• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory's new post-apocalyptic title Enslaved

EXGN

Source: PS3Center via GameInformer.

And now, we know what they've been working on across the past two years. Ninja Theory will be announcing their latest title next month, in Game Informer magazine. Ninja Theory's new title, Enslaved, is a post-apocalyptic journey and will be launched across multiple platforms.

Is Namco Bandai supposed to be producing this? Either way, I'm pumped. Can't wait for next month!

EDIT: Didn't see this was posted in the GI thread. Lock if necessary, though I think it warrants it's own post?

slider

Whoa (as someone who loved HS).

I was wondering about NT only the other day. GI vindicated.

EDIT: Has this already been posted in the GI Exclusive thread?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Y2Kev said:
Love HS, very excited. Hope it's not a shooter. :\
This. It would be a pretty big letdown if it turns out to be a shooter. I'll take another 3rd person action/adventure game from them again. Also, I want the same level of quality production in this one as well. HS still has some of the best facial cut scenes this gen.

Kai <3

TripOpt55

Looking forward to seeing this. Enjoyed Heavenly Sword a lot despite some flaws. Have been wondering what they've been working on.

JoeFenix

I personaly found HS to be pretty bad so I can't say I'm very excited for this but I'm still somewhat interested in seeing what kind of game it's going to end up being.

Hopefuly not a damn shooter!

sholmes

Neo Member
I loved Heavenly Sword and am still holding out hope for a sequel one day.

That said, does this announcement mean I may eventually be able to find Heavenly Sword for a reasonable price? (~$20)

SMOKE

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I'm a bit surprised that they were given another chance after two flops, and especially after proving to have no grip on priorities with HS.

2 flops?

What else have they done this gen?

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I'm a bit surprised that they were given another chance after two flops, and especially after proving to have no grip on priorities with HS.

Well I hope they get it right this time, gameplay (controls/freedom/level of player interaction) first, cinematics second. No production value can overcome the lack of gameplay variety and gameplay sensibility.
Indifferent2.gif

AltogetherAndrews said:
They'd be a fine B-title developer like Atlus/Visceral or whatever, they just shouldnt be given a serious budget.

Also, if this is Unreal Engine 3.0 like I've heard, do not want.

I'm still kinda bitter they left Heavenly Sword behind, they seemed so invested and passionate about that game and I was really looking forward to it becoming a franchise. :(

Ohh well can't wait to see what Enslaved looks like.

andycapps

Kaako said:
Aww fuck, totally forgot about that. :/

Haven't played many games on PS3 using UE 3.0 but only one I can remember that was done well was Unreal Tournament 3. And that was only with a lot of help from Sony's people coming in and showing them how to optimize it for the game... Not many studios can get that kind of help.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
andycapps said:
Haven't played many games on PS3 using UE 3.0 but only one I can remember that was done well was Unreal Tournament 3. And that was only with a lot of help from Sony's people coming in and showing them how to optimize it for the game... Not many studios can get that kind of help.
Yup, pretty much. I just hope their multiplatform game runs great on both systems. Anyone know if they're doing a PC port as well?

If they can basically tweak what is already there in Heavenly Sword, I'm there.

Tweaks:

- Combat controls
- General controls

Only minor tweaks. Didn't quite feel ENOUGH like God of War. New game needs to play more like God of War and less like Heavenly Sword, assuming it's 3rd person action of course.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Y2Kev said:
Love HS, very excited. Hope it's not a shooter. :\

i think im in the minority but i would have liked to see a HS sequel, just to see what they would have improved and how the story would continue

Afrikan

EXGN said:
Batman: Arkham Asylum looked and ran fine.

I didn't like the look of that game either....

I don't know how DICE did it, but Mirror's Edge is one beautiful game....one of my favs so far this Gen.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Tiduz said:
i think im in the minority but i would have liked to see a HS sequel, just to see what they would have improved and how the story would continue
Who owns the IP?
I would also like to see a sequel.

Dabanton

Afrikan said:
I didn't like the look of that game either....

I don't know how DICE did it, but Mirror's Edge is one beautiful game....one of my favs so far this Gen.

Lots of white and primary colours.

John

2 Minutes Turkish said:
If they can basically tweak what is already there in Heavenly Sword, I'm there.

Tweaks:

- Combat controls
- General controls

Only minor tweaks. Didn't quite feel ENOUGH like God of War. New game needs to play more like God of War and less like Heavenly Sword, assuming it's 3rd person action of course.
Well you had to play it differently from God of War. In GoW you're constantly dishing out damage if you're not rolling or blocking; HS required more planned-out, deliberate moves. It was unique and excellently-done.

Raistlin

AltogetherAndrews said:

Heavenly Sword was a million seller.

KeiichiInafune said:
I'm still kinda bitter they left Heavenly Sword behind, they seemed so invested and passionate about that game and I was really looking forward to it becoming a franchise. :(

I don't think they left it behind ... iirc, Sony owns the IP?

Raistlin

jrricky said:
It was? Did it make back its money? Why did Sony drop the next project?

I doubt it made back it's money ... though I don't think Sony was necessarily expecting it to. It had a pretty crazy budget. IIRC, part of the money went towards all the mo-cap equipment, that I think Sony owns now?

Top Bottom