• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch

So what is the verdict on some of the launch games? What would be the top 2?

I think I might order Pilotwings from Ozgameshop (unless somewhere else has it cheaper)?

EDIT: Just checked prices, $45-50 seems pretty expensive for imported games?

jercruz

Sutton Dagger said:

I think I might order Pilotwings from Ozgameshop (unless somewhere else has it cheaper)?

For me its muted. Its good (and I'm happy with my purchase), but a little more could've made this launch greater. [Thats just me, I'm never satisfied lol]

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Sutton Dagger said:

EDIT: Just checked prices, $45-50 seems pretty expensive for imported games?
Free delivery though. Can be slow but the prices aren't bad. Can't believe Nintendo delayed Pilotwings 2 weeks. wtf?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
julls said:
Free delivery though. Can be slow but the prices aren't bad. Can't believe Nintendo delayed Pilotwings 2 weeks. wtf?

You can't?

julls said:

I suppose, just seems a little much considering some 360/PS3 games are around that price as well.

So what is the RRP of 3DS games in Aus then? Also, what prices are people paying for them today?

VOOK

RRP on most 3DS games is $69, however Target have everything for $55.

No one pays retail on AusGAF, we're not dumb.

VOOK said:
RRP on most 3DS games is $69, however Target have everything for $55.

No one pays retail on AusGAF, we're not dumb.

$55 isn't bad I guess. Yeah, I haven't payed retail price in years. Looks like I will be importing 90% of my games for the 3DS as well.

In case anyone missed GAME's awesome 3DS deal, here it is:

3DS - $349
SSFIV - $69.95
Stylus pack - $9.95
Screen Protector - $7.95
5 Cartridge cases - $9.95

Total $446.80.

Bundle Price $434.

It's is a 'saving' of $12.80...Gets on it guyzzz!

VOOK

Sutton Dagger said:
$55 isn't bad I guess. Yeah, I haven't payed retail price in years. Looks like I will be importing 90% of my games for the 3DS as well.

Guy just posted in AusGAF that Big W have games for $48.

Jintor

Things I have learnt from calling Nintendo Tech Support:

1) The problem you have will go away the second you connect to a friendly operator
2) Nintendo AU actually has Australians in their call department. What the hell?
3) They also have the good sense to use classic tunes as their waiting music. I was listening to a elegant piano remix of the Pokemon Centre theme.

VOOK

Jintor said:
Things I have learnt from calling Nintendo Tech Support:

1) The problem you have will go away the second you connect to a friendly operator
2) Nintendo AU actually has Australians in their call department. What the hell?
3) They also have the good sense to use classic tunes as their waiting music. I was listening to a elegant piano remix of the Pokemon Centre theme.

Nintendo Australia's hold music is a thing of a beauty, I love being on hold when I ring.

And yeah, their entire support department is Australia. One thing you can never bag Nintendo Australia on is their support line, also been awesome.

Jintor

I can still bag on their press quality right? Though maybe that's changed. I wonder if I can get something to Reggie or Iwata through them, I have a few questions about the whole Apple thing that was going on at GDC.

Couldn't get a peep out of them when I was doing an article about R4 piracy. :<

ManeKast

Can confirm $48.84 for 3DS games at Big W about an hour ago. Ticketed all but SSFIV for some reason (which was still $58.84).

Hey guys, anyone else having trouble registering the Ubisoft games on the AU Club Nintendo site?

Have Rayman and GR Shadow Wars and both codes are coming up expired, what gives??

VOOK

cordonbleu said:
Hey guys, anyone else having trouble registering the Ubisoft games on the AU Club Nintendo site?

Have Rayman and GR Shadow Wars and both codes are coming up expired, what gives??

Usual Nintendo trickery, they don't enable it all right away.

dangrib

couldnt help myself. just picked a black 3DS up at DSE with PES. had to wrangle the price down to $298 to match JB. they wouldnt budge initially but it worked in the end.

VOOK said:
Usual Nintendo trickery, they don't enable it all right away.

Ahh, cool, thanks man...

Anyone elses Black DS lid two tones, its a light black one side and dark towards the front of the unit... The Blue one I have is all one colour.

Must say I love the system, Face Raiders is so much fun, I wish that Pilotwings was launch..

Props to Big W online and Australia post as well, im in rural NSW and the package came today, I didnt expect the goodness until tomorrow at the earliest!!

MTE

Went out at lunch and bought Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell from JB. $59 each. Paid for convenience :| Ghost Recon seems good, and I'm honsetly surprised at the presentation quality of Splinter Cell, for a game I've heard absolutely zero about.. I'll be interested to see how the actual games stacks up (Only got to the first save point).

Yagharek

Got mine today, they didnt have Ridge Racer or PES 2011 in stock though. Not pleased.

Got GRECON though and it is quite good. Going back later on to see if the other games have arrived yet.

VOOK

RandomVince said:
Got mine today, they didnt have Ridge Racer or PES 2011 in stock though. Not pleased.

Got GRECON though and it is quite good. Going back later on to see if the other games have arrived yet.

Just price match Target for $55 anywhere else and get them.

Fusebox

Banned
Finally stopped playing AR games long enough to try SFIV. Omg it looks rad! Like little people in a box or something, I love 3D!

Yagharek

VOOK said:
Just price match Target for $55 anywhere else and get them.

I would but the guys at eb here are pretty helpful, so I'm able to wait it out. Only just got a call then to say it had come in so its only a 2 hour turnaround.

Ive lived through PS2, 360 and Dreamcast launch day disasters in Aus before. This is smooth sailing relative to that.

trinest

cordonbleu said:

Yeah me too. Was quite cut I couldn't register it.

cordonbleu said:
Anyone elses Black DS lid two tones, its a light black one side and dark towards the front of the unit...

Yep....I was surprised to see that since it doesn't come up in photos/videos. Overall I'm fairly impressed with the look of it.

I'm a little disappointed with the screen size, and on my touch screen I have little splodges in the corner. No biggie though.

Mohonky

VOOK said:
This thread needs more pictures of people's 3DS!

e5mhp3.jpg

There ya go. Was more an impulse buy than anything. Was watching some of the Ghost Recon gameplay last night and been looking for a decent turn based strategy so it was my first pick up. Possibly should have bought SFIV but I'm not massive on fighters. Nintendog's is so my little sister has something to play also.

Mainly bought this for stuff like Zelda and Paper Mario.

Unit is a solid little bugger, makes the previous DS units feel rather cheap. Haven't played around with it yet.

Mohonky

hamchan said:
If I can price match then do a trade in deal I'll probably buy from EB.

I price matched JB HiFi and also used the trade deal at my EB. Didn't bother with shit like accessories though, they'd just likely wind up in the bin.

Mohonky

Fusebox said:
That picture quality!

How did you get your gameboy camera to take a colour photo?

A gameboy might have done a better job. It's actually a 4th Gen Ipod Touch. Brilliant is it not?

Fusebox

Banned
Mohonky said:
A gameboy might have done a better job. It's actually a 4th Gen Ipod Touch. Brilliant is it not?

Lol, so true.

And wow at MTEs pic, every time I see the blue 3DS it's a different color!

edit - here's mine, just realised DSE sent me a blue instead of a black!

5575650717_9b981b9784_z.jpg

makaveli13

Neo Member
Dse order has been delivered, wife was nice enough to stay home and wait for the courier hehe

pretty keen to go home sick from work right now to check it out

might get ghost recon on my way home, seems like the pick of the launch titles and I only got rabbids with the console...

BowieZ

Banned
I took a photo of my 3DS (in 3D) with my brother's 3DS (in 3D).

I'd upload it but I don't have any way of importing via the SD card.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Went and saw Snowtown, came home to my 3DS (thank you Dick Smith).

First time ever seeing the system in person. Couldn't make Nintendo's press events, and I didnt bother going out to see any systems in stores. Didn't go out to Nintendo's 3DS Melbourne event either. I wanted the whole thing to be fresh the day I got it.

Popped in SSFIV 3D. Wow. Wow.

BowieZ

Banned
So yeah I got my beautiful shiny glossy sparkly metallic aqua blue 3DS with these games:

- nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends (already have a pet dog named Maxy)
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
- Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D (free with DSE order)
- Mario Kart DS

It's sitting there charging while I'm about to go out to buy some screen protectors.

System is mint. Will post Mii QR and friend codes and photos later :D

Got mine :D

Face raiders is awesome.

I got Rayman DS (bundled with the system) and SSFIV.

Unfortunately I think my vision is bad, I see a slight ghosted image, but it's not enough to stop me from enjoying playing on it.

Played about 10 minutes of Rayman, already hit some dodgy frameratesm but I haven't okayed Rayman 2 before so at least it's a new experience.

It looks like all PAL cases will be the same size :D no more skinny black case / clear massive case issues for the shelf.

Top Bottom