• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Night Cry (Nude Maker/Clock Tower spiritual sequel) to have PC Kickstart +Screenshots

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/night-cry-launch-kickstarter-pc-version

Nude Maker is planning a Kickstarter campaign for a potential PC version of its upcoming Clock Tower spiritual successor Night Cry, studio CEO Hifumi Kouno told Polygon.

If the campaign fails, a PC version simply won’t be released. The game will be made for its previously announced PS Vita and mobile platforms regardless of the outcome, Hifumi said.

Screenshots:

6E7B5vb.jpg

QyK4SjW.jpg

XErVPbX.jpg

p3HblR5.jpg

0J6grgn.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Sweet, was hoping there'd be a platform besides Vita, not a big fan of playing horror type games on a handheld. Wasn't aware of the name either, just thought it was known as Project Scissors.

bobawesome

I had no idea screenshots were floating around. I was expecting something along the lines of Clock Tower for the SNES but this is nice.

Endesu

Interested in the Vita version but I'll support this too. Clock Tower 1 and 2 were fantastic games and I'm definitely down with seeing more of the same.

Need to see more of the killer, though. Is he some sort of spectral Scissorman?

Brhoom

Banned
WARNING guys, on the link giving there is a polygon interview where I think there is a big spoiler about the villain.

GSR

I'm in. The Clock Tower games were so incredibly jank yet occasionally managed to pull off some legit "oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" moments.

joe2187

Banned
Will buy for Vita..and maybe support Kickstarter.

looking at those screenshots does this game have fixed camera angles like old school RE games?

Hopefully it gets the funding it needs. The graphics in these screenshots aren't amazing but I'm enjoying the PS2 era horror look.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, this is by the same dude as Clock Tower? I've only experienced the first one, but I'm interested in how this one turns out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hi everyone!

We're live with the NightCry Kickstarter, and while it's been stressful getting it all together, I'm so happy to be part of it. :D

This is the second time doing a Kickstarter (first time was administering the La-Mulana 2 KS), so I know what to expect, but it never gets less stressful. @_@

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

:eek:

Hi everyone!

We're live with the NightCry Kickstarter, and while it's been stressful getting it all together, I'm so happy to be part of it. :D

This is the second time doing a Kickstarter (first time was administering the La-Mulana 2 KS), so I know what to expect, but it never gets less stressful. @_@

I was so happy to see it was you guys who tweeted the Kickstarter! I'll probably go in for the low tier, but I have a good feeling about this one. :D

Huh, interesting. I really wanted to like Clock Tower 3, and it started so strong, and then...magical girl transformation + boss fights.

While games like Outlast have used the "run away and hide instead of engaging the enemy" idea, none of them have quite matched the tone (for lack of a better word) of the Clock Tower series. It should be interesting to see what the original creator can do with the added years of experience and technological progress.

Spoo

First time I've ever backed one of these things:

Your pledge

$80.00 Edit
You Can Touch It Edition

:D Good luck dev team. Good luck trin! Get me my PC version!!!

Top Bottom