• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Jaded Alyx said:
Nothing will be announced. Iwata won't even be there. The whole thing will be conducted by two sock-puppets arguing over a piece of string.

I have foreseen it.
You know what? I'm disappointed that there will never be such a conference like this.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
EatChildren said:
Paper Mario, Luigi's Masion, Animal Crossing, Tekken 3D, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Smash Bros, Heroes of Ruin and more, are all due in 2012 or beyond.

Nintendo is the king of retreading. I expect a lot of time spent on stuff we already know about.

I think they realize retreading at this point isn't enough.

New IP from Miyamoto + new street pass / ARG apps that make you intrigued.

or else they might as well throw in the towel now.

dwu8991

Banned
EatChildren said:
Paper Mario, Luigi's Masion, Animal Crossing, Tekken 3D, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Smash Bros, Heroes of Ruin and more, are all due in 2012 or beyond.

Nintendo is the king of retreading. I expect a lot of time spent on stuff we already know about.

To tread or retread, that is the question.

BurntPork

Banned
Chet Rippo said:
t3ECd.png
1265942700844.gif

Trike

EatChildren said:

Wait, what? I thought at the time of the announcement they said that they didn't even start development yet?

antonz

Iwata just tweeted a bit ago. Basically says finished rehersal. Miyamaoto continues to make changes to the thing even now. 12 noon today for conference.

Seems a bit like a tweet rip off from his E3 tweets

[岩田] 最終リハーサルを終了しました。宮本さんが最後まで粘って改善を加えるのは、ゲーム作りのときと全く同じです。今日昼12:00、カンファレンス本番を待つばかりです。

2 & a half hours.

My final, realistic hopes:

Yoshi's Island 3D Classic
Alttp 3D Classic
Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light sequel.
Zelda Four Swords released now...even though I have noone to play it with :(
Demos Available now with Starfox 64 3D Demo, Pilotwings, SteelDiver, and/or Kirby's Mass Attack (I hope DS games are included. And 3DSWare games)
Demos Launch date and what demos are coming.
Demos of all major 1st part titles release 1-2 weeks before they hit retail.
New Firmware update available NOW/release date. Firmware updates includes 3DS-3DS transfers, video recording. Maybe possibly friend messaging aswell.
3DS-3DS transfer allows you to transfer ALL activity log data (if it does'nt I am never buying a revision...)
Final Fantasy V/VI remake (if nones announced for V I guess I'll go ahead and get V on GBA off of amazon...used...)
New first party titles for next year.

My hopes that will probably never come true.
3DS-3DS transfer allows you to transfer save data for downloads/cry
3DS XL with four traggers and two circlle pads. Has a 4 inch bottom screen and 4.5 inch top screen. It will be glorious. And the colors will be different from 3DS colora.
DS Micro. Like the GB Micro except for DS. Has two 2 inch screens. I would love this.
Xenoblade announced for America!!! Oh wait...this is a Japanese conference...
EDIT: Oh yea Folders for 3DS.

Umm...off the top of my head thats all I can think off.

Kodiak said:
I think they realize retreading at this point isn't enough.

New IP from Miyamoto + new street pass / ARG apps that make you intrigued.

or else they might as well throw in the towel now.
They already anounced the big gun which was MH Tri G which is just about one of the biggest 3rd party exclusives they could land, in Japan at least.

There will probably be a few (1-3) first party titles anounced as well as some smaller 3rd party titles here or at TGS. However if Mario Kart, Resident Evil, 3D Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Smash Bros., Inazuma Eleven, etc. aren't enough to make a lot of people jump on board then yes they should throw the towel in.

Wait, what? I thought at the time of the announcement they said that they didn't even start development yet?
He said 2012 or beyond.

Erethian

phosphor112 said:
Is there a Nintendo (non-3DS) conference, before TGS as well?... or only at TGS?... Or do they even have a presence at TGS?

Nintendo doesn't attend TGS. There have been years where Iwata gave the keynote, but that's it.

antonz

phosphor112 said:
Is there a Nintendo (non-3DS) conference, before TGS as well?... or only at TGS?... Or do they even have a presence at TGS?

Probably not though they could do something early in the new year again maybe

pramath said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this will be a massive disappointment? I mean, compared to our expectations?
every conference ever made is a massive disappointment compared to GAF expectations. Doesn't mean it won't be good times.

pramath said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this will be a massive disappointment? I mean, compared to our expectations?
Its a video game conference. Of course it could be a massive dissapointment. But the last two years of Nintendo's September/October conferences have been awsome so we'll see...

Sennorin

Banned
pramath said:

The opposite is true for me. All I´m expecting now is FF7 remake, but things are shaping up that we actually might get FF6-9 remakes for 3DS.

pramath said:
people are predicting shit that would be big even at an e3 press conference, i just don't know

pramath said:

Hell would freeze over if the conference actually met expectations.

I mean come on its a Nintendo conference... We set ourselves up for disappointment

antonz said:
Iwata just tweeted a bit ago. Basically says finished rehersal. Miyamaoto continues to make changes to the thing even now. 12 noon today for conference.

Seems a bit like a tweet rip off from his E3 tweets

NO! Last time they did that, the conference became a cluster fuck.

Erethian said:
Nintendo doesn't attend TGS. There have been years where Iwata gave the keynote, but that's it.

That's depressing.. you'd think that since they are struggling this year, they'd try to get some more steam behind their platforms.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trike said:

It hasn't, thats why I said beyond :p. Point is Nintendo has quite a few games already for after this year, and I expect them to spend time showing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom