthrough, about 8 hours in, I think. Beat
Adam and Eve on the alien ship thing.
Really enjoying the game, although I don't exactly feel good (nor bad) about traversing large distances to do side quest after side quest. Thankfully, there's fast travel now. I'm finding the combat to be really fun because of how fluid it is, despite my initial disappointment with the number of combos you can actually do with any one weapon. Also got my first additional Pod earlier, and it's a small but really cool addition to my repertoire of combat options.

I know there's a whole bunch of endings, in fact, I've already gotten two cause I screwed up a couple of times. But what I'm really curious about is all this talk of second and third playthroughs and Routes A and B. Is a second playthrough, which I'm assuming is Route B, going to be significantly different from the first? If anyone would be kind enough to answer my question, please do so without spoiling me!

The fucking soundtrack, though. Jesus. I love the themes that play in the
Resistance Camp
and
Machine Village
so much.

Hektor

Sartre's melancholy question:
How do you get out of the area where the girl is in the desert? I found her but couldn't get back as you have to drop down to that area. I tried going back to the boss room and got smashed by level 48 machines. Help.

I'm pretty sure you can just climb up the cliff you jumped off from.

The only other way is through the bossroom you already tried (And later on quick travel ofc) . Just run past the enmies, they'll spawn ad infinitum in that room anyways.

I know there's a whole bunch of endings, in fact, I've already gotten two cause I screwed up a couple of times. But what I'm really curious about is all this talk of second and third playthroughs and Routes A and B. Is a second playthrough, which I'm assuming is Route B, going to be significantly different from the first? If anyone would be kind enough to answer my question, please do so without spoiling me!

Let's jus say there is some repetitiveness involved but you definitely don't want to miss out on it.

Mesharey

Finished it (
first character
), the OT title is perfect for it, I expected a lot better, what you do in the demo is mostly what you're gonna do in the full game, good game nothing more.

12BoM

Hektor, have you ever posted full spoiler free impressions yet? I know you have been answering a lot of questions but I'd like to hear your full thoughts

FreeMufasa

So I know the gameplay is good, but I didn't like the original nier for its gameplay. How is the story? Is it as heavy as nier 1

demonkaze

So I'm being really thorough with the side quests and haven't really progressed the first play through much and was wondering if on the other play throughs, does your side quest progression carry on? If so, I'll leave some of them for the other playthroughs, I really dig the game but I'd be lying if if I didn't say I wanted to finish it before horizon/Zelda.

allbrancooke

Neo Member
90 % of weapons done. Feel free to ask me where they are...but if you can tell me
How to get Emil to sell me his fist weapon, or getting to castle roof
I'd be greatful.

Finished it (
first character
), the OT title is perfect for it, I expected a lot better, what you do in the demo is mostly what you're gonna do in the full game, good game nothing more.

lol the games
opening credits
are after the end of route B.
You haven't finished it in the slightest.

Top Bottom