• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

New screens!

C2dlqvNVEAEp98S.jpg

C2dlTvIUAAE-QzW.jpg

C2dlqvVUkAEHQUR.jpg

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/821736857444577281

(I hope these are allowed to be posted here?)

Disney World?

Square Enix X Kingdom Hearts!?

Alastor3

So is there a big difference between OG PS4 and PS4 Pro?

I don't think I will have the money yet to sell my PS4 to get a PRO before the game release and it's my most anticipated game ever...

I don't think I will have the money yet to sell my PS4 to get a PRO before the game release and it's my most anticipated game ever...
From what we've seen so far Pro just has a cleaner image

PS4 is 60fps anyways

Better AA
improvement with the framerate but the PS4 does well to reach 60fps as well
resolution increase from 900p to 1080p

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
We already saw fishing in a stream.

Yeah, the new news here is the Juke box and the environment reveals which do indeed appear to be screenshots based on there being multiple images of the theme-park area and its denizens.

Logsi

Totally forgot about this games demo and managed to play it last night. Love it. It's shamelessly Bayonetta and I love it!

Coda

Beautiful screens, can't wait for this title. Wish we were getting the game in February though so it wouldn't be so close to the Nintendo Switch release. March is gonna be a busy month for me in terms of gaming and releases.

Played the demo. The game kicks some serious ass. Love the changes in camera angles and how it promotes different types of gameplay (kinda ingenious if you ask me).

Niks

It takes a while to get used to the changing camera angles.
Had a bit of trouble with the top down view.

Apart from that, it was a great demo. I'm certainly interested.

Izayoi

Banned
Really cool demo, I enjoyed it a lot! Especially fond of the wacky camera angles. So much fun.

Never played one of these before, but the OG NieR OST is one of my all-time favorites...

Does the original play similar to this?

Ubernube

Really cool demo, I enjoyed it a lot! Especially fond of the wacky camera angles. So much fun.

Never played one of these before, but the OG NieR OST is one of my all-time favorites...

In terms of wacky camera angle/genre change shenanigans, yes. The combat is no where near as good as what the demo offers however.

The original is janky as all hell, but the overall experience is worth it imo. It is full of bizarre genre/camera mixups, and the storytelling itself is just as quirky.

However, don't play it on hard, because it's not fun at all unless you're already in love with the game and want an excuse to go through again. All it does is turn enemies into level-scaling undying damage sponges.

Also, the Western release had the main character replaced with Barbarian Gary Busey. What more could you ask from a game?

4-lateday14.jpg

Izuna

Banned
Can someone combine a list of tricks etc. that have been found out in this demo? I'd like to practice before the game comes out.

My mistake. I was always under the impression that he was created specifically for the Western market.

Apparently yeah.

Chasing after your sister is a Japanese thing, so they gave us a daughter to help instead.

Exentryk

T.O.P

Banned
I have no idea why i waited so much to try this demo out, fuckin fantastic

Game pre-ordered, off to replay it on hard :D

Mifec

Cousin brought me the Pro I bought for him, 19 mins until Toobie's game is downloaded and I can finally play this. NIOH later tonight, got Uncharted 4 too. Feels gud.

chrono01

I just noticed the Black Box Edition has sold out on Square-Enix's Online Store (NA). Great news! I hope this bodes well for the game.

(Glad I have my pre-order in.)

Have the game on pre order, played the demo finally today on my PS4 Pro. Character and movement is absolutely gorgeous, looks great.

Didn't really love the combat, I played the default difficulty and only later realized I coulda switched to auto mode for easy combat. I'm in these games for the story, don't really care about dark souls level perfect combat execution. I never really felt like I was doing anything right, just sorta mashing buttons mortal kombat style hoping I didn't die. The only fight i had to chain chug potions was the final boss fight, but I felt pretty stressed not really understanding what the telegraphs were or what I supposed to do.

Love the aesthetics and what I saw of the story (never played Nier) but at this point I think I am going to cancel my pre order, I'd probably not play at launch and there is a ton of stuff coming out around the same time. Its too bad they didn't remaster the first game, probably be more interested with a bundle of both.

LotusHD

Banned
http://nier2.com/blog/2017/01/22/interview-from-taipei-game-show-2017/

Some interesting stuff in here, like the demo apparently taking place halfway into the game.

Also:

—In the demo, we’re only able to explore the area on foot. Will there be other modes of transportation in the official release?
Saito: In the official version there will be aerial vehicles and also animals that you can ride on.

Oh my goodness, we get to use the flying mech suit.

The statement that the demo takes place at the halfway point is interesting.

For those who have played the demo, does it come anywhere close to the Jack of Hearts sequence from the first game?

Exentryk

Yoko Taro and Taura Takahisa are in Paris for their European promotions.

Also, there is a plan to have another live stream for NieR (date not announced) and that will be presented by Negishi Isao from Platinum Games.

Top Bottom