• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch

Jintor

Tricky I Shadow said:
My hype is reasonably low at the moment.

The fact that the launch line up is horrible is the main reason. I’m getting Rayman for free but I’ve decided that I'm going to trade it in.

I guess I’m just going to have to keep myself busy with the built in stuff until Dead or Alive comes out....I wish it was a launch title! : (

Play upscaled 999 again. :D

Clipper

bigjimmystyle said:
Will the 3DS have account based purchasing for games etc.? Or will it be linked to the one console?
One console. However, you can transfer that account to a different console if you choose to upgrade to a different 3DS later on. The total number times you can perform this transfer is also limited to five times or something.

mandiller

Im really looking forward to the launch on Thursday, but I've ordered it online at Dick Smith so I can't go pick it up from a store in the morning which is normally half the fun. Instead I'll have to wait for the package, which I can probably only pick up on Friday. Ahh well.

Is anyone else a little worried about defects with the system given all the talk in the other threads about dead pixels and rubbish hinges? I really hope I don't get one with any problems. Shipping it back as soon as I get it would not be fun.

Tried the 3DS today again, still pretty awesome. For all those wondering: all EB cashiers have one under the desk to show people who ask.

Atleast that's what the chick who showed me it told me.

Mistle

CrazedProfessional said:
Tried the 3DS today again, still pretty awesome. For all those wondering: all EB cashiers have one under the desk to show people who ask.

I will be checking this theory tomorrow D:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Clipper said:
One console. However, you can transfer that account to a different console if you choose to upgrade to a different 3DS later on. The total number times you can perform this transfer is also limited to five times or something.

the more they add to the community/onlive stuff the worse this becomes. lose/break your 3DS? can you easily re-add all your friends etc on the new one, updating your friend code? Probably not :/

let us register our friend code/3DS to our club nintendo account or something, and then swap it over to a new one if necessary

Mistle

Tricky I Shadow said:
I'm still half way through Case 5 in the first one. Love it so far!

Yeah......me too! I had no idea about this! : O
5th case of the first game is one of my favourites, it's so great. I feel like replaying it now actually..

I wish I had a good enough excuse to be buying the 3DS at launch. Playing DS games on a fancy new console until Mario/Zelda comes out just doesn't cut it for me.

Pre-ordered mine from JB-HIFI. Will cost $298 and comes with a crappy $20 accessory pack (game cases, 3DS case, etc)

As for games...I'll wait a few months. Some good games will come along in the next 6 months, and the price won't go down till christmas anyway. Might as well have it NOW. I WANT IT.

Jintor

Mistle said:
5th case of the first game is one of my favourites, it's so great. I feel like replaying it now actually..

I wish I had a good enough excuse to be buying the 3DS at launch. Playing DS games on a fancy new console until Mario/Zelda comes out just doesn't cut it for me.

Ghost Trick will look so greaaaaat on the huge screen! :D

(I haven't tested Ghost Trick yet actually. It's probably just... blurrier. And larger, too, of course.)

Big W better get me my DS by Friday or there will be hell to pay!

Mistle said:

Yep, it started out really slowly but it’s gotten really good now! I just finished talking to the Chief of Police for the first time...

I’ve heard that Case 5 is really long, but it seems to be even longer than what I though it would be! How long left do I have?

Mistle

Jintor said:
Ghost Trick will look so greaaaaat on the huge screen! :D

(I haven't tested Ghost Trick yet actually. It's probably just... blurrier. And larger, too, of course.)

Big W better get me my DS by Friday or there will be hell to pay!
When/if you do test Ghost Trick, let me know how it looks! I was actually thinking about replaying it on iOS if it gets an English release.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Yep, it started out really slowly but it’s gotten really good now! I just finished talking to the Chief of Police for the first time...

I’ve heard that Case 5 is really long, but it seems to be even longer than what I though it would be! How long left do I have?
It's been so long since I've played it, I can't really say. Although, if you're just now meeting the Chief of Police, you've still got awhile to go. It only gets better, so the length didn't bother me :D

hirokazu

RandomVince said:
So what are the odds of EB price matching these new deals?
What are the new deals? I heard of Kmart, which I'm waiting for the catalogue for so I can get JB to price match. Anything else?

CrazedProfessional said:

This is not true

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I've finally finished my 3DS review, you've all played one now so it doesn't matter but here it it.

Tada!

BowieZ

Banned
I'm going to be wasting precious play time on Thursday when I take my Big W preordered 3DS into a store to get it switched from black to aqua blue.

Clipper

VOOK said:
So I've finally finished my 3DS review, you've all played one now so it doesn't matter but here it it.

Tada!
I haven't played one... want to experience it fresh on my own system rather than some store demo that has already been soiled by so many other hands.

I can't believe that my March games order has shipped, yet my hour one (and perhaps minute one) pre-order of the 3DS hasn't yet. Especially given that I know some other AusGAFfers who have imports that have shipped already...

Sidzed2

I'm not convinced about the 3DS just yet; the system looks pretty nifty, but I just don't see the games. When the big hitters like Zelda, Mario and Ace Attorney rear their heads I might be swayed.

Gaaraa

Got mine fully paid off ($298 at eb) , along with a pre orders of Ghost recon and Rayman (trying to decide whether to cancel Rayman or not..)

Also considering getting Ridge Racer since i've got a $50 jb voucher left over from xmas.

This might be a silly question , but does the step counter on the 3ds require the system to be on?

Clipper

Woo, they just shipped the system too. Two and a half hours difference in the times... hopefully the console shipped from the West Coast so that they'll end up in the same delivery...

noodalls

Went to my local JB to preorder and the shop assistant talked me out of it. Said that they would have plenty on launch day and there wasn't any real need to pre-order. Even told my their allocation and their pre-order numbers.

Wouldn't expect that from EB. Will see what happens on launch day (other than me working).

noodalls said:
Went to my local JB to preorder and the shop assistant talked me out of it. Said that they would have plenty on launch day and there wasn't any real need to pre-order. Even told my their allocation and their pre-order numbers.

Wouldn't expect that from EB. Will see what happens on launch day (other than me working).

Aren't they only offering that accessory pack with pre-orders though? It's a free $20.

Hmmm, I wonder what the chances are of getting mine from Dick Smith tomorrow.

I have a day off work tomorrow so it would be great.
Please be here tomorrow!!!!!

Luigiv

Tricky I Shadow said:
Hmmm, I wonder what the chances are of getting mine from Dick Smith tomorrow.

I have a day off work tomorrow so it would be great.
Please me here tomorrow!!!!!
Pretty low I'd say, given they explicitly sent out an email stating they wouldn't ship until tomorrow.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
The electronics Clerk at K-mart in Eastlands confirmed for me that they will be having the 3DS for $288, but there was no catalog yet.

gwoi3.jpg

Mistle

My local EB claimed they didn't have one to show me (in Shepparton, 2 hours out of Melbourne). I have to say though, the clerk seemed pretty fishy lol. He was kind of hinting at having one but not being allowed to show me.

He also said that unless I made a pre-order, I won't be able to get one. Sold out. Doesn't bother me, but it's quite surprising, as this is a town where you could walk into a store and pick up a Wii from the shelf at launch.

idwl

Oh wow at the price in NZ- 480(360USD) is pathetic. Especially with how strong the NZ dollar is right now. And 100 Dollars for a handheld game? Its like they want it to fail.

I've only price matched at EB once or twice, but I never had to bring a catalog - I just asked the clerk to price match JB and the he pulled out the latest catalog from under the counter to confirm. Maybe it differs between stores?

Clipper

The EB I sometimes price match with calls the nearest store to confirm price and whether they have stock. Sometimes, the EB guy does this by pretending to be a customer, which I find a bit dodgy, but I usually get my discount. I'll often just get a copy of the brochure up on my iPhone to show them just in case.

jambo

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Yes I found that online, but it wasn't in the store, which means the EB clerks are probably going to be like HAHA NOPE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE CATALOG I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT.

Print it and they will honour it.

hirokazu

Clipper said:
The EB I sometimes price match with calls the nearest store to confirm price and whether they have stock. Sometimes, the EB guy does this by pretending to be a customer, which I find a bit dodgy, but I usually get my discount. I'll often just get a copy of the brochure up on my iPhone to show them just in case.
In my experience, they always pretend to be a customer, and then they ask whether it's in stock. If it's not, tough luck, we ain't matching cos you can't get it from them anyway!

(This is why I never shop at EB except on rare occasions.)

hamchan

Boken said:
With SFIV Arcade coming out, is it worth getting SSFIV 3DS anymore?

Well it's a portable version of SF4 at least. Plus, it seems like it's the best and possibly only good launch game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I still cant really believe this is coming out tomorrow. Most unexcited console launch ever. It's likely due to the fact I've had it paid off for so long, and it's being shipped to my door. No lines, no midnight launches, just wake up and greet the postman.

I've got a film premiere that day too.

Mistle

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Yes I found that online, but it wasn't in the store, which means the EB clerks are probably going to be like HAHA NOPE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE CATALOG I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT.
Maybe check again today? My local K-Mart had those catalogs yesterday, I received it as junk mail though.

Top Bottom