• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

to be completely honest I was expecting this game to go high 80s, like 85 something.

i didn't like the demo the first time around but maybe i should give this game another shot...
what do you mean, almost had persona?
Maybe he meant it was supposed to release on 14.2.

YASSSS QUEEN SLAYYYYYYYY

15492.gif

I can't stop watching this gif. The animation is so good.

GunBR

I still think that the game will go under 85 with the rest of the reviews, but it's better than I was expecting

Maannnn, another great game. I can't take it all.

I've got Horizon Zero Dawn which i'm enjoying a lot and it's actually my favorite game of 2017 so far, it's incredible ! Then there's Zelda, Resident Evil 7, Nier and soon Persona...

Incredible year for gaming so far, like wow !

Zukkoyaki

Only 4 reviews so I doubt it'll hold that 90. But why is every game good now?

What happened to all the bad games?
Honestly, I think the industry realized how much it missed high-profile Japanese games. Yakuza 0, Nier, Zelda, Nioh, Resident Evil 7... Japanese games have "something" about them, something that gives them extra character. At least that's how I feel about it.

I was expecting good, not great scores but I hope the glowing impressions keep rolling in.

Just have to figure out how I'm going to play all these games...

killatopak

Gold Member
does this game play like god of war/devil may cry? or is more of an action rpg?

Closest I could think of is DMC x KH.

Simply because it has platinum gameplay but it still has rpg elements that are vital to the game. There are min maxing involved, leveling and item upgrading.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Have you played Bayonetta? It plays like that + RPG elements. It's more of a character action game than RPG.

on the other hand, you literally will get destroyed no matter how good you are if you arent a certain level and equipping your chips properly, so the RPG aspect is very imperative.

biteren

on the other hand, you literally will get destroyed no matter how good you are if you arent a certain level and equipping your chips properly, so the RPG aspect is very imperative.

waiting for some crazy bastard to go though the game at lvl 1

Kureransu

This and Zelda...... My life. My time. I have no idea how to balance this out. i do gym first thing in the a.m., work, then i play an organized sport (soccer and tennis) 3 evenings during the week. Tennis Sat and Sunday morning, but Friday-Sunday is GF time. so i only have wednesday nights to play. I think i'll be done with both games by 2019.

Grief.exe

PC release date still in the dark until after the Sony release on the 7th, leaked date showed the 10th so fingers crossed.

I'll probably still be playing Zelda though.

Holy shit, not only Zelda, but Nier too? Two games on the same day with absurdly good reviews. What a time to be alive.

My copy should arrive in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to crack it open!

Edit: Oh, only 4 reviews. Well still, hopefully other reviewers had similar impressions!

ty_hot

Closest I could think of is DMC x KH.

Simply because it has platinum gameplay but it still has rpg elements that are vital to the game. There are min maxing involved, leveling and item upgrading.

Nice. I just got DMC Definitive Edition, so I will play that first and then move to the superior Nier. I dont like DMC style games much, but my girlfriend enjoyed God of War so I bought it. Having more RPG elements make it better for my taste. Will buy in the future.

GrayChild

Judging by the comments in the JP IGN review parsed through Google translate, almost all of them are strongly disagreeing with the cons section and claim the game is much better than that.

I guess their score may remain one of the lowest ones this game will get. It's God Hand all over again.

Crayon

My most anticipated game for many months now. Nier Auto looks stunning and I greatly anticipate my us copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom