• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
pramath said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this will be a massive disappointment? I mean, compared to our expectations?
I reached a level of disappointment I never thought was possible during and after the Dragon Quest X conference, so I'm feeling comfortably apathetic right now.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are letting themselves get hyped up to unreal levels will be disappointed, but at the same time, I think the people who are in anti-hype mode are overdoing it too.

Minimal hype realistic prediction:
-Nub Pan
-Going over the same couple of first party 3ds titles again that we already know about. Maybe a release date? hahahahahha
-Sales charts
-MH3DS
-and maybe one or two games we haven't heard about. Probably underwhelming.

I don't know why anyone is hyped. Every conference thread goes the same.

1. when will it start
2. wtf who craes
3. this is boring
4. Microsoft e3 was better
5. Nintendo am doomed
6. HOLY FUCK MARIO/ZELDA LOOOKS GOOD
7. That's it? Nintendo didn't announce what I wanted...fuck them I will never support them ever again.

I'm sure I'm missing something but yeah that's the jist of it.

This is Neogaf.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Boney said:
how are your bodies

SbKWQ.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My expectations are extremely low for this so I hope to wake up in the morning and be shocked at what I read.

Green Scar said:
wtf

do you even know how development works

the japanese aren't that fast ffs
development works by games magically appearing out of a hat whenever i will them to, because i think it would be a good idea

GameE

qq more said:
People, stop expecting Smash Bros. The game hasn't started development yet since Kid Icarus isn't completed yet.

Yea, people are acting weird about this conference, expecting Smash bros., wii u, Zelda, etc. :p

EmCeeGramr said:
development works by games magically appearing out of a hat whenever i will them to, because i think it would be a good idea

And if they don't then the company has failed me and I will no longer support them (but I totally will pay attention to every latter project they release and comment on how I no longer support them in those following threads as well.)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Green Scar said:
wtf

do you even know how development works

the japanese aren't that fast ffs

Nintendo has made a habit out of announcing titles late in development, then releasing them in six months. Not saying it's going to happen with Smash Bros, if only because they've talked about high levels of Wii U connectivity, but there might be a new game revealed that's a Spring 2012 title.

pramath

Banned
This will be about as fulfilling as losing your erection right before an orgasm. I know this is disappointing because this happens to my friend all the time.

The M.O.B

I would love some in-depth gameplay demonstrations.

Even better a 4-way deathmatch in Smash Bros 3DS between Miyamoto, Iwata, Sakurai, and.....Eiji.

:p

Yeh there was no Smash Bros. in my vision. Just sock-puppets and string.

I didn't understand their language, so technically they may have been speaking about Smash Bros.

Gravijah

Plinko said:
My expectations are extremely low for this so I hope to wake up in the morning and be shocked at what I read.

Wait, doesn't that mean your expectations are high if you hope to be shocked?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Jaded Alyx said:
Yeh there was no Smash Bros. in my vision. Just sock-puppets and string.

I didn't understand their language, so technically they may have been speaking about Smash Bros.

Was it StarFox, or Animal Crossing gibberish?

EvilMario said:
Nintendo has made a habit out of announcing titles late in development, then releasing them in six months. Not saying it's going to happen with Smash Bros, if only because they've talked about high levels of Wii U connectivity, but there might be a new game revealed that's a Spring 2012 title.

It won't be Smash Bros because they announced in pretty much the exact same manner as the 2005 announcement of "Smash 3", except this time Sakurai was in on the announcement. Development for that is super fucking early. No way anything from that game(s) gets shown before E3.

qq more

Knux-Future said:
I don't know why anyone is hyped. Every conference thread goes the same.

1. when will it start
2. wtf who craes
3. this is boring
4. Microsoft e3 was better
5. Nintendo am doomed
6. HOLY FUCK MARIO/ZELDA LOOOKS GOOD
7. That's it? Nintendo didn't announce what I wanted...fuck them I will never support them ever again.

I'm sure I'm missing something but yeah that's the jist of it.

This is Neogaf.
Nintendo Conference Cycle

The only time it was broken was E3 2010. Despite 3DS being a disappointment to many... that was the greatest conference EVER.

Sennorin

Banned
Again, this is supposed to cover their 2012-lineup, so there *will* be a lot of stuff. And some of it brand new. Also, seeing footage of some already-announced titles isn´t as bad as some of you are making it sound to be.

pramath said:
This will be about as fulfilling as losing your erection right before an orgasm. I know this is disappointing because this happens to my friend all the time.

I was thinking, if I should use the old "and by friend you mean yourself"-approach, or the more modern, tolerant "so you know well about your friend´s erections, okay"-one.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
GameE said:
Yea, people are acting weird about this conference, expecting Smash bros., wii u, Zelda, etc. :p

Conferences are always disappointing on GAF because people get stupidly high expectations about what the conferences will entail. This is going to be some news about some release dates for 1st and 3rd parties, some new apps, and maybe one or two surprises. That is all.

I will happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but this conference will not be exciting or amazing.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
sfried said:
It would be really funny if somebody posts another "Not my problem" Reggie pic again in this thread, seeing how he is not involved.

You're wrong. To appease North American fans, they're going to have Reggie wheel out on to the stage tied to a chair, and they're going to pelt him with rotten eggs, immediately before firing him, and launching him through the roof on an ejection seat.

pramath

Banned
Sennorin said:
I was thinking, if I should use the old "and by friend you mean yourself"-approach, or the more modern, tolerant "so you know well about your friend´s erections, okay"-one.
I'm not sure which one would make me feel worse

antonz

Hm looks like NOA translated Iwatas tweet now. maybe they will be useful for something.

Sakurai just tweeted he arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom