• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch

mandiller

Today's the day to see whether Dick Smith is true to their word that they will ship out the 3DS today. If it's not shipped today there's no chance I'll get it before the weekends.

Can other people help report if their's ships out today?

dwu8991

Banned
Just preordered one from the gameplus website, hoping for this week but next week will still be cool, oh and getting street fighter of course!

Luigiv

mandiller said:
Today's the day to see whether Dick Smith is true to their word that they will ship out the 3DS today. If it's not shipped today there's no chance I'll get it before the weekends.

Can other people help report if their's ships out today?
It most certainly is. Though it they fuck up I personally won't actually be all that angry,...

Ooh email! It's an invoice, that's a good sign!

ManeKast

Sutton Dagger said:
Kmart will have the 3DS (console only) for $288 on launch day.

OK now I will SO be getting one. Theres one near my work that opens at 8am. I'm there. Hopefully they know what I am talking about (the games department have hardly ever had games/consoles on launch day / or they have had to go out back and open the boxes for me).

Ridge Racer it is. Awesome price.

Edit: they open at 7am tomorrow as well. Rad.

trinest

I havn't gotten anything from DSE, yet I ordered in the first 200 and got the email a month ago saying it will be shipped today.

I feel ripped off dam it!

Waikis

trinest said:
I havn't gotten anything from DSE, yet I ordered in the first 200 and got the email a month ago saying it will be shipped today.

I feel ripped off dam it!

The order you placed on dicksmith.com.au has been dispatched and is on its way to you.

Boken

Banned
Waikis said:
The order you placed on dicksmith.com.au has been dispatched and is on its way to you.
Ack. Didn't get that either. Nooooo

EDIT: Ok I double checked my order on their website and it says dispatched now. Yes! (I definitely ordered in the 400+ range so this is a good sign)

Clipper

Waikis said:
Wait, didn't you order one from Amazon as well? I thought VOOK would be our only member with both regions already...

Waikis

Clipper said:
Wait, didn't you order one from Amazon as well? I thought VOOK would be our only member with both regions already...

I'm not that crazy. I'm getting another one for my sis and she doesn't like the hassle of buying games overseas.

My Dick Smith order has been shipped :D

Unfortunately most of my Australian Air Express orders end up showing up at around 4pm :(

Oh well, I have uni until 2pm, then I need to go pick up my Street Fighter IV preorder from JB. Should be home in time for it.

trinest

Boken said:
Ack. Didn't get that either. Nooooo

EDIT: Ok I double checked my order on their website and it says dispatched now. Yes! (I definitely ordered in the 400+ range so this is a good sign)
Your order is on backorder and will be shipped when available.

I still have that.

vanty

DSE website says my order is "Completed" can't see anything about being shipped today or not. But I did just get emailed an invoice, so I'm assuming it's been shipped. Free express shipping is pretty damn good, on top of the crazy good deal in the first place.

Fusebox

Banned
jambo said:
Just got the email update with a tracking URL

Gratz, mine is still on back order but I've also got a unit pre-ordered at EB North Sydney so there's no crisis if I don't get it.

mandiller

My order from Dick Smith has shipped out. Awesome!

I guess I'll get a note in the mail tomorrow to swing by the post office to pick up the package. Hopefully its ready to be picked up before the weekends. I'm looking forward to it.

BowieZ

Banned
zlqf84.png

BowieZ

Banned
Jintor said:
Sneaky charity boasting bugger! :p

BigW's tracking thing links to an invalid auspost code. Hurm.
lol yeah but I could have donated the $600 3DS money and poker money to charity too. I'm going to hell.

And yeah, neither tracking links work for me. Yet. @_@

mandiller said:
My order from Dick Smith has shipped out. Awesome!

I guess I'll get a note in the mail tomorrow to swing by the post office to pick up the package. Hopefully its ready to be picked up before the weekends. I'm looking forward to it.

Just checked....mine has too! Hopefully we get it by tomorrow!

mandiller

I just checked and the Dick Smith parcel is being delivered by Post's Australian Air Express. Do those delievies get delivered to your door by someone? Or do they just pop a slip in your mailbox and tell you to go to the post office to collect your parcel?

Clipper

AAE sort of depends on the guy. They are meant to attempt delivery at your door, but if nobody answers, they'll take it to the nearest post office. In certain suburbs in busy times, it seems some of the contractors just drop the slip without trying you, though.

jambo

Luckily I'm getting it delivered to work, so not only am I guaranteed to get it, I'll be able to play it straight away.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Good news everyone!

Register your Nintendo 3DS at Club Nintendo to receive 500 Stars!
Click here to register your Nintendo 3DS

Also, to coincide with the launch of Nintendo 3DS, Club Nintendo has been expanded to include eligible third party Nintendo 3DS games (games not released by Nintendo Australia).

Each qualified third party Nintendo 3DS game will carry a Club Nintendo PIN. By registering the product online at Club Nintendo, you can earn 250 stars for third party games.

Also: Price round up for games. Target has most for $55, best deal.

Deeku

So, if anyone here for whatever reason wants to swap their AUS club nintendo code for a US club nintendo code, PM me.

Rezbit

What's my chances of being able to grab SFIV and Ridge from Target tomorrow after work? Do games really sell out at launch?

vanty

BowieZ said:
lol yeah but I could have donated the $600 3DS money and poker money to charity too. I'm going to hell.

And yeah, neither tracking links work for me. Yet. @_@
With express shipping especially you usually get the item before it turns up on the tracking site. I've had stuff come from play-asia even with just standard shipping and I still get it before the tracking site updates.

EDIT: Just tried my tracking link again and now have it show up as being at a Sydney processing place for overnight shipping.

BowieZ

Banned
vanty said:
With express shipping especially you usually get the item before it turns up on the tracking site. I've had stuff come from play-asia even with just standard shipping and I still get it before the tracking site updates.
awesome, thanks!

also, i take it both orders came with automatic express shipping, then... i can't remember.

EDIT:

Big W:
Date/Time Activity Location
30/03/11 17:42 Manifest received SYDNEY PARCELS BULK LODGEMENT

Dick Smith:
Date Time Location Status
30 Mar 2011 14:33 Sydney DFPC Arrived at AaE Location for processing

trinest

I hate how the AU Street Fighter box isn't fancy.

Oh well.

Hopfully mine comes in the morning tommrow. Like early morning.

mandiller

ObnoxiousZebra said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/166dmja.jpg[IMG]

Whee![/QUOTE]

You lucky bugger. I hope to get my black one tomorrow (if the guy delivers it to my door). Any impressions on the 3DS yet?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
3DS's at my house: 2 today, 3 tomorrow, 4 Friday. Goddamn I'm insane.

Jintor

My tracker says it's in a Sydney parcel sorting facility!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu arrive tommorrow damnit! Australia Post, it's up to you!

Top Bottom