• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genio88

Didn't forget about you Nier, from tomorrow and for a while i'll be all on Zelda and Switch, but then in the end of the month it'll be your turn on PC....wait, Mass Effect Andromeda!!!!

Trickster

2017 might be the new 1998, lol

So far it seems to be mostly thanks to japan too, which is quite crazy when you think about how japanese developers had been kinda falling behind in recent years.

Maybe the theory that we entered a different timeline after Trump was elected president are not too crazy afterall

killatopak

Gold Member
So far it seems to be mostly thanks to japan too, which is quite crazy when you think about how japanese developers had been kinda falling behind in recent years.

Maybe the theory that we entered a different timeline after Trump was elected president are not too crazy afterall

We got Ending E.

Now we just need Capcom and Konami to go back to their glory days to complete the cycle. And Sega needs to release a new system.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
True, it was already a PC day one baring some crazy bad reviews though. Still it is encouraging.

I agree.

I was already getting it day 1, but i could not wait so i ended up spoiling myself on literally everything in the Japanese release through streams, music, story and gameplay, and its made my purchase decision even more resolute regardless of the reviews.

I'm mostly here just because its an unfortunate truth that review scores have an impact on success.

Yoko Taro even said on twitter recently that a game that comes out in the west first and gets good scores here is generally more likely to do better in Japan based off the western reputation. That was how it was for Nioh as well which a lot of people in Japan were not paying attention to until the metacritic reviews came out, now its at over 100k retail and still in the top bracket

bgbball31

Man, my friend decided to get married at the wrong time. This time last year? Sure. But looking at all these games and knowing I have to save for a trip to Arizona and bachelor party and whatever else we do out there? Brutal.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

fantomena

Since these are releasing now, then I would guess the NDA has expired.

Outlets are probably swamped currently and Nier may be lower on the priority list.

Or that the outlets in OP has the Japanese retailer version so they don't need to follow any NDA.

There are too many good god damn video games
Coming out!! We need some trash so i can cut down my list some. The demo for this was so good it made me pre order despite never playing the first game. I cannot wait

Soriku

Nier is the shortest of good Japanese games aside from RE7. Get it and skip the otehr games for now if you don't have enough time for gaming atm.

Well I just got Horizon and Gravity Rush is kind of "short" too relatively but I'm only on chapter 13 since I got it. I'll save my money for now. And I still need to get RE7.

I really hope this translates to decent sales. It's release window is very unfortunate, but I hope it's able to pull a Nioh and reach 1 million relatively quick.

Oneself

2017 is amazing so far!

I have yet to properly play RE7, GR2 and, well, everything, as I am currently playing Dishonored 2 and TF2. I have started Horizon and can't stop ... Damn you 2017!!

My guess is the game gonna settle down to 86 Metacritic when all reviews are accounted for.
In other words another great Japanese game to add to the avalanche of great Japanese games we're getting early 2017. Best of all, every one of them except for Zelda, is playable on that oversized black eraser shaped console I own.

Despera

Banned
I know this sounds crazy, but I hope for a drought of quality games end of this year or start of the next just so I have time to tackle all these truly great titles.

Unknown?

Hopefully USGamer stays away from this game! Saw the average and was like how the heck did it review higher than Horizon?! That's phenomenal! Then saw it was only four reviews. Lol

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
We don't know, presumably sometime before the release date on the 7th. Hopefully its sooner rather than later

So much about the release of this game is weird. PC version, no idea about western copy reviews. I wish they could be more open about everything. Maybe they're trying to do everything at once as a marketing push or something? I don't know. It's a great game I wish they'd just give everyone the details so people can make their choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom